Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Internet Speeds

CosmicSpark

Here is my internet speed on my Laptop while at the opposite end of the house to my Wi-Fi router, while not being plugged in.

4652944046.png

Still needs to be faster, upgrading soon hopefully.

It seems the speed test website does not want to work for me. XD However, last time I did a test, I was getting around 40mbps download speeds and I think around 10mpbs for upload. I am supposed to be getting at least 50mbps but it is wireless so that affects it. For years I was on a 3mbps download speed connection. Looking back, I have no idea how I did anything with it. :P

I got Grade B Internet. I'm better than most of you.  B) ​ I even went to the room with the worst signal and I'm on Wireless. Brohoof for everyone that beats me.

sig-4037708.4599482810.png

You know 69/4 at 13 ms isn't really that fast :derp:

This used to be my speed

img-3345353-2-3995054781.png

However, I moved to my own apartment for college a few weeks ago. I should have about 250/50 at 4 ms now.

I just want to point out something also, 1000 mbps or 100 mbps, it doesn't really matter. Larger numbers only mean you will be able to download and upload data faster and you rarely do that anyway. What matters the most is the ping speed, a low value like 1 ms will make internet pages load way faster and your gaming experience will be awesome. What I'm trying to say is, if you're playing like CS online or something, a 100 mbps 5ms connection will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than a 1000 mbps 50 ms connection.

• 2 years later...

screenshot_19.jpg.cbb754ee031774021530d4dfe97f333c.jpg

Pretty slow to say the least (It has a hard time with 360p YouTube videos). My dad and I can't really afford good internet at the moment, so we ended up with the slowest we could get from our ISP, which is extremely slow as you can see.

• 1 month later...

Well in our area the networking hardware infrastructure isn't that good so we're stuck on a stupidly slow DSL line internet connection. We also live 3.5 kilometres away from the nearest networking exchange and with DSL internet the speed and cable  signal strength degrades over the distance between your modem and the local networking exchange. So because we're on a ADSL plan we have 4MBS download speed with a 0.5MBS upload speed. It's extremely slow for this day and age but the speeds are just getting limited by the local networking infrastructure in our area. However they are rolling out coax based cable internet in our area this month so we should get a much faster internet connection and the new internet connection will be 25MBS download and 25MBS upload and that's according to the new cable internet plan we selected for when the new cable infrastructure is commissioned and tuned on. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

newspeed.PNG.864a1ae7a97c6cb071f200f95072ec09.PNG Thats an academy record (for me) i used to have 21 mbps for download and 8 for upload, i thought Australians had a reputation for terrible internet speed even though this isn't considered a lot it still functions fast so i don't really get the stereotype.

• 3 months later...

Not currently at home but I know my speeds by hearts.

It's 120mbps down and 10mbps up.

My ISP is Spectrum.

I achieve those speeds by using a router and a switch that support gigabit speeds since it's over 100mbps. :fluttershy:

On 12/26/2017 at 8:28 AM, Denim&Venom said:

6911328393.png

Does this win me anything? 

I have pretty much those same exact speeds right now at home.

• Brohoof 2

well for me its uhhh ....... 5mbs download and 1 upload  , its about all i can get and i dont want sat. i got this internet becouse its the only one i can get with low latency so i can play online plus its truly unlimited with out the softcaps that others use as a ruse to make you think its unlimited but its not.

This isn't entirely accurate since I actually get speeds more around 120mbps down but you know. Close enough!

8d54f9f9735e5d7789c2834ef72bba90.png

AT&T is in the last stages of bringing fiber on my street, so I'm imaging we'll get that once it's available. For now, have my current one:

7443638705.png