Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler If you were in Ponyville's dream, what would you become/do to stop The Tantabus?

DJShy

There is nothing you can do to "physically" stop the Tantabus in the dreamscape. The problem is the shared dream on itself and The HUB that controls it. 

Did anyone noticed that "bubble" around Luna?

If holding the shared dream was already stressfull for her; to the point she barely could close the "reality scars" [some bonus points to Rarity for being able to emulate that power with her unicorn sawing skills]; then why she would waste even more magic/focus in "protecting" herself?

(this is more evident if "everything will be lost" and she feeled guilty about it; there is no point in saving herself)

My headcannon is the Tantabus never actually escaped her mind [is a Tulpa of hers, it never had that power]; neither could "invade the real world" or other crap like that. It was just doing Luna a favor by forcing her to "face her fears" (deja vu to S3E06).

The more likely posibility if Luna could not get her epiphany would be her getting trapped (alongside Ponyville) in an eternal sleep/nightmare; with the Tantabus "taking over her" as ... Nightmare Moon... again [she has being training that thing over and over to do just that, to the point LunaDream!Twilight lampshades that at the coldstart of the episode].

I found suspicious Celestia not being involved (or at least consulted) at all about this; because even if she had "no power", at least she could be with her sister on "those last crucial moments". 

I would pilot Kuvira's gigantic mecha and fire gigantic blasts of spiritual energy to help fight the tantibus.

either that or I would become a spirit sized astral projection similar to what Korra became in the book 2 finale.

Go up to luna and tell her to stop being regretful without doing anything else  

for 2 reasons 

One- I already know why it's happening

Two- I know I can't stop it

*Notices everyone looking at him* What? Too meta?