Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S05:E13 - Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?

Jeric

S05:E13 - Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep?  

318 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

That was a fun episode. Ending did feel a bit rushed (probably due to the 20 min time limit.) but hey, other than that it was a great episode. A perfect episode to go out on before starting a hiatus.

Also PRINCESS BIG MAC IS CANON!!! LARSON, YOU GLORIOUS CREATOR OF GODS!!!!!

So, Luna created the Tantapus because she felt that she needed punishment for what she did? Well that sounds a lot like another monster I know.

image.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Good gracious, now that was a ride I'd rather stay on!

It was starting out okay, nothing too memorable... then Princess Big Mac happened. You should have seen the look on my face when he first showed up. My jaw still hurts.

I also love the fact that they touched on Luna's internal guilt for what she did as Nightmare Moon, it's tough to let go of what happened in the past.

Solid episode overall, and I'll gladly take that break after that.

Anyone else think Spike was written REALLY well in this episode?

He's still the worst character on the show. XD

(edited)

Going to keep this nice and simple

What I liked:

Luna: good conflict

M6: nice to see dreams

Spike: jerk sometimes but good intentions and he HELPS!

Dream stuff: Giant Derpy, Princess Big Macintosh, LyraBon (tell me they aren't together now ;P) Flutterbat returning in a good way, Flying Scootaloo

What I disliked:

Mid-season finale: No more pony until October at the earliest. (EQG3 doesn't count cause they're humans) 

What was meh to me:

Resolution: Rushed ending but not to bad IMO

Fluttershy's a switch writers! Though I suppose she's on top most of the time. 

Great episode overall. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet

FINALLY. ANOTHER LUNA EPISODE. IM SO HAPPY. I'm even wearing my Luna shirt!

Luna best princess confirmed. Seriously, her character development is just so great. I just adore her character and how she's changed over the season.

This episode was huge on an epic scale, and it was a lot of fun. I think this was one of the much better episodes of the season.

I totally forgot I was even wearing my Luna shirt too! ROFL The fun has been doubled! (No, seriously that's what the shirt says.)  :comeatus:

Cons: The first half of the episode seemed a bit rushed and was confusing at first. The whole 'monster will plunge Equestria into a nightmare' thing was getting repetitive and the dialogue wasn't that great.

Pros: I liked how much action was put into the episode. This one had potential and I think it would've been better off as a two-parter, but that's just me. We got to see some Luna development which is a plus. Also, Princess Big Mac is canon.

Rating: 8/10

• Brohoof 1

I actually though it was going to be a surprise two-parter when there were less than five minutes left in the episode and the Tantabus was no closer to being defeated. Just imagine the number of people who would have lost their minds if this supposed single episode suddenly cut to "To be continued..." 

I thought that, too!

Shame it wasn´t what happened.

• Brohoof 1

What episodes would you say were bad?

That's not what this topic is about, but I'll tell you anyway. The worst ones were Slice of Life and Tanks For The Memories. Other episodes that are just bad and not terrible are Princess Spike and Party Pooped.

A lot of nice humor. The Barney parody is one of the funniest jokes in this entire show. After fighting the Changelings and enjoying it, this IS a nightmare! XD The Princess Big Mac joke may work for some, but it may also a bit too intrusive depending on your tastes.

But there are two problems.

1. The exposition is WAY too much. Show the audience, don't tell. And the audience doesn't need to be reminded of the Tantabus all the time.

2. The climax is incredibly rushed. It went from guilt to telling her to stop feeling guilty to not feeling guilty in about a minute. After so much chaos, the payoff is very anticlimactic.

In short, I'm not sure about this episode. I like plenty of the humor, but its really fast pace, exposition, and quick resolution hurt it.

• Brohoof 11

2. The climax is incredibly rushed. It went from guilt to telling her to stop feeling guilty to not feeling guilty in about a minute. After so much chaos, the payoff is very anticlimactic.

That was one of the things that bothered me, they literally defeated the monster in the last minute of the episode. But everything else about it was good.

• Brohoof 1

Okay. Good knowing I'm not the only one who thought that climax was a bit rushed. :lol:

No, you're not the only one. And this isnt the only show to that. Bufft the Vampire Slayer writers did that almost every episode. The entire hour was struggle, plan, struggle, search, struggle, fight, then in the last five minutes stake a vamp or do a magic spell. Definitely could have been a two parter. It was fast paced, but a small price to pay for a great story.

• Brohoof 2

That was totally AMAZING! It was so deep! (Not sure what the parents of three-year-olds who watch MLP will think, though.) I can totally relate to Luna's feelings. I too have done stuff that I've had a hard time forgiving myself for (I'm still not completely there yet), and I used to punish myself for it (except I punished myself by cutting and banging my head against stuff). This is my new favorite episode! Luna is best pony! They're about to stream it again on BronyTV. *switches tabs*

• Brohoof 2

I know how I'm voting for this episode when it goes up for polling. Besides what I mentioned before, I also loved how she set up beds with hers in her bedroom. Sleepover with Luna! Who wouldn't kill to get in on that?! Or, if not kill, then give ALL your money?  ^_^

(edited)

There's no doubt in my mind that if Cranky was in the dream, he would have gone Super Saiyan 3 :lol:

After seeing this episode, now I think it's Princess Luna who should be portrayed in the art of this soundtrack:

This was such a fun episode!

Edited by SunBurn

387592__safe_solo_big+macintosh_alicorn_

All hail princess Big Mac, whom by the power of the moon made himself canon 

This was a fun and random little ep with some feels at the end, nothing particularly ground breaking but nothing I found really disagreeable either, aside from the ending feeling a wee bit rushed. That Barney reference was priceless. 

• Brohoof 1

That was a brilliant Princess Luna episode! I was rooting for her and the Mane Six to save the day in Dreamland. It even had some great throwbacks as well such as Flutterbat and Power Ponies from season 4.

Also, Princess Big Mac is confirmed. Heh heh.

All in all, I loved this episode. But it's now time for us to take a break until what awaits us in the upcoming months.

(Where's Kirby when you need him?)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think I just dreamed I saw the best episode ever! If this dose'nt seal the deal that Luna is the best princess I don't know what will. I don't think any of the other princesses could have had as deep, or compelling story. And we thought "Bloom and Gloom" had Inception references! The call-backs! Power ponies! Flutterbat! Sir Spike! Rainbow Power! The not call back, dream wack! Lyra-Bon! Alicorn Princess Mac! Evil Angel! Giant Derpy!

The tantibus looked like Luna's tail. When she was chasing it, it was like she was chasing her own tail. Which, as it turns out, she was.

Edited by colt .45
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

in a nutshell, mindblowingly good!!!

I loved everything about this episode, especially the dream world

also

934856__safe_pinkie+pie_applejack_shippi

heh heh

Edited by Delzepp
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

If this dose'nt seal the deal that Luna is the best princess I don't know what will.

Umm, if anything, this episode sealed the deal that Big Macintosh is the best princess.

Edited by Manman20x6
  • Brohoof 4