Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Crystal Of Darkness

Skylord Nexus

Mezra was really glad that the meeting wasn't a trap for her, but a chance to go on another adventure! For dark relics in fact. Even though the princesses were pretty rude for princesses, she was still smiling under her hood. She slowly shuffled from behind the curtain and followed the others. But lagging behind a little not wanting to be spotted or get in anybodies way. 

She glanced at everyone she would be travailing with some griffons and ponies. Each seemed to be interesting in their own way that made then stand out. Which she normally liked when meeting new beings. But she was still feeling shy about talking to them. First impressions weren't really her strong suite

"My apologies, friend," Helvar said to the smaller pony, "I meant no offence to you."

He watched as the mare walked out, muttering to herself about a 'moon goddess'. Could she perhaps mean Princess Luna, the princess of the night?

He followed the others out of the hall, ears flicking as he heard hoofsteps from behind.

"I am guessing that you are also joining us, sneaky one?" He called, looking over his shoulder.

Mezra gave a light squeak when the stallion talked to her. She didn't think anyone would notice her much let alone talk to her. She pulled her hood over her face a little more as she started walking again. She gave a nod to answer the stallion without saying anything. Still not good with first impressions.

Helvard kept looking back at the hooded mare. She was certainly a shy one.

"You have no need to fear me, for now we are on the same side," he said to her, aiming a warm smile in her direction.

He slowed down for her to catch up. "I am Helvard Shatterhoof. And you are?"

Mezra poked her head out of her hood a little, mostly showing half her face, her horn and one of her large pitch black eyes. She looked at the stallion, noticing his warm smile. She calmed down and little and walked next to him. "M-Mezra, Mezra Umbra. N-nice to meet you." She said trying to be polite

Helvard kept up his smile as the mare's face revealed itself a bit more. Her horn and pitch black eyes were on display. They were like nothing he had ever seen before, but this mare seemed harmless. At least, for now.

"Well met, Mezra Umbra," He greeted, bowing his head to her, and walked alongside her, "I do not see many ponies with your features. Tell me what it is you do."

"W-well..." She looked off to the side a little, she was told what she did wasn't considered normal. But she didn't see a problem in telling others. "I'm a necromancer. I also like to study and learn magic that's considered dark or forbidden. And my eyes mark those who have gone mad at some point, so you wont see them a lot. Unless you know someone who has looked into the eyes of an Old One, were exposed to dark magic that involved madness or someone who stared into the sun for too long." She giggled, trying to brake the ice a little with some humor.

Helvard listened to Mezra's story, keeping as impartial a facial expression as possible upon hearing her profession. He was never too comfortable around unicorns, given his incredible weakness to magic. Dark magic users were especially unnerving.

Mezra, however, seemed rather civil, but he would see if she was trustworthy.

Upon hearing her little joke, he let out a hearty chuckle, and patted her shoulder with one of his large hooves.

"Aye, I know many a foal who has gotten too curious about the sun!"

Mezra smiled when the stallion laughed at her joke. She also calmed down a bit when he pat her shoulder. Most aren't usually this calm when they found out she's a necromancer and dark magic user. So it was pretty comforting. When the stallion pat her shoulder it seem to waken Lucy who was sleeping on her back. 

The un-dead rat crawled up to her other shoulder to see what was going on. When Mezra felt her moving around her ears flicked a little under hear hood, making her earrings jingle. "I almost forgot." He reached onto her shoulder and pulled her out. "This is Lucy, my best friend."

Helvard smiled back at the mare, and raised an eyebrow as he heard a jingling sound.

Mezra reached out a creature and introduced it as 'Lucy'. It appeared to be a rat, but it looked rather...ill. Yet despite its rather rough appearance, the creature behaved as if it was in perfect health.

Being a pony who enjoyed animals, he smiled to the creature. "Greetings Lucy."

Lucy looked at the large stallion while tilting her head a little. She then scurried up Mezra's arm, up her hood and onto her head. She then hopped onto the stallion, climbed up to his shoulder and gave him a nuzzled before cozying up into a little ball. Though she looked dead she didn't smell like it. Mezra giggled again. "I guess she likes you."

Helvard watched Lucy as she hopped onto his shoulder, and gave him an affectionate nuzzle before curling up on it.

"I have been told I am quite good with animals," He chuckled, gently petting the small creature with a hoof, "I must ask, though; why does she look so...sickly?"

"Well she's dead. I'm a necromancer remember. She was the first thing I resurrected. I also came up with a spell that wouldn't make her rot or smell.  It took a lot of studying though. Most of the stuff I learned was from this book." She said patting the large patchy spell book that was hanging on her side.

"I see," Helvard muttered with a nod, eyeing the book hanging on Mezra's side, "I have heard of such a book, containing forbidden spells and dark magic skills that any unicorn could use."

He glanced ahead, scowling lightly. "Such a power could be deadly if set in the wrong hooves."

He looked back down at the mare with a smile. "However, you seem like a good pony. Just be sure to stay that way, yes?"

"Oh don't worry. I place many curses on the book where only I can read it and if someone took it from me the book will feel like trying to lift a mountain. But I can let others read it if I want. If others want to learn I can't tell them what kind of magic to study. And I like to think that I am good. I don't hurt anyone, I don't want to rule the world or anything. 

I found the book in a cabin deep in the badlands when I was a filly. The pony who wrote it was aiming for world domination. But he died before he could. I was lucky enough ti find it before anyone else. Now I'm kind like its protector or guard. I also have the Necronomicon so we won't have to worry about others find it as well.

Though I think it's best no one ever read it,  I accidentally summoned an Old One and  I went mad after looking into it's eyes. But I was able to send it back to its dimension.  Though afterwards I thought I was a squirrel for five weeks. But after that I was fine." She giggled. Whenever she felt comfortable  talking to someone she become quite the chatter box.  

(edited)

Aurai started to walk down the stairs again. Helvard seemed to be busy with that other pony so now she had a chance to escape the social interactions. She didn't like to talk to others when she didn't know them that well. She looked back for a moment, seeing that everyone had walked out of the throne room....except that other griffon.

"Everyone else is already walking, should I tell them to wait? No, I shouldn't, I'm not the boss of them. However, what if that other griffon gets mad that we didn't wait for her. And she comes after me because I'm a griffon too. Oh dear. What do I do?" Aurai said talking to herself again.

Edited by Pucksterv

Awilix walked frst outside of the castel.She did not care for guards at the dore.She made few hoove steps before looking back at a dore and thinking "I should wait for others,if I whant to stop this imposter I should take her trust for now and play her litle game." Awilix looked at a sky and quaetly said to her self "Oh godess,whay did you pick my for this task..."

@,

Aurai walked behind the green pony who was talking to herself. "At least I'm not the only one." She thought to herself, not knowing if it was a good or a bad thing. "Hey there, Are you feeling a bit better? Or are you still upset because of princess Lu...moon goddess?"

(edited)

Awilix looked at Aurai,and after she finished Awilix tok a big breath and put smail on her face "Yes Im beter friend." Awilix turned around and faced Aurai face to face "So do you know annything about this so called mision that thos two imposters gave to us?"

Edited by Primordus

@@Gloomfury

Helvard listened intently to Mezra's story, smiling and hanging on every word. Her words indeed wove an interesting tale, and he respectably hung on every one.

He raised an eyebrow with curiosity at her last point.

"You say you were driven to madness?" He asked, a hint of concern in his voice, "I hope that is not a permanent change."

(edited)

@Primordus

"All I know is what they told us. We have to go to the crystal empire, retrieve some sort of relic without knowing what it looks like and then come back." Aurai said with a smile. "That's a I know so fare, but I got a feeling there is more to it." She said. "What do you think..uh..what is your name again?"

Edited by Pucksterv

Awilix smailed "Oh,my name?I almost forgot!My name is Awilix." Awilix looked much beter then before Aurai comed to her.Awilix started going around the griffon looking at Aurai wings "You know I never seen  griffon before friend,also I dont remember you told my your name?" Awilix voice got cherfull as she asked for a Aurai name.

"Uhm...my name is Aurai. Nice to meet you Awilix. It doesn't surprise me that you've never seen a griffon before. We're not very welcome here in Equestria. Well at least not in this time period." She said with a small smile on her face.

"Anyways, do you know how we are going to reach the Crystal Empire? I'm mean, we can't just walk the whole way. And not all of us can fly so."

"Litle walking never killed anny one." Awilix finished circle around Auria and again was in front of,looking her face to face.Awilix looked back at dore,waiting for others to get out,and with her look on dore she started "But some of thor creature in thet big room were fat,and I dont think they will love idea of walking,so probably we will go by train."

"There's a train? I thought that wasnt invented yet...I mean uh...I've never seen a train before I'm my entire life." Aurai said a bit nervous. Aurai sat down and looked at the great stairs where the others were still walking. "Lets wait for the other here, then we can walk to the train together."