Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you Cook?

Can you Cook?  

104 users have voted

1. 1. Can you Cook?

• Yes! I'm excellent at it
    • I'm okay, not great, but not terrible
    • I could survive if left alone for a week, but I wouldn't be eating amazingly...
    • No one cooking tonight? Ramen noodles, I suppose...
    • I burn water

"I burn water" :D

lol yeah. So, I can't cook worth shit. A lot of it is because of a slightly bad experience as a child. My mom told me not to touch the stove when it was hot, and I didn't listen to her. I got burned a little. It wasn't bad, but it was enough to scar me into knowing the stove isn't a play thing, and that I will get burned. The idea of that scares me I guess.

I can't cook  AT ALL

Microwavables and Frozen Pizza, ahoy!

Don't feel bad. My brother in law is 27, owns his own house and has a great paying job and still relies on fast food and microwave food. I myself can cook a little bit, but if my wife didn't give me tips and advice every time I pick up a pan I would be in the same boat as you and him. It helps a lot when you have someone always around who can cook.

A lot of my male friends claim cooking is for women. Well, that is until they try my food. :please:

Pretty Ironic seeing as some of the world's top chefs are male.

Cooking is one of my hobbies and a passion, I love sharing food with others. Some people like drawing, sports etc. A lousy skill to have sometimes, but it can make the day much more enjoyable for you and others sharing great stuff! I would not seem like the guy to cook. But anyway.
Though, nothing beats an ordinary take-out pizza shared with friends!

I can, but I wouldn't call myself 'Amazing' so it doesn't seem like I'm bragging. :) My parents are normally at work and due to my older sister can't cook I'm normally the one who's making all the meals.

• 4 years later...

I always help my mom with cooking so yes. I’m not great enough to become a pro chef but  good enough that the food is edible and good. But I enjoy baking and bbq more. 

On 7/14/2015 at 9:34 PM, Thuja said:

I used to like to bake, when I had actual counter space.  Now that I'm living with my mother again, I can't seem to find my favourite non-stick pan D:...  I like to make baked mac-n-cheese when I can or make these really good buns with shredded, grilled BBQ chicken in it(it's basically like the meat buns you'd find at a Chinese bakery).  The only thing I miss about my old place of residence was the fact that there were two grocery stores in walking distance so I could get some pretty good stuff immediately, now though, the best grocery stores are an hour drive away...

Ah poor baby me, you've gone through a lot culinary-wise, haven't you?

Anyways, I'm much more confident in my cooking, the only thing I don't really have access to is a barbeque.  I wouldn't call myself an expert but I tend not to shy away from trying something new, so long as I can afford it.  I still have very little counter space where I live currently but I use part of my dinner table to knead dough since I never really have any guests over so I don't have to worry about it too much.  Making my own bread has been a life-saver for me since sometimes the only things I can afford to eat are a bowl of soup and some bread.  Besides, a bag of flour that'll last me for a few weeks is less than a bag of bread that'll only last for a few days.  I might not be able to make any fancy breads but a regular loaf of bread or two gets the job done.

Oh and...  I still have my favourite non-stick pan ;) 

I'd say I'm better than the average person at cooking. I definitely didn't get that from my dad. His cooking is worse than the food at my old high school :eww: Michelle Obama ruined school lunches and that's a fact. I'm still upset about that even though I graduated a year and a half ago.

Anyway, that's off-topic. When I was younger I really loved watching shows like Chopped, and even now I still watch Gordon Ramsay's videos every now and then. Once I'm living on my own I definitely won't be eating poorly.