Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread (Happiness Thread)What made you happy today?

Poetic Stone

Today I bought a mudcake and it's Friday tomorrow. Sweet edible things and soon-to-be weekends make me smile!

A fat 2+ hour long nap late in the morning, putting together a custom pony project to craft the Mane 6 as their 80's matches

Rainbow Dash/Firefly

Rarity/Sparkler

Posey/Fluttershy

Twilight/Twilight Sparkle

Pinkie Pie/Surprise

Applejack/Applejack

But to make it more confusing, I'm posting them from the generation 3 turn of the millennium figures 

I work at an after school program for at risk kids in a poor state in the worst city. Theres a moment each day that I try to hold on to, where I think about how my interaction and influence as a positive older roll model and its impact  that gives me a sense of old happiness- like something in my aura's very fiber resonates when I think about the good I get to do. Sure, theres horrible pay, but the job pays off in other ways, especially to the soul :3 

I'm almost done with my psychology essay, or at least I have the required amount of pages already. It feels tempting to just submit it already but at the same time I could as well go for at least one more page. :please:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I received an email about my application to Amazon. I got the confirmation that I will be working at Amazon in a few weeks. My orientation day will be on May 10th and I'll be working that very same weekend. I'm a little nervous and excited about my newest job and I'm looking forward to working there. :) 

9 hours ago, Recherche said:

The fact that this gigantic cyst on my chest keeps shrinking due to my medication! :squee:

Dude I had a sebaceous cyst growing above my left eye underneath my eyebrow.

I was always made fun of by other kids at school (I was in 7th Grade) it wasn't very noticeable at first but then it began growing bigger and it became very very noticeable.

There was this one time when I was at the school gym playing basketball when one of the basketballs hit me straight on the left side of my face.My cyst was bleeding really badly so they sent me to the nurse and called my father to pick me up and take me home.

After the hit it was growing really big almost to the point that I could barely see with my left eye.Luckily Thanksgiving break was next week so I didn't have to go to school,I remember my mother took me to the hospital one of those days and the doctor had to cut the whole thing open and I was wide awake! 

It hurt really bad but I managed to keep calm and the doctor managed to remove this thing that was in the cyst with some tweezers.This wasn't over yet though.....The hospital said I had to go to another hospital in Dallas to get the whole root removed.

Time passed by and I went two times,the first time they just ran a test on me,The second time I actually had surgery.

Thankfully the procedure went smoothly and it was removed.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Recherche said:

@Messy Mane Wow. You were awake!?  :wacko: Man, you must have balls of steel to sit through that! Did you at least have some form of painkiller?

Yup WIDE awake 

And No,they didn't see the need to use one.They cut it open with a surgical knife and shot it with an antibiotics injection straight on the God damn thing.Pus,blood,and water was dripping right down the side of my face.

• Brohoof 1

Nothing, in fact, I'm slipping back into malaise. I'm done wasting time on worthless ideas, and trying to waste talented people's time.

Edited by Karnak

I was happy that my mom let me go shopping for her today. She got back from the doctor after getting a steroid shot in her ankle and she was not up to being on her feet. Usually she just toughs it out but this time she accepted my offer and let me do the work. It really made me feel happy that she was at home resting her foot. She was really doing me the favor. 

• 4 weeks later...

Both of my therapy things are going to be finished quite soon. :pinkie: I feel like I've done well and got better along the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

What made me happy today? Coming to the realization that after this week, I’ll be graduating high school, which means I’ll have enough time in the mornings to do whatever I want! :love: ....until I start working, that is. :adorkable:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Music, as always. The reminder that there are some genuinely caring people out there with much potential. Recovering a little more faith in myself. Finding meaning in meaninglessness :)That last one was actually pretty easy, it was in the first seven letters you see!

Edited by catnet