Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Animal Crossing Master Thread

GiDvpMM.pngWelcome to The Animal Crossing Master Thread

Welcome, hello, and greetings! I made this thread for all things animal crossing related. The idea is simple: a hub for all of us on MLP forums to be able to share, trade, discuss and do all things Animal Crossing. I noticed no such thread existed prior to this, and that simply won't do. This is a game that is very community based and heavily reliant on having friends. So what better way to make friends than to check places you already frequent. So whether you have the game, or plan on getting it, this thread is for you!

Commonly Asked Questions:

What Is Animal Crossing?

Animal Crossing is a life simulation game made by Nintendo. It was first introduced to English speaking parts of the world with the Gamecube game back in 2002. Since then, there have been 3 other major installments on the DS, Wii and now the 3DS!

So this thread is all about New Leaf then, the newest installment on the 3DS?

Correct, however when the new spin off game "Happy Home Designer" comes out, depending on its level of multiplayer involvement, it may too be incorporated in some manner. However it does not appear as though that game is going to be very multiplayer heavy. However there is a Wii U title called Amiibo Festival coming out that is more or less a Mario Party spin off of Animal Crossing. We are not certain if it will support internet play yet, so when more news on that pops up, I'll update this thread accordingly

What if I play one of the older games? Can I still use this thread?

Yes, you can to discuss those games, however since the Wii and original DS wifi has been shut down for good, trading with the older games or visiting towns is literally impossible now. There are some people working on like a way to get Wii and DS games back online, but the community for those games is now very small if non-existent. Animal Crossing unfortunately is a series where you sort of need to stay current to get the full benefit of it. There is a way to trade with the gamecube games via sending codes back and forth though.

What can I do with this thread?

That is completely up to you! You can trade, discuss the game, send your villagers to other people, get signatures for petitions in your town, visit other towns, or whatever you like! The idea is to bring players closer together and grow the animal crossing community as this is a game that's a lot of fun when you have friends!

Where can I get the game?

The game will work on ALL 3DS and 2DS models, and is around $25-35 in shops these days depending on where you go. You can also get it on the eShop right off of your 3DS if you have an SD card large enough for it.

I have a European/Non-American version of the game, can I still play with people with different versions of the game?

Yup! All versions of the game are compatible with each other. In fact there are certain items you can only get by trading with other versions of the game.

Rules

I ask everyone to follow  certain level of etiquette when playing with other people. Remember these are real people and deserve respect! Treat them as you would like to be treated.

1. Do not attempt to damage other players towns, or property. This includes destroying flowers, chopping down trees, or otherwise engaging in conduct that they do not desire.
  2. Some people may use hacks or cheats. This is something you have to accept and deal with because not every item in the game can be acquired legitimately yet, and to get some items you need to cheat. Please note there is NO way to determine if an item was brought into the game through any kind of cheating. It is physically impossible to track this kind of thing.
  3. No scamming of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: taking items from other players towns without permission, not meeting your end of a trade, or anything that involves obtaining items or services from other players without giving them the agreed upon payment/trade value.
  4. You MUST follow all rules of MLP Forums. No exceptions.
  5. Please do NOT report people facetiously. Anyone caught falsely reporting anyone will be subject to being blacklisted as well. Please ONLY report people who are legitimately ruining the game experience for other players!
  6. Please be respectful of the other players!
  7. Do not offer any kind of cheating services, this includes glitching, duping, RAM editing, and anything else to try and manipulate the game. If you wish to engage in any of these things, please do so on another thread/site/via PMs. You do so at your own risk though! Forewarning: duping runs the risk of losing items, RAM editing runs the risk of save file corruption and glitching can lead to many various undesired results. YOU ENGAGE AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND I WILL NOT BE DOING ANYTHING TO HELP CHEATERS.
  8. Must adhere to all of Nintendo's Terms of service, obviously.

Reporting Cheaters/Rule Breakers/Anyone Playing in a Manner That is Intended to Reduce the Enjoyment of Other Players

Sadly, not everyone likes to play fair or nice. As much as I'd like to think we're all better than this, let's face it: this kind of thing is going to happen. However I wish to reduce the amount of people getting harmed by this kind of behavior. Please note, if a person has SEVERELY harmed you in a manner that is NOT GAME RELATED, please CONTACT THE SITE STAFF AND REPORT THEM. THIS IS ONLY FOR REPORTING PEOPLE FOR GAME RELATED THINGS, NOT SITE RELATED.

• If a player has scammed you, please post the agreed upon items, and as much detail of the scam as possible. Using the 3DS screenshot feature can help you significantly in helping prove a lot of these cases. You may PM myself with the details and I will take action from there. If it is a violation of the site rules, I will tell you to speak with the site staff.
  • Do not report people offering cheating services via PMs to me. All I will do about that is advise you not to use them and ignore said PMs.
  • DO NOT post violators on this thread. They deserve a chance to tell their side of the story before attempting to slander them. Anyone caught doing so will be reported to site staff. I do not want people trying to hurt other people's play experience just because they do not like them. Anything breaking the site rules once again: will be reported right away.
  • Please allow some time for me to look into it. I am only human and I am only online so many hours of a day. At some point I may appoint other people to take care of this stuff if necessary. I doubt we will have many issues though.
  • People are not going to be black listed on a first offense unless it's extreme.
  • Please make sure to get the person's friendcode and username on the site.

Blacklist

Below are a list of players who have played in a manner intended to damper other players experience and thus have been blacklisted with their friendcodes. You may still choose to engage with these players if you so choose, however consider this a warning that these players have chosen to harm other players experience. You choose to interact with them at your own risk!

• No one! Yay!

Trading

So, how do you trade on this thread? Well you can do so in any manner you like, but here is a good format for doing so. First of all, it's a good idea to make an account at MoriDB and create a list of items you are selling and a list you desire. This makes it easier for people to browse through your items and see what you have vs. what you want. It makes selling and buying a lot more streamlined and saves everyone a ton of time. However you are free to trade however you like. Just remember to offer fair trades to people. Don't expect insane prices for items that are very easy to acquire and do not lowball people for rare items. If you are unsure about an item look it up via the Animal Crossing Wiki.

Friend Code List

To make things easier on everyone, I have made this list for people to add their friendcodes so it's easier to find people who frequent this thread. If you want your friendcode added, simply post it with your town name or PM me and I'll add you to the list!

• Mist - 3840-6082-2301 Watatown

Resources

Below are a nice list of resources to help you with the game and are great tools for assisting in your experience! Try and check these resources BEFORE asking a question, please.

• MoriDB - An item database where you can display which items you wish to sell and which items you are currently seeking. It contains every item in the game.
  • Animal Crossing Wiki - More or less the wiki of all things Animal Crossing. There is a good chance that anything you need to know is here somewhere if you look for it.
  • Thonky's Animal Crossing Guide - One of the most definitive guides to Animal Crossing. Thonky's guide covers tons of the extras in the game and goes over almost everything there is to know about New Leaf from designing your face to the coffee shop!
  • Animal Crossing Trade Reddit - A great community to trade if you can't find what you're looking for here. Will require a Reddit account.

Kk_music_guitare.png

Happy crossing!

Wow, this thread has a lot put into it. :o It's pretty awesome. :3

As a start, I absolutely love Animal Crossing. :D Playing the first one on the GameCube many years ago is one of my most cherished gaming memories and I still play that game to this day. Walking around during the winter for the first time when I started the game was an amazing experience in how relaxing it was. This is definitely one of the most relaxing games out there. Then I got Wild World, played that a lot though there were some aspects I did not enjoy about it, like it's overall atmosphere compared to the first game and it's much slower feel. I never played City Folk for the Wii, now I have New Leaf for the 3DS and it is glorious. Been playing that since it came out over 2 years ago. :)

This is by far one of my favorite gaming series ever. I am not exactly social with it though for some reason, I always tend to play it alone. I'm kind of an anti-social Animal Crossing player. :P

Wow, this thread has a lot put into it. :o It's pretty awesome. :3

As a start, I absolutely love Animal Crossing. :D Playing the first one on the GameCube many years ago is one of my most cherished gaming memories and I still play that game to this day. Walking around during the winter for the first time when I started the game was an amazing experience in how relaxing it was. This is definitely one of the most relaxing games out there. Then I got Wild World, played that a lot though there were some aspects I did not enjoy about it, like it's overall atmosphere compared to the first game and it's much slower feel. I never played City Folk for the Wii, now I have New Leaf for the 3DS and it is glorious. Been playing that since it came out over 2 years ago. :)

This is by far one of my favorite gaming series ever. I am not exactly social with it though for some reason, I always tend to play it alone. I'm kind of an anti-social Animal Crossing player. :P

I actually got the first game as a mistake. My parents got it on the gamecube with a bunch of games. At the time I didn't even know what it was beyond the commercials which didn't really tell me a lot. My first question was "why does this game have its own memory card?" Little did I know, I would enter a simulation game like no other. One of the best features of the original game (that I still wish they would bring back) was that not only was it fun, but it had those built in NES games you could put in your house.

When I got Wild Worlds, that was probably the first game I played online extensively beyond Runescape (which ironically I won't even touch now). The online play was mad fun, and despite the amount of hacking, there was a big fun community. It was sad to see it go away because I loved that game so much.

I passed on City Folk mostly because at the time I wasn't as interested in the Wii. It was a great system, but my attention was drawn to the PS3 and Xbox 360. So I didn't get to experience City Folk when it was "current", though my wife owns it and I've seen her play it. I know a lot of fans didn't like City Folk as much, but it did have that cool thing where you could transfer your file from Wild Worlds to it (which effectively meant that hacking City Folk would probably have been pretty easy).

When I saw New Leaf was coming, I knew I had to get it. I literally bought a 3DS to play that game and I am so glad I did. New Leaf has improved upon everything that made the original games great!

I love Animal Crossing, I own the original for the Gamecube, the Wii version, and New Leaf.

What are some of your accomplishments in New Leaf?

(edited)

@Mist, building a lost and found, building a lot of different shops on main street, opening a coffee shop, and finishing most of the upgrades on my house.

Edited by MLPFanatic34

My mom plays New Leaf every day. x )  She's caught every type of fish in the game and likes to show me her inventory when it's filled with rare catches.  She's amassed millions of Bells (I believe she's well past 50 million at this point) and devoted hundreds of hours to the game.

• Brohoof 1

My mom plays New Leaf every day. x )  She's caught every type of fish in the game and likes to show me her inventory when it's filled with rare catches.  She's amassed millions of Bells (I believe she's well past 50 million at this point) and devoted hundreds of hours to the game.

Daaaaaaaaaamn. I was all super proud of being able to buy my first crown legit. D:

Don't feel bad.  I've borrowed Bells from my mom. xD  And she told me not to worry about paying her back.

I am getting by alright, selling a ton of stuff on reddit is getting me closer to my dream town. I am only like 4 more home expansions from being completely done. I should have my next one paid off this week.

I didn't expect a animal crossing thread here. If you guys are looking way to make fast money, all you need to do is do stalk market which is buying and selling turnips. Keep an eye on your turnip prices at every morning at the opening time which is 9AM PST (6AM PST if early bird), and 12PM PST. I'll let you guys know if I have the highest turnip price so i'll keep you guys updated. If you guys want to share your turnip prices here, you can do that, but be sure to label those prices as AM and PM prices.

here's how the turnip price analysis follow

1. Rollercoaster - the prices go up and down without any predictability of direction or amount. Prices can range anywhere from 30 bells to 199 bells (This is a guess for now as I have records that support rollercoaster prices as high as 180s). If your Monday AM price is higher than your Sunday price from Joan or it is higher than 100 bells, you are likely to experience a rollercoaster week.

2. Steady Decline - The price falls 1 - 9 bells each time & never increases all week. This week is impossible to determine before Thursday PM prices as this week looks exactly like a spiking week with the only difference being that a spiking week will start the spike on Thursday PM if not earlier in the week.

3. Spike - The price falls 1 - 9 bells each time until they start to rise. This rise can start as early as Monday AM (earlier than in previous games), so watching the prices is even more important at the beginning of each week. Normally there will be 3 rises in the price before the highest price (the spike) occurs. Spikes can be one of three types:

3a. Low Spike - the price after the first rise either doesn't go up much or it goes down. The price usually doesn't go over 200, but it is possible for it to get to just under 300. Sell on the 3rd price after the first rise. If the price rise starts on Thursday AM, sell on Friday PM. It is possible for the spike to happen on the 3rd rise as well which means it's possible if the first rise is on Thursday AM then your spike can be on Friday AM. There is also a 5-price low spike that will include two dips in the week - however those are very rare. Bottom Line: If your price is over 180 during a low spike week, that'll be the spike.

3b. Medium Spike - the price rises 3 times in a row. The high price will be somewhere between 300 & 500. Sell on the 2nd price after the rise starts. If the rise starts on Thursday AM, sell on Friday AM.

3c. High Spike - the price rises 3 times in a row. The high price will be at least 500. Sell on the 2nd price after the rise starts. If the rise starts on Thursday AM, sell on Friday AM.

The rollercoaster is ups and downs so keep that in mind. If you're unsure what your price is gonna be at the next day or so, use this to predict ahead of time

I love this game, especially New Leaf. Been playing it since release date in June 2013. Because it's for a portable device, I'm able to take it everywhere and make sure to visit the in-game shops each day for a chance to obtain a new item and also make sure I didn't miss the time ranges to catch certain bugs and fishes. Having to play the original and City Folk on a home console led to too many missed opporunities for me!

Here's what I've accomplished as of July 20, 2015:

• Paid off all my home loans. (Thank goodness in this game loans don't grow if you don't pay like in real life; in this game, you'll just be unable to expand your house until the debt is paid)
  • Caught every bug, fish, and deep-sea creature (donating the 1st of each to the museum; selling everyone thereafter; This is a goal that I never got to finish in earlier games) :D
  • Filled every Museum 1st room except for 2 last Art Works. Thanks Thonky.com
  • As a result of above, I got the golden net and rod. I also got the golden shovel and slingshot
  • Got all rewards for scoring the HHA points with my fairy-tale home.
  • All Museum Gift Shop Items (save for the Musemum model that'll be availabe after I completed the Works of Art wing)
  • All Stationary and K.K. Songs from Timmy and Tommy's
  • All Houseplants from Leif
  • All items that can be bought from Kicks
  • All Accessories, Umbrellas, and Headgear from Labelle (DLC Non-counted)

Since it's impossible to obtain every thing that appears in the catalog, the gold badge for catalog is given for completing 80% of the catalog instead of 100% like some of the other badges. I'm just going for that 80% badge and not worry too much about what I can't get through orders.

Every time I get an item that cannot be re-ordered from the catalog, I'd put it in one the Museum 2F exhibit rooms or in my house if it's fairy-tale themed. If it came in a letter, I would save it in the letter and leave it in storage at the post office. Here's a list of the un-reorderable stuff I've got and where I store them:

• Fossils, Insects, Fish & Deep-Sea, (can be viewed in Museum 1F)
  • HHA Awards (in Letters saved at Post Office)
  • Friend Pic (in Letter after they moved away)
  • Balloon Items (In Museum 2F Exhibit R1
  • All Fortune Cookie items (home 2nd floor and  Exhibit R2)
  • All Firework Day items (Exhibit R1)
  • Creepy Items (Exhibit R2)
  • Mush Items (Exhibit R3)
  • Wheat Bundle (Autumn Moon, Exhibit R3)
  • Sailboat model (Explorer’s Day, Exhibit R3)
  • Picnic Basket (Labor Day, Exhibit R3)
  • Fruit Basket (Harvest Festival, Exhibit R3)
  • Cool Globe (Earth Day, Exhibit R3)
  • Snowman Bingo items, Pave items, Festive Wreath(Exhibit R4)
  • Any Pascal items I may got (Exhibit R3)
  • Any Gracie items not at home are in Exhibit R3
  • Any Saharah wallpapers and carpets that cannot be reordered from the catalog (in any exhibit room)
I've had painstakingly made a list of items I've yet to take possession of and am currently using the HHA Showcase (Streetpass feature) to get my hands on items that (almost) never appear for sale in my town like "Green" and "Ranch" series. I've even found a few DLC items I've missed that I can still get through this feature. If it's an item that can't be reordered from the catalog, I can't order it from the Showcase either, so it saves time. Any items I cannot order that I still haven't obtained myself, I ignore those. 

I think that's enough for 1 post! There's more to say, but I'll put that in another post.

Gah, I need to play New Leaf more. :P Some of you have done so much and it makes me want to accomplish all of it. I just go on these really long breaks with the games at times and it makes me lose all sorts organization. I think my best accomplishments were in the first game where I payed off all of my loans, got all fossils and caught all fish types, that's about it and it is only for the first game. New Leaf I am doing pretty good, but those long gap breaks don't help me much. :P I do have around 2 million bells that keep earning me interesting in the bank which is kinda neat and I know I am very close to all fossil acquisitions but beyond that, I am still pretty standard on that game even after two years. X3

*goes to play New Leaf for about 5 hours* 

Well 2mil bells in savings isn't that bad, but the more money you put in your savings, the more rewards and interests you will get. I may suggest doing a stalk market if you can find someone who has a high turnip price. I have over 100m bells in savings thanks to the stalk market and seeking out high prices.

Speaking of Stalk Market, if you guys get a steady decline, don't worry about it. Sometimes you will get a spike in the process so keep an eye on your prices at your Re-Tail shop.

• Brohoof 1

Well 2mil bells in savings isn't that bad, but the more money you put in your savings, the more rewards and interests you will get. I may suggest doing a stalk market if you can find someone who has a high turnip price. I have over 100m bells in savings thanks to the stalk market and seeking out high prices.

Speaking of Stalk Market, if you guys get a steady decline, don't worry about it. Sometimes you will get a spike in the process so keep an eye on your prices at your Re-Tail shop.

Oh wow. :o That is a lot of bells. I had no idea that the turnip market could be so profitable in those games, I actually have never even tried it. :P Fishing has always been my main source of income for the games.

Well Fishing is a good way to make money if you can't do stalk market although you won't get much as usual than the Stalk Market offers. If you're doing fishing, then I may suggest selling Red snappers, Barred Knifejaws, sharks (yes all types of sharks), coelacanths, and ocean sunfish.

The Stalk Market is the only way to make fast money and not only you'll make fast money, but getting the stalk market badge too. the way i made 100m was that I loaded my storage and basement with turnips and then look for a high turnip price and then bring'em all to the town and sell them. The catch is that I have to ask if the people who has high turnip price are willing to time travel back to maintain the price or not.

Early Bird and Night owl will give time extensions to the turnip price which is 6hr time extension for the AM price if you're using early bird and 12hr time extension for the PM price if you're using night owl. Using Rich town ordinance will not affect the turnip prices.

Get this:

In my town of Willage where I'm the Mayor, I have a male horse villager named Ed living next door to me. First thing you should know is that you can have good or bad fortune in health, wealth, items, friendship and love. Friendship is between same-sex villagers as you; love is between opposite-sex as you. You can't get married (or die, for that matter) in this game, but I'm so close to Ed as possible.

I have such a very high friendship with Ed, he's been sending me letters. The letters are intended to be written gender-neutrally, but I couldn't help but treat them like love letters. :wub:  He's practically my in-game boyfriend.

Also, advice for fishing and catching bugs for profits: Once you unlock the island. Go to the island between 5p.m.-8a.m. It's always summer on the island all-year round so very high-profit (I'm thinking anything that gets you 3,000 bells an item) bugs and fishes appear at night  and early morning between those hours, especially the fishes that are so big that their fin sticks out of the water. You can bring 40 items back to the mainland using the drop-off box in the gift shop on the island and the pick-up box on the dock. I don't do it much anymore, but in doing so, every trip of selling 40 high-sell price bug and fish has gotten me at least 100,000 Bells meaning I've needed to make deposits into the bank (due to carrying up to 99,999 Bells in your wallets plus how much pocket space you have) very often. 

• 3 months later...

Thought I might revive this thread. I only picked up New Leaf two weeks ago, but I find it to be a really fun game. It's humble, it has replay value and it's simply cute. I do hope to keep up with this thread, however. This is my first Animal Crossing, so I have plenty of questions. x)

One thing that I'm thinking of is what should I do when a villager repeatedly asks me that they want to move out? One of mine has done this twice now, but should I let them move out, or are they worth sticking around? Might be worth saying that they're not hostile towards any of my other villagers.

Edited by Officer Wet Blanket

I've been playing a lot of Animal Crossing lately! I'm really loving New Leaf, and if anyone wants to visit my town using the Dream Suite, then the name is Wolftown! It's nothing too special, I will say, but I quite like the designs I imported using QR codes, which are available to save yourself. Anyway, I'll add more information, like my dream address, dream villagers, and friend code, so you can visit my town I real time! I'll have to keep this thread in mind.

I've also been enjoying Happy Home Designer. It's really addictive :o But yeah, it's really great! I'm so glad I got it after all. :)

Thought I might revive this thread. I only picked up New Leaf two weeks ago, but I find it to be a really fun game. It's humble, it has replay value and it's simply cute. I do hope to keep up with this thread, however. This is my first Animal Crossing, so I have plenty of questions. x)

One thing that I'm thinking of is what should I do when a villager repeatedly asks me that they want to move out? One of mine has done this twice now, but should I let them move out, or are they worth sticking around? Might be worth saying that they're not hostile towards any of my other villagers.

Villagers moving (or asking) is completely random! I've noticed that my oldest villagers tend to ask more often though.

I got New Leaf the day it came out, but have restarted quite a few times. I was so obsessed with it that I had three copies at one point! I've been playing since Wild World, and I absolutely adore this game! I'm hoping to get Happy Home Designer sometime soon!

Glad to have you on board!

And in New Leaf if a villager keeps asking to move out, it may mean you should take better care of your town. A way to do this is plant more flowers, water dying flowers and plant more fruits.

Any other questions you have?

I've also been enjoying Happy Home Designer. It's really addictive But yeah, it's really great! I'm so glad I got it after all.

My wife got it and she is loving it.