Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the Tantabus was replaced by Freddy Krueger?

KillerKingBakudan

Instead of escaping to other dreams, the Tantabus simply swaps universes with Freddy. Freddy is fascinated so much by all these talking ponies that he decides to mutilate them like the kids at Elm Street.

After failing to contain Freddy in their own dreams, the Mane Six (or whoever's left) unknowingly make him more powerful by talking about him to all the residents in Ponyville and spreading the fear. This prompts Luna to create a shared dream. The plan is to have every pony fight Freddy with everything their imaginations will allow.

Can they actually beat him, or would they just end up getting slaughtered?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Freddy Krueger would have probably killed some of the residents of Ponyville like he did to his victims in the Nightmare on Elm Street series with his metal clawed gloves. He would also cause fans of the characters he killed to be upset. Won't you see me being sad if Freddy killed Sweetie Belle.

Edited by superdogz1999

(edited)

Interesting concept.

If Freddy was in their dreams (or nightmares in this case), I'd imagine that the ponies could only have so many chances to stay alive while unconscious. Their next dream could potentially be their last...

Edited by Blackened

I haven't seen the episode you're talking about but if freddy got into ponyville I'm pretty sure they'd be fucked. A Nightmare on Sugarcube Street.

I immediately thought of Nightmare on Elm Street when I saw the premise of the episode.

But why have Freddy Krueger when you could have Scary Terry?

01-terry.gif?w=650

They should have had a cameo by Scary Terry in the big shared dream scene.

They could not do that due to this being a kid's show.

This sort of thing is better off left to fan made stuff.

They could not do that due to this being a kid's show.

This sort of thing is better off left to fan made stuff.

Damn. And all this time, I thought I was watching an R-Rated show on adult swim. Why didn't I think about that?

• 3 years later...

Lots of slaughter and mayhem although who and what he kills is subjective would he attempt to kill the main 6 or will he stick to background characters it's quite the conundrum 

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I believe Freddy is far weaker than the Tantabus. Princess Luna would actually be able to take him down on her own. She could do one of two things:

1. Face Freddy in the dream world.

The thing about this is that Freddy is powered by fear, Luna would see Freddy as just another nightmare, which is her job to get rid of. This means that Luna would not be afraid of Freddy and thus easily be able to defeat him.

2. Pull Freddy out of the dream world.

Luna could easily do this. Once Luna brings Freddy into the waking world, a simple blast of magic would do the trick.

To conclude, Freddy would be absolutely obliterated.

Extremely powerful magical being > Some burnt dude who gets beaten by some teenagers

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

(edited)
On 7/19/2015 at 1:03 PM, Kerberossz said:

Really? Freddy doesn't even have a chance against Pinkie.

Heh... this came up in an interactive story I did last year. It was a mishmash of villains in Equestria ala a Kindgom Hearts thingy. Funnily I only alluded to Freddy existing in that multiverse and had no intention of actually bringing him into the story until EVERY other Villain inevitably ended up running away screaming like a child after encountering Pinkie. So Freddie got introduced as a necessary equalizer.

Fortunately for Equestria, he was being kept on a tight leash, serving a more powerful entity so he had to play by its rules. But that didn't come into play until after Cheerilee ALMOST got fatally wounded right in the middle class for the sake of getting a good dose of fear energy. Random notes from that story. Luna DID go into the dreamworld to stop Freddie from terrorizing Canterlot one night, and eerily the method in which she did it was identical to the Tantabus episode when she linked with the Mane 6; an episode I hadn't even seen yet. Equestria was a mess though because even though they logically had the power to fight the villains, they kept to the shadows, constantly moving around guerilla-style, and nopony could locate them. Bear in mind, this also happened in the middle of S1-E1/2, which is a very different scenario than if it had occurred months or years later. Luna was just back from the moon, the Mane 6 had almost no idea what they were doing, etc.

Freddy vs. Pinkie? It was an even match. Freddy slashed her, she went into one of her rare scary rage modes after a moment of bawling from the shock. If they'd kept fighting, I suspect that would've gone on forever. Just because it was funny though, and a little bit because for some reason this actually made sense in my twisted mind, Freddie actually started liking Pinkie (non-romantically) and saw her as something that was much more entertaining if she wasn't dead.

I have little doubt that the Tantabus was inspired by Freddy. It seems to follow the rules put down in the films about how he gains enough power in dreams to eventually manifest himself in the waking world. The idea of Ponyville using their imaginations to fight back the monster is also very reminiscent of the Nightmare on Elm St. "Dream Warriors" film.

And just because... the ponified Freddy I threw together for that story.

fredPonyNew.jpg

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

Freddy.... Krueger? The man who can kill people in their sleep by killing them in their dreams? And you want the ponies to encounter him?

You MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONSTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...