Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You ever watched MLP in other languages then your own?

The Extemper

(edited)

I've been currently watching the show and listing to the songs in latino spanish. I'm currently trying to learn the language, and thought this would be the best way to make it fun and engaging.

I've also taken on the very daunting task of subtitling the spanish series with spanish subs.

Edited by emeraldburst

Japanese! That's the only other language that I have watched the show in besides English and it is glorious. Surprisingly it is dubbed fantastically. Also the songs, the songs. Each one sounds cuter to me in Japanese. One thing about that though, I think they overlooked the fact that Scootaloo is supposed to be 'bad' at singing. :P

• Brohoof 1

I really like the german dub, the voice actors are just as talented as our originals, but only the italian Applejack can really hold par to Ashleigh, especially when singing. She has a very rich voice.

I watch MLP in LA Spanish when its in the TV, since is my cable signal default lenguage. Some voices are ok, but others are a bit ugly, so I prefer watching it in english.

I also watched it in portuguese when I was some weeks in Brazil.

seen a little german and spanish but it just inst the same.  The talent of andrea liberman etc and their iconic voices is just to hard to get out of your head. How can I picture them any other way?

I do it all the time since my native language isn't english, but spanish. The first dub I saw is the latinoamerican one and I like it, the voices are ok and the songs aren't bad. I´ve also watched the european spanish one but i dislike it.

I have tried to watch the show at the first time in my own language(Hungarian), one of the biggest mistakes of my life, it literally made me hate the show at first, it mangled the enjoyment factor and at the half of the pilot episode I was thinking that if I have to watch one more minute I will hang myself.

To say something positive, I like the Japanise, German, Polish and French songs of the show, sometimes I listen compilations and comparisons.

This is one of my favorites  :)

Unfortunately, the hungarian dub is lame, it's obvious that they didn't lay themselves out to do it correspondently which I regret cuz I like listening to hungarian bands and singers.

• 1 month later...

I watch english version of MLP because my native (Polish) version is terrible. The only good thing in PL version in my opinion are songs, not every song but some of then are very good in Polish (Like: Winter Wrap Up or At the Gala). I watched also a Japanese version of MLP and a lot of songs in many languages.

Edited by Yarishia

I watch them normally in german...since i am german.

But i also did watch many things in english since not everything is easy to get here in germany, specially vhs tapes from the older shows  :ooh:

I like both versions, english and german.  :love:

Spanish since I'm hailing from Argentina.

As any show that has been dubbed from its original language, I despise every breathing second of it.

Every.

Breathing.

Second.

*cough* dubbed songs *cough* *cough*

Edited by Shadow Beam

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a lot of songs in multilanguages, but the only full episodes I could find in another language are the Japanese ones here: http://www.dailymotion.com/chocoreichan and Swedish: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/user/liggliluff/1

Edited by Melon Blitz

No, I have not.

What I have done, however, is watch other country's intros to the show.

Like the Italian's version of the season 1 opener. Love that.

I watch everytime in hungarian, because it is my native language.But since season 5, i forced to watch in english, because it is not synchronized yet :( . the songs in hungarian is sometimes terrible and the voices too. but in english is way more better than in hungarian.

Edited by Telferi