Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S05:E13 - Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

Jeric

S05:E13 - Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep?  

318 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Hell the only major gripe I have with this episode is that the smoke creature just now makes an appearance....... Luna was introduced in episode 2 when she supposedly created it..... So she never dream about other ponies, and it took her 4.5 seasons to finally dream about other ponies?..... just sayin, that's a bit of a stretch.....

But otherwise an innpeccable episode.

Not really... whether she dreamed of other ponies before the episode or not is immaterial, since the Tantabus didn't have the power to escape from her dream into the dreams of those she dreamed about... until the events of this episode. So it's not a plothole.

• Brohoof 1

Okay...so even though it has been almost two weeks since I watched this episode, I'm still trying to recover from it. 

Especially when...well...let's just say "THANKS M.A Lar..." wait...he didn't write this episode...well...thanks to him anyways for giving the idea to the writer(s) who wrote this.  

This episode makes me sad in two different ways.

1. Such a great concept and story arc that would have greatly benefited from being a 2-parter. It doesn't give Luna justice. :(

2. The fact that to this moment, Luna has been having trouble coming to terms with herself, leading to self-punishment. Makes me wonder what she had to go through to this point. 

Lyra-Bob Bob hybrid...... Reallllllllllly trying to add shipping fuel.... Again. Love it.

*pounds gavel* Here here. Let it be known to the House that the right and honorable gentleman has made his point. And what a wonderful point it is.  :proud:

Besides my terrible love of Lyrabon shipping, this episode did also satiate my need for a little more Flutterbat. We could use some vampire Shy in all of our lives.  :lol:

Loved it.  Loved everything about it.  I connect, almost frighteningly, well with Luna and I just saw so much of myself in this episode.  Not saying I cried or got goosebumps or anything, but not saying I didn't.  My only critique is that she forgave herself much too quickly, I am not hung up on this though because I accept the fact that two parters mid season is forbidden.  I'll take a Luna episode where I can get it, as long as they never do any disservices to her character.  Because she is fantastic.  And my gosh... Alicorn Big Macintosh... Yep... Yep they did and I'm so glad haha

I also really liked this episode. :)  I have been waiting since the beginning of Season 2 for them to do another episode about Luna herself, and not just having her show up in the CMC's dreams.  Thank you, writers, for finally giving us another chance to get to know our Princess of the Night a little better. :)

Surprisingly deep material for this show.  And I also really identify with her being wracked with guilt over her past actions.  What a wonderful moral, even if it felt a little rushed at the end.

Whose fan art did they base Luna's dream at the end on?

One thing I love about this show is that the writers aren't afraid to push the boundaries and get deep from time to time. This episode took that to a whole new level. What seemed to be a trivial issue (worrying about nightmares) proved to be a psychological and emotional conflict that added to Princess Luna's character arc; an arc that dates back to the series' premiere episodes. The metaphor of nightmares being the things that that give us stress and keep us from moving on (fear, regret, denial, etc) is really thought provoking. Another advantage this episode has is the high amounts of imagination that made an already dreamlike world even more surreal and otherworldly. Overall, I thought this was a great episode!

I loved this episode so much.  There were a lot of surreal, bizarre, fantastic visuals.  It also managed to be very funny and extremely poignant at the same time.  Each of the individual dreams were cool to watch and they all had great moments of their own, but then things got even cooler when it became a big collective dream. 

Out of everything that happened, the one thing that sticks with me the most was seeing the Tantabus in the form of Luna.  It had grown absolutely enormous by that point, and watching it slowly lumber toward the rift and into the waking world felt epic.  The revelation that the Tantabus was the physical manifestation of Luna's guilt was a cool twist, but actually seeing the gargantuan Tantabus/Luna slowly marching toward total victory is an image I'll never forget. 

The stakes were so high!  Characters were zipping around as idealized dream versions of themselves trying to keep the rift closed, while an exhausted and depressed Luna was openly sobbing and on the verge of utter failure.  It was nearly catastrophic, but thanks to some friendly reassurance Luna was finally convinced that she isn't as bad as she thought she was.  Great story, great art, and a ton of hilarious extras.  From my perspective, it just doesn't get much better than this.

• Brohoof 1

This is one of my all time favorite episodes ⁿ-ⁿ

Especially because it's about Luna ;)

The plot was well written and really adds more depth into Luna's character, and the Tantibus (Really creative name :) Fun to say, and Latin for "Nightmare") is an awesome bad entity..

The most awesome of Tandibus moments :sneer:  Tearing through the fabric of reality and dreams..

sig-4000747.0voKXf7.gif

I also love how many cool and/or funny things can be added into the dreams, as dreams are a place where anything can happen :D

Seeing older cameos like Applejack's and Rainbow's Power pony versions blew my mind :pinkie: and Derpy being big like that was pretty funny xD

Seeing Big Mac turn into an Alicorn princess was even funnier x'D

Though there's also the side of the story where you feel sorry for Luna.. she's felt so guilty for so long, and she's never had a good dream since her reversion from Nightmare Moon to Luna..

But it makes the ending all the more better and happier when Luna is finally at peace in her dreams.. ⁿ-ⁿ

Edited by AURAequine

It is quite sad that Luna would punish herself with the Tantabus. What i want to know is Why couldnt she forgive herself for the pain she caused other ponies? OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

Yeah.................. its sad someone is still pushed out of society, and yet they still punish themselves for their "crimes"

Also, Luna episode ftw

I found the Episode to be interesting and very entertaining. The whole going into others dreams reminded me on that one Spongebob Episode and the idea that an evil spirit ( of some sort ) haunts others dreams and continues to grow over time was great. It was an exciting Episode.Also the transforming Clothes were actually pretty scary...for a kids show.

Things that i didnt like was some more stupid jokes that they made, like the whole Princess Macintosh thing...i dont know..that was just kinda awkward.

And that Luna just forgive herself from one moment to the other. Well..it could have been more epic, but okay. But overall the Episode was very funny and interesting so i liked it  :D

Also, why did Luna had just recently nightmares? If she never would have forgave herself, wouldnt that mean she should have this nightmares much earlier?  :confused:

Luna really is an idiot.

Why would she create something that she knew could potentially escape and take over the world, to punish herself for trying to take over the world? She said herself that it was capable of escaping into the real world before it even tried to escape so she knew it was possible. She is literally putting the world at risk because she feels bad about putting the world at risk. I thought she was wiser than that.

7.8/10 too much Luna.