Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(AU) What would have happened if Sunset Shimmer was originally human?

SolyWack

So I just had this crazy thought. What if Sunset Shimmer was originally a human? (If you read past the parenthesis in the title you'd know this) Hear me out here. I'm not talking about the already human Sunset Shimmer, i'm saying if our Sunset Shimmer was actually human.

Explanation time:

I hope your confused now because this will be mind-blowing. What would have happened if Sunset Shimmer had the same big ambitions, willingness to backstab, lie, and trick her way to the top as the original pony Sunset, but instead was born a human, NOT a pony. She found the mirror portal by accident (or maybe she figured it out, doesn't really matter how, just that she did).

Think about it before posting "nothing would happen". Sunset Shimmer, a pony who knew nothing about humans, their culture, or anything really, went into the Human world and was able to climb her way to the top of the CHS hierarchy within a year of her entering. She is obviously very adaptable and resourceful, so she would be far from lost if those positions were reversed.

Just look how much Twilight struggled at first compared to Sunset. Sunset Shimmer learned how to be a human, and climbed to the top by herself. Twilight didn't know how to walk on two legs when she entered the portal, and she needed help from 5 (clearly popular) people within CHS to help her become Prom que... I mean fall formal princess.

Sunset was able to turn the mane 5 against one another fairly quickly (as she did it while they were freshmen). She didn't even know they were elements of harmony, yet she saw their potential and alienated them anyway, a skill rivaling Celestia herself. What if this AU Sunset wrecked this same havoc in Ponyville, or what if she interacted with Pony Sunset already there (this is getting pretty meta now).

What do you guys think would have happened in this Alternate Universe? Would it have been far less damaging, about the same, or catastrophic?

• Brohoof 2

If she was originally a human she would have never been Celestia's pupil and seen the mirror which gave her the idea to enter into the other world.

Oh, but you see, I already debunked your debunking, i said that she had the same ambition, trickery, deciet and what not that Original Pony Sunset had, and she accidentaly found the portal, thus checking out all the points, yet not requiring being Celestia's pupil.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah but then how when she went through be so good with magic.

2 reasons:

1) she doesnt need to be good at magic, mind over matter. She could use her wits to help her.

2) She is obviously very adaptable and resourseful (like i said in the OP). So whats to stop her from just learning magic in a year or two?

• Brohoof 1

If Sunset was a human from the beginning she would not have been damaging as the original character. She probably would have been only one of several school bullies.