Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Ted 2 and it's relationship to Hasbro and Bronies.

ScarfaceOne

Yeah, so I watched Ted 2 on Wednesday and it was awesome. But here's the thing, there was a segment where SPOILER ALERT: Donny works for Hasbro, and he and the boss of Hasbro plot to kidnap Ted, there were Equestria Girls and MLP. Later in the film, during the Comic Con, someone uses a Pinkie Pie Statue in the fight scene. I loled, but was wondering, is the film Mocking Bronies? In the first film, there is a Daytona cabinet in the bowling alley, it can't be mocking Daytona fans, but it's good to see a Retro video game cabinet in a film, I wish Daytona was still popular. Sega say that they finally realize they suck, And they say they will realize franchises, I hope this means a new Daytona game. Or at least a new Crazy Taxi Reboot. I heard that a Virtua Cop and Crazy Taxi movie is in the work. Also, I thought the film was some Product Placement ploy for Hasbro, yet it gives Hasbro a bad image as well. Are Hasbro actually Licencing Ted to make them look bad?

Like I said, I really would like to talk about this, has anyone else seen Ted 2 recently? Oh, and sorry if I didn't put Spoiler Alert in the title.

• Brohoof 1

I highly doubt this has any connection to bronies whatsoever, other than maybe a tiny, tiny reference. I have not seen the film, I assume the ponies or in fact bronies are not necessarily brought up? If that is the case then there is probably no connection, though I bet the producers of the film know that bronies exist. 

• Brohoof 2

I heard about this and I think it's mainly a reference to bronies and MLP, also I wanna see Ted 2 very badly, I love the first movie and know every quote from it.

I know the first one doesn't mock Daytona fans, although I thought it did. Because there is a Daytona Cab in the bowling alley, probably a coincidence for where they were filming.

I dont know if any of you watched the credits, but Tara Strong played the voice of "Toy Ted" saying "I Love you" 

I was thinking about this, and I thought about, "Why Tara strong and not some other voice actor?". 

We do know that Tara Strong is largely connected to Hasbro. and looky there, Hasbro plays a major role in this film, and the first things majorly shown is that the conference room had a large wall with Equestria Girl characters, I dont exactly remember which. 

Also, the station at ComicCon where Hasbro has setup was mostly ponies. only one thing related to transformers there. Funny thing though, is that most of the dramatic scenes were shot at the hasbro stand, the climax as well. Yet, the stand had nothing to do with the film in itself. The CEO nor Donny came from the stand, in fact, Donny was dressed as Raphael, from the TMNT movies. 

The stand was there, mostly MLP related. Yet these scenes could have been shot ANYWHERE in comiccon. But it just so happens, Ted ends up at the Hasbro stand. 

In my opinion, I feel like whoever made Ted and Ted 2 are either trying to appeal to the Brony audience, or are bronies themselves. 

The fact that Tara Strong had a role gave me half the idea. 

I don't know, but I have no interest in seeing anything from Seth MacFarlane anymore as he only seems to care about putting sex jokes in every episode of Family Guy.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm guessing they just put that prop there for fuck's sake.

And the Hasbro CEO was out there so there was probably an outlet for Hasbro in Comic-Con

Edited by cider float

@@ScarfaceOne

Just letting you know I moved your thread to Sugarcube Corner as it dealt with the fandom is some form. :)

The more important question is why is the Hasbro CEO a bad guy?

Well it is joked about, even in our fandom, the Hasbro mostly cares for money. 

So.. in the movie, hasbro is wanting to make more money, leading them to be an antagonist for their greed. 

So.. in the movie, hasbro is wanting to make more money, leading them to be an antagonist for their greed. 

True but you can take any CEO of any entertainment corporation and they are all the same.

I kinda wonder. Was Hasbro's CEO cool with this, or will he sue for defamation (even if that was just an actor playing a role and not the actual CEO in charge of Hasbro)?

Saw this film today and loved the pony eastereggs and the portrayal of Hasbro. Thought it was very funny but also very emotional at times. Personally (though many will disagree) I found it even better than the first movie, and I liked the first movie.

I highly doubt they were mocking Bronies. At most, they were just leaving pony easter eggs for moviegoers to find (a lot of movies and shows leave easter eggs for a lot of things)

Now, if they had a character in the movie who was basically a walking Brony stereotype (Obese, neckbearded, fedora-wearing, etc) then yes, we could safely say that they were mocking Bronies.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

This particular scene made me watch the movie :D

medium.gif

Well, these poneh where there just because of Hasbro, as there's nothing in particular that mocks bronies. In fact, it looks more like they where there to appeal to us

On 7/12/2015 at 5:24 PM, Green Precision said:

I dont know if any of you watched the credits, but Tara Strong played the voice of "Toy Ted" saying "I Love you" 

I was thinking about this, and I thought about, "Why Tara strong and not some other voice actor?". 

We do know that Tara Strong is largely connected to Hasbro. and looky there, Hasbro plays a major role in this film, and the first things majorly shown is that the conference room had a large wall with Equestria Girl characters, I dont exactly remember which. 

Also, the station at ComicCon where Hasbro has setup was mostly ponies. only one thing related to transformers there. Funny thing though, is that most of the dramatic scenes were shot at the hasbro stand, the climax as well. Yet, the stand had nothing to do with the film in itself. The CEO nor Donny came from the stand, in fact, Donny was dressed as Raphael, from the TMNT movies. 

The stand was there, mostly MLP related. Yet these scenes could have been shot ANYWHERE in comiccon. But it just so happens, Ted ends up at the Hasbro stand. 

In my opinion, I feel like whoever made Ted and Ted 2 are either trying to appeal to the Brony audience, or are bronies themselves. 

The fact that Tara Strong had a role gave me half the idea. 

Tara Strong's role was there since the first movie, so I don't think it was to outright appeal to us from the beginning, since she was uncredited :huh: