Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you often dream nightmares?

darkwingmare

(edited)

i have no clue if I often have nightmare. The dream I remember are mostly messed up, so I can't  tell nightmares from dreams

actually beyond messed up

Edited by reader8363

Strangely, I have never had a nightmare in my life. If I did, I don't recall it whatsoever, but as far as I'm aware I haven't. I've had mildly dark dreams, but they don't bother me I actually find them interesting.

I dont dream regularly, but when I do, there is a good chance its a nightmare. 

They tend to be very realistic to the point I never realise I am in a dream, always involve the worst of human actions or difficult moral decisions, and I never forget the details. 

I dont know how well this helps, but I was told by my doctor that for me at the least, these dreams are manifestations of something bad happening in my real life, and are always related by theme. For example, when I had a nightmare where I was brutalised by police, it was caused by unfair treatment by authority figures in real life. So to me, nightmares signal there is something that needs to be addressed in real life. If its recurring that often, then its probably time to take a deep long look at what is happening to you.

• 9 months later...

I have nightmares like every other night lmao

The realistic ones usually tend to scare me most. If it has to do with friends, family, or just life in general. If they feel really real, I get legitimately scared. I've also had crazy and bizarre nightmares too, with your typical monsters and such. Not a nice feeling at all.

Sometimes I do. Sometimes pleasant dreams turn into nightmares mid-dream. Sometimes I roll with it and It doesn't bother me as much. And sometimes, I wake up at night cold-sweating... it's a mixed bag.

I tend to have Nightmares more often than not, with monsters of my own creation lurking about my dreamscape. When I have Nightmares I try to wake up and write them down. I'm working on a book with horror themes and I may delve into the genre further in the future, so I use my nightmares as a source of inspiration. 

Edited by Seraph

I rarely have nightmares, actually. Far more often my dreams are far nicer than reality has ever been. That or just plain weird.

I do have nightmares occasionally, of course, but they're not the norm.

I do, but most often when I take naps. During my weekends when I'm recovering from working nights, I'll wake up about 2 am, and then go back to bed an hour or two later, and that short nap following tends to lead to nightmares that wake me up in the most disturbed of moods.

I can't wait to go back to school and end this night job once and for all. It'll make me nervous officially making the switch though, because I'm sure I'll have these nightmares then.

I have nightmares often, yeah.

Especially sleep paralysis. I'm half awake, and hearing/seeing things, but I can't move my body at all. When this happens I usually fully wake up sweating and breathing heavily because I'm so frightened. I think it may be because I have such high anxiety. It's been happening since I was very little. :P

I dont really have Nightmares lately but i had quiet a few in my childhood.

When i get a Nightmare today, i simply realize in my Dream, that im in a Dream, transform myself into something that can fly away and fly away.

As a Kid, i simply closed my Eyes in a Nightmare and let, whoever was trying to kill me , kill me, so that the Nightmare ended quickly.

I don't have nightmares often.  I used to have more nightmares but they seem to have mellowed out recently, I tend to dream more about my random OCs.  

Tonight I had another terrible dream... I truly wish they'd stop. My girlfriend had to wake me up tonight because I was apparently breathing real heavily in my sleep. I was screaming in my dream and I couldn't have been more terrified, I believe. It's so frustrating to wake up a scared every now and then. Sometimes, the dreams are more.. Neutral, but they are still unpleasant. Yet, most of the time all my dreams are just downright scary.

When I have a nightmare I'm usually happy about it the next day. Don't get me wrong, I'm not into suffering needlessly, but I like anything that makes an otherwise boring sleep interesting and memorable. I do sympathize with those suffering from sleeping disorders though, I would never mean to make light of any of that. 

• Brohoof 1

Almost all of my dreams are nightmares.

Or, maybe they're not. Over time, I've become acclimated to all the disturbing imagery my brain produces. Hardly anything fazes me any more. The nightmares are just "business as usual" now.