Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Do you ever like a character but dislike the show/movie/anime or not into?

BritishBrony2012

(edited)

Do you ever like a character but dislike the show/movie/anime they from or not into? And which one?

I like Thunder, cat from movie called The House of Magic, not fun with the movie. Chi, Anime cat is one of my favorite anime characters but not much into the show much.

I loved Ty Lee from Avatar, but not fan of the show, even it good. Also loved Yuuoji Ouka, Karen Araragi and an anime girl but not fan of animes they from.

Edited by AdamBurt

For me? I personally like the Mayor John in the movie "Rango" even though the movie was pretty so-so for me but the display of this antagonist really get to me since he appear killing a hawk and defeat some lizard and appoint Rango as a new sheriff and said "whoever controls the water controls everything" and that's why i like him so much.

As much as I'm not a fan of Teen Titans, I will say that I found Raven to be enjoyable and interesting.

Colonel Miles Quaritch:

Stephen-Lang-Colonel-Miles-Quaritch-Avat

The movie that holds the dubious honor of being the very first time I walked out of a theater utterly pissed off. The only saving grace was this badass that the movie forgot to properly establish as villainous and evil, so it pretty much just assumed I would hate him and told me halfway through "this guy is the bad guy, you, the audience, are not supposed to like him!"

Uhhhh is that why you had him give an honest speech to those under his command, promise to fix the hero's handicap, and exhaust every possible solution before war, AND made him the most badass character in the film?!

Colonel Miles Quaritch:

sig-3940475.Stephen-Lang-Colonel-Miles-Q

The movie that holds the dubious honor of being the very first time I walked out of a theater utterly pissed off. The only saving grace was this badass that the movie forgot to properly establish as villainous and evil, so it pretty much just assumed I would hate him and told me halfway through "this guy is the bad guy, you, the audience, are not supposed to like him!"

Uhhhh is that why you had him give an honest speech to those under his command, promise to fix the hero's handicap, and exhaust every possible solution before war, AND made him the most badass character in the film?!

By "exhaust every possible solution before war", do you mean "completely ignored the option to GO AWAY and stop attempting to drive the inhabitants of the planet that he helped invade off of their ancient ancestral home?" 

I mean, it wasn't like this was Earth. This was legitimately the Na'vi's entire planet, the humans are nothing but the bad guys in this situation. 

A Certain Magical Index has some amazing characters like Accelerator and Touma, but I could never get into the plot :nom: A Certain Scientific Railgun was much more interesting.

• Brohoof 1

By "exhaust every possible solution before war", do you mean "completely ignored the option to GO AWAY and stop attempting to drive the inhabitants of the planet that he helped invade off of their ancient ancestral home?" 

I mean, it wasn't like this was Earth. This was legitimately the Na'vi's entire planet, the humans are nothing but the bad guys in this situation. 

No I mean, "sends an agent to peacefully remove the populace from a place that is sitting atop a resource they need, his agent doesn't contact him so he goes looking for him, he offers him one more chance to get them to move from Hometree, when he finally arrives, he sees bot his agent and a civilian scientist tied up. They OPEN FIRE on him! Yet instead of leveling the place, he uses non-lethal countermeasures, it's only when the canopy starts to get compromised which threatens the lives of his crew, does he command they return with lethal force."

The unobtanium by the way? RDA needed that to help save the Earth! By stopping Quaritch, Jake is legitimately taking a stand that Earth and humanity don't deserve to live anymore.

No I mean, "sends an agent to peacefully remove the populace from a place that is sitting atop a resource they need, his agent doesn't contact him so he goes looking for him, he offers him one more chance to get them to move from Hometree, when he finally arrives, he sees bot his agent and a civilian scientist tied up. They OPEN FIRE on him! Yet instead of leveling the place, he uses non-lethal countermeasures, it's only when the canopy starts to get compromised which threatens the lives of his crew, does he command they return with lethal force."

The unobtanium by the way? RDA needed that to help save the Earth! By stopping Quaritch, Jake is legitimately taking a stand that Earth and humanity don't deserve to live anymore.

Do Earth and humanity deserve to live at the expense of taking over another world against the wishes of their inhabitants? Again, this is not another group of humans on Earth, this is an entirely different planet, and humans just waltzed in and said, "we need your resources, this is our planet now. Kthx, bye. Lol."

Even if the Na'Vi were okay with the humans staying there, it's a PLANET. There has to be at least one single OTHER place to mine large amounts of unobtanium besides directly underneath one tribe's Hometree.

Basically, the humans in the person of Quatrich are saying that once they bled their homeworld of Earth of all it's energy resources, it's perfectly acceptable to do the same to another world whether or not that world's species wants you to. 

Between maybe altering the way we live on Earth because of an energy crisis, moving en masse to another uninhabited world, or even dying out slowly, and the alternative, perpetuating the survival of humanity by forcibly taking possession of an already inhabited world, I know which one I'd prefer. It would be the one that wouldn't taint the entire human race with the specter of piracy, murder, and theft. Yeah, Earth would survive, but what would it become? I'd rather die out as a species than resort to that kind of thing to survive. 

(edited)

Do Earth and humanity deserve to live at the expense of taking over another world against the wishes of their inhabitants? Again, this is not another group of humans on Earth, this is an entirely different planet, and humans just waltzed in and said, "we need your resources, this is our planet now. Kthx, bye. Lol."

Even if the Na'Vi were okay with the humans staying there, it's a PLANET. There has to be at least one single OTHER place to mine large amounts of unobtanium besides directly underneath one tribe's Hometree.

Basically, the humans in the person of Quatrich are saying that once they bled their homeworld of Earth of all it's energy resources, it's perfectly acceptable to do the same to another world whether or not that world's species wants you to. 

Between maybe altering the way we live on Earth because of an energy crisis, moving en masse to another uninhabited world, or even dying out slowly, and the alternative, perpetuating the survival of humanity by forcibly taking possession of an already inhabited world, I know which one I'd prefer. It would be the one that wouldn't taint the entire human race with the specter of piracy, murder, and theft. Yeah, Earth would survive, but what would it become? I'd rather die out as a species than resort to that kind of thing to survive. 

You're right about one thing, they could have mined elsewhere. (Also Pandora is, in fact, a moon not a planet. Not that it makes much practical difference, just pointing it out.) Of course, I call that a massive plot hole because it's not like someone brings up the possibility of mining the Unobtanium elsewhere, and Quaritch dismisses it because he wants a fight. No not even the supposedly moral scientist points out that there are plenty of places for the RDA to mine, no she's more concerned with saying how the "Marines are evil!"

Again it's not even like the mineral would be hard to find considering a high deposit of it is why mountains are floating in the sky!  :angry: 

The Na'vi also weren't as happy to have humanity as you put it. The first thing Jake sees off the ship is arrows embedded in tires as a vehicle rolls past him. Not to mention that later when Jake is lost, unarmed, has no idea he's being watched, and with his back to her, Neytiri, draws a bead on him! It's only literal divine intervention that keeps her from murdering him!

To bring this thread back to it's point. My problem is that this movie did not justify it's own conflict properly. I could buy a lot but that one species has to be portrayed as angelic and perfect and one as demonic rather than making a nuanced cry for peace when it was perfectly possible to write such a scenario is just too much. My problem is with the film as a whole and Quaritch was simply my saving grace upon viewing.

Edited by Steel Accord

-Darth Vader and Han-Solo (Star Wars)

-Ice King (Adventure Time)

-L (Death Note)

-Rock Lee and Gaara (Naruto)

-Jigsaw (Saw)

-Scar (The Lion King)

Ryuk from Death Note instantly springs to mind. I enjoyed Death Note early on, but by the 17th episode, I could not stand it anymore so I gave up on the show entirely. After I thought about it more, I actually despise that show. However, Ryuk was one of the only characters that I still enjoyed after thinking about it. Even though he seemed to exist to tell us stuff that we just saw, I still found him interesting because he was funny but always incredibly devious with his own plans. He was probably the reason I actually watched up to 17 episodes, without him I would have given up sooner.

Wasn't able to get into K-On, but I really like Ritsu and Azusa. The latter is more or less a personified version of my constant thoughts of "WHY DON'T THESE GIRLS EVER DO ANYTHING  :angry: ", but in the shape of a small and cute girl. I felt validated when she was introduced  :mellow:.