Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you Cook?

Can you Cook?  

104 users have voted

1. 1. Can you Cook?

• Yes! I'm excellent at it
    • I'm okay, not great, but not terrible
    • I could survive if left alone for a week, but I wouldn't be eating amazingly...
    • No one cooking tonight? Ramen noodles, I suppose...
    • I burn water

When I was younger, my parents were never home to make food for us, and my brother is quite finicky, so I grew up cooking for him. Especially, because you have to put the food directly under his nose for him to realize it's there. From that my culinary talents have grown into a respectable love of cooking, so long as someone else washes the dishes. 98% of the time it tastes good, too!

• Brohoof 1

When I was younger, my parents were never home to make food for us, and my brother is quite finicky, so I grew up cooking for him. Especially, because you have to put the food directly under his nose for him to realize it's there. From that my culinary talents have grown into a respectable love of cooking, so long as someone else washes the dishes. 98% of the time it tastes good, too!

Oh god, the whole stand off on who ends up cleaning the dishes. Sometimes that battle would last almost a week until there was literally no items left to use for any kind of cooking.

I'm alright a cooking, I'm happy to cook for myself but I'm not confident enough in my skill to cook for other people, while I can cook alright, I tend to just eat microwave meals as it's cheaper and easier :P

Recipe? I would very much like to try this sweet and spicy sauce. .3.

It's extremely basic. It's essentially a pound of brown sugar, half a cup of melted butter and between 1-2 cups of hot sauce of your choice. You combine the ingredients and simmer on low heat until the sauce changes colour and thickens. It makes for a very sweet sauce and the choice and amount of hot sauce decides how much kick it has.

Just as a side note, the recipe isn't my own creation. I was making myself some wings for supper and wanted better seasoning to put on them than the awful package that came with it. I can't remember which hot sauce I used... It wouldn't have been too crazy.

Kind of patting myself on the back here, but I am a pretty good cook. Not professional or anything, but I cook all the meals for my family. Although when I move out, I can probably say goodbye to home-cooked taco casserole and say hello to years of ramen.

I'm an alright cook, I try things out too much though. Sometimes it can taste gross :P

As long as i have a good idea of what I'm making, I do okay. If not, bleh x3

• Brohoof 1

Eh, kinda... I cooked a bit when I was younger but I don't remember much of it.

I can cook scrambled eggs and some sauces, but to cook something else I need the recipe.

I learned to cook from working in care. I could follow a recipe before but I really started to shine after finding work. I seem to have a very logical, scientific mind and I really got into understanding food and understanding the functions and purposes of all the ingrediants and the so-called rules of cooking. Once you really understand a recipe and understand why certain things are done the way they are then you can go through life without needing a recipe ever again.

Sure can, but I opt not to in favor of buying instant foods, like top ramen and canned ravioli.

My mother taught me to cook from a young age, and throughout the years I'd say I've improved. My fiancé either undercooks or burns everything he makes, so I'm the food source in the house.  :lol:

Baking is my personal favorite, and something I'm very good at (not trying to brag!) 

I seriously cannot cook... All I can cook is ready meals and pasta. That's it. Other things, I'm clueless about.

I know how to use the Microwave and the stove. But, I have never ever cooked. I am like the only person who actually ended up burning 2bowls.HAT'S RIGHT folks 2 BOWLS of Easy MAC Macaroni and Cheese

Long story, but, lesson learned, When you are just waking up at 10:00 PM, and you are sooo hungry, but, too late to order a Pizza or something, wait for your eyes to adjust ,so you can read instructions, it took me 10 minutes, to read a specific instruction that I hadn't read before. I forgot to add water. It's such a small instruction, and I never even saw it .

Stuff I can make:

• Spaghetti and Prego sauce
  • Mac and cheese (with sharp cheddar Velveeta)
  • Guacamole
  • (if I have a good blender) Jamba Juice blends.
  • Minute Rice
  • Burgers (even though I'm trying to stay away from red meats)
  • Fish (when my brother isn't home)
  • Grilled Cheese
  • Pizza (nothing fantastic but what do you get from Pillsbury Pizza Dough?)

If I had the proper cutlery I can do better.

Do I have the patience to make these things? Yes. Do I just want to go out every day to have someone else make the food for me? Yes. Do I have the patience to make something big for more than 10 people? No. Would I ever want to learn how to make something to for more than 10 people? No. Would I make something for my future SO? Most definitely yes.

I can cook, and for what other said about it, pretty well! But sadly is not something i do everyday, is more quick to make some pasta or buy something done : (