Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You ever watched MLP in other languages then your own?

The Extemper

Have you ever watched MLP or listened to the songs from the show in a foreign language? If so what is your favorite foreign dub? Do you like any of the other dubs better then the english version?

• Brohoof 2

I've watched a tiny bit of it in Japanese (mainly for the songs which were ok, but disappointing that Rarity's songs were in English with Japanese subtitles.)  Also I enjoyed the opening themes made for the dub.

But besides that I haven't watched any other dub of MLP FIM besides the great Italian opening.

• Brohoof 1

I've watched it in French, Japanese, and possibly Italian but I found them enjoyable. Pretty sure I like the English version the best though.

i watch the regular english dubs and english is foreign language to me xD

other than that tried some mlp episodes on japanese and its good

I watched a couple episodes in my own language (brazilian portuguese) and when I heard Twily, AJ and RD I was like NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE  :mellow:

I watched the pilot in japanese as well, it's pretty darn good but I love Tara Strong, Tabitha, Andrea Libman and Ashleigh Ball way too much to watch the show in another language  :derp:

I watched German, Thai, Japanese and English(not my own language) dubs. I can definitely say that English is the best one and Japanese is pretty good too. but other than that are nightmares to me lol.

All the time because I watch it in English while French is my first language.

But I tried to watch it in French and I didn't like it.

(edited)

I've only seen the first episode in another language, which was Japanese, but I definitely plan on watching more of the Japanese dub, it's really awesome. I don't like it more than the English version, but I still really like it. Plus it makes it fun to watch episodes that I've seen many times before but this time in a different way, getting to hear it with different voices (and a completely different opening theme). I'm looking forward to hearing how some of the characters' voices will sound in the Japanese dub.

Edited by Cork Top

Yep spanish. I don't know how.. But when I watched it, it was only in spanish and I couldn't switch it back to english. I google translated the spanish I did't know. But I've taken Spanish for about 3 years now so..

Nope. I can't even speak other languages. I mean I can speak rudimentary spanish buuuut... I'm not exactly fluent.

I have heard the songs in other languages and as you'd expect english always sounds the best

I've seen some episodes in Spanish and enjoyed them. I barely speak Spanish, but I understand it pretty well. I've also watched some scenes in Italian, Japanese, and French.

I love Pinkie's voice in the Spanish dub. Her voice doesn't sound exactly like the English one, but it still really matches her character.

• Brohoof 2