Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you Cook?

Can you Cook?  

104 users have voted

1. 1. Can you Cook?

• Yes! I'm excellent at it
    • I'm okay, not great, but not terrible
    • I could survive if left alone for a week, but I wouldn't be eating amazingly...
    • No one cooking tonight? Ramen noodles, I suppose...
    • I burn water

I like to think I'm not a terrible cook, but I'm not quite sure how many others would agree with me. :P

In most cases though I only trust myself to cook simpler stuff. Anything that requires quite a bit of preparation time and large amounts of your attention probably isn't going to be a 5 star meal when it's been cooked by me.

...in fact it would be lucky if it's edible...

Does microwaveable food count? Eh...probably doesn't. :P That is the most I can cook, stuff that can be microwaved and that it the majority of what I eat in terms of meals. Things like canned soup, beef stew, stuff like that I can cook maybe in a pot as well but that's the extent of it. My cooking is bleh. :P

I love that Pasta seems to be the go-to thing for people who can't cook to make. Myself, I can count the number of things I can cook on one hand, which includes pasta, frying an egg and making Mac'N'Cheese.  

(edited)

I can't cook, but wanna learn. I can basically warm up frozen food in the oven. But not like meals or anything. Well... i can but i can't make gravy or stuff to go with potatoes and meat. Which i am gonna try more. Well maybe its because i havent tried, but maybe i would struggle more with other stuff like chocolate cake since i dont make so much of it.

Edited by Finia

Cooking is fine with me but I would most probably eat out more as I find it a little hard to decide what to prepare and researching carefully on how to make it. I can handle frozen food and also pre-made sauces but when making something completely from raw ingredients and I think I would be struggling.

From intuition, I can make simple meals (egg-based things, fried meat/fish, salads, etc.), but I can make anything that comes with clear and precise instructions. I often work with hazardous chemicals, so I get a little antsy if I'm not following instructions, like the cake I'm baking is going to burst and give me third-degree chemical burns.

No, I seriously can not cook at all. Nor can I bake. I rely on snacks, restaurants, and microwavable food for meals!

• Brohoof 2

No, I seriously can not cook at all. Nor can I bake. I rely on snacks, restaurants, and microwavable food for meals!

Sometimes it's not even a matter of "can I cook", it's a matter of "we have nothing to cook with".

I can cook pretty well, but I'm usually too lazy to cook ^^;

My mom is super good at cooking (she even ran a restaurant back in Beijing ^^ ), and she taught me how to cook fried rice, 牛肉餡餅, pizza, and lots of other things ^^

• 3 weeks later...

I used to cook pretty often a few years back- whether what I cooked was any good or not, I'm not entirely sure :P - but I haven't done so for a long time now... I could probably live off what I make if I had a go at it again, but it wouldn't be anything special. x3