Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twitter: Do You Use it? What for?

Doctor XFizzle

I have a Twitter account and I use it primarily for breaking sports news, getting insight into an athlete's life that they're willing to share, and following Las Vegas hotels for special room rates and deals :P .

I follow every well-known Detroit sports beat writer and radio personality along with the teams' official Twitter accounts as well for ticket deals or promotional things. I also follow national sports journalists who are among the best at their sport, like Bill Simmons for NBA, Jay Glazer/Adam Schefter/Chris Mortensen for NFL, Bob McKenzie for NHL, etc. I follow athletes from Detroit teams and University of Michigan teams who have an account also to see if they post their thoughts or if they reach out to the fans in some way.

So do you have a Twitter account? What's your main purpose for using it? And who do you follow?

(edited)

I have a skype account, but I never use it. Lol. Maybe I should use it for ponies ? :P

You mean Twitter? ;) Well, EQD has a Twitter that links to every new blog post. A lot of the pony musicians have one. Mane6 Dev Team has one that sends out updates about the MLP: Fighting is Magic, so it might be worth your time lol.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

You mean Twitter? ;) Well, EQD has a Twitter that links to every new blog post. A lot of the pony musicians have one. Mane6 Dev Team has one that sends out updates about the MLP: Fighting is Magic, so it might be worth your time lol.

Lmao xDDD

I don't even know why I said Skype... that is too funny. Lol XD

I don't have one, I don't really care about Twitter.

Average tweet, "OMG, just took a big motherfucking shit!"

I have one, but I rarely use it...I sometimes use it to enter competitions, that's how I got my keyboard!

Oh and twitter shout outs with ghost of course!

Edited by Flare^99999999999

I've noticed teens are flocking to Twitter too. When there's nothing newsworthy happening or there isn't some big sporting event, things like Justin Bieber, One Direction, Big Time Rush, and other teen things trend nationwide. Bieber fans appear to be super annoying and they start flame wars with other fanbases.

Never found the idea of microblogging interesting. Also a reason why I don't visit 4chan, the sole fact that most of it just a one sentence reply makes it boring to me.

I have a twitter account but I can't remember who I'm following or what my password is... I didn't use it much anyway. :P

Edited by kaborer

I have a Twitter account, I used to use all the time. It was mostly just for me to let my fanboy spells out when I was in love with Becky. Now I just use it log in the forums with and other things. You won't believe the kind of tweets I used to post...

I use it for occasion random thoughts that go through my mind and to see what my friends are up to. Although Facebook also mostly fulfills that function. So I don't use it all that often. I'm more of an elaborate person when it comes to talking about my feelings, and tend to use Livejournal for extensive feelings entries.

I have twitter, and I used to use it to follow YouTubers, since many of them post their videos there in advance as unlisted videos. Right now I don't use it for much... I have never used it to follow anyone I personally know, because Facebook is more popular than Twitter where I live. Also I followed online science newsletters, because they had a lot of interesting posts ^_^ .

Edited by Acleps

I have a Twitter account. It's on my profile. I don't really follow anyone (except Tara Strong, because she's Twilightlicious B) ). I use it mainly for posting anything and everything from random quotes to eBay listings.