Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Caramel and Diamond [1x1]

Pucksterv

(edited)

Link to OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/133257-caramel-and-diamond-1x1-ooc/

As usual Caramel was hanging around one of her favourite bars. She was only there for half-hour and she was already standing on the table, it had to be a record. She was singing old pirate songs with strangers while holding a cup of cider in one of her hoofs. The sun was just setting and Caramel was already drunk of her flank. She jumped off the table, cheers and laughter filling with the bar. Caramel walked to the bar and ordered herself another, seeing that she spilled half of her other drink during one of her favourite songs. "I'll have a double rum scotch on the rocks." Caramel said with a smile. The bartender quickly made her drink "Here ye go captain." The bartender said, smiling back nervously. 

Caramel walked back to her table, pushing anypony that walk in her. She greeted some of her friends before climing back up on the table. "So who is up for another round?" Caramel yelled with cheer. "Drinks are one me tonight everypony!" Everypony inside the bar cheered ''Aye, Aye Captain!''

Edited by Magos Amphrose
Initial OoC in initial RP post

Everypony inside the bar applauded the captain and, starting with one, the word 'sing' became louder as more and more ponies repeated it. Things were keeping fine untill somepony went outside to get a breather and returned faster than anypony would've deemed normal for a breather. He looked slightly panicked and exclaimed; "EVERYPONY, STOP! THE CAPTAIN OF THE ROYAL GUARD IS COMING!, THE RUSTSCYTHE". Nearly everypony fell quiet when hearing it and the rest soon followed, some of the ponies quickly ran for the door while others, that had been gathering around the table where Captain Caramel had been standing on, quickly scattered and tried to find a table to look as if nothing was amiss. Some really drunk ponies still bandied about and giggled, improperly reacting to the coming of the captain.

"lmagine this, gha! l get my vacation and some pony decides to cut margins again, some fair world we live in!" the green pegasus thought. He was walking his usual route towards the central of Canterlot and took a sideturn to go down an alley and find a somehat less grande district square with a few restaurants and the still-existing black market underground. He had his eyes set on a rather well-known pub in this area and thought; "l really need that drink, pones are skinning me alive here!". He saw a pony come outside and quickly walk inside again, but thought nothing of it and simply walked towards the entrance to a, in his assunption, reasonably normal pub. He opened the door and set hoof inside, neing greeted by a near-deathly silence...

"I aint scared of the captain of the royal guard!" Caramel yelled loudly, seeing everyone scattered away back to their tables. "There is only one true captain of Equestria and that is me." she said as she jumped of the table, looking at the pony who had entered the pub. "Royal guards with their fancy armor and so called weapons." she said as she started walking towards the guard. "You there, this is my pub mate. Ye better get lost.  Ye making everypony boring. Look at this lot, hiding from ye. Bunch of losers. We were having fun until ye arrvived." she said as she was now standing in front of him. Face to face.

All the ponies were now hiding behind there tables. Their eyes showed fear. ''Doesn't Caramel know who she's talking to?'' Someone whispered. "She's crazy" another said. ''Or maybe she is as good as she says." the first one whispered. ''She doesn't know fear, that's what it is.'' someone else whispered. Caramel glanced at the ponies for a second, causing them to hold their tongue. She then turned back to face the guard. "Well?"

Rustscythe scanned the face of the mare, she had determination and lots of it, that much was clear from how she had adressed him. He was sure he had seen her somewhere, but it didn't come to mind. You would think that a presence like this one in front of him was hard to forget, but then again, Diamond Rustscythe was a very busy colt. What he had also gathered from her words was that she was used to live a free life. He made an analysis in his head to try and solve this awkward situation; "So, how to deal with this 'captain' here, it is obvious that l cannot boss her around or intimidate her that easily. Maybe l can talk with her and make her see that l am not an enemy. Some bribery might work, Cantercoult, who wouldn't want to try the exquisite taste of the best drink in Equestria? 

Diamond Rustscythe smiled at the mare in front of him. "First of all, attitude, just here for a drink. Secondly, that which you ask for has a long story to it. Maybe l can tell you that story over a few bottles of Canterlot's finest drink; Cantercoult Premium, just...as a nice offer. You seem like the type that knows what she's doing, l like that". He kept looking at her, not betraying any emotion, whatsoever.

(edited)

Caramel's serious face turned into a smile. "Well why didn't ye say so immediately? Welcome my friend!" She said as she put a hoof around him. She looked around the room. The ponies looked at her like she was crazy.

"What are you lot looking at? Get yer flanks out of yer chairs, get back to cheering, laughing and drinking too much so ye won't remember it the next morning. We have a guest! Show yer good side everypony." Caramel said while raising her drink. "Aye, aye captain!" Most of them cheered. Some of them were still quiet, looking at Diamond with still fear in their eyes. Music started to play again, the room slowly filled with laughter and chat, making it feel like home again.

Caramel walked to the bar, putting down her empty glass. "Tender, I want two Cantercoult Premiums for me and me new friend." She said with a smile. She sat down at the bar, saving a seat for the stranger. "How come I've never seen ye around here before mate?" Ye seem like an interesting lad to me. Eventhou yer a guard for those so called royals, ye seem nice."

Edited by Pucksterv

Diamond Rustscythe sat down at the bar with a satisfied grin on his face, the mood seemed to be cheery again and he could swap words with somepony else than a superior or an incompetent guard. He placed an amount of bits on the counter equal to how much the drinks were combined and pushed it towards the marecaptain. He was doing her a favor when he said it and he would have nothing of her paying for the drink. "Here you go, well, l think you haven't seen me here because l only visit this place during my breaks and they are in the early afternoon, way earlier than it now is. l take it you are an eveningvisitor mostly, you look like the type anyway".

"l know l have seen this mare before, but it was a long time ago. Where though? l'd reckon a pony like this is unique in her countenance". This was where the real challenge started for DR, he was going to try and jog his memory so he could assess the pony in front him somewhat better. "She definately wasn't a civilian guard, he would've known. He thought for a while and then an image of a leaving ship with this pony on it drifted in front of his eyes. He knew who this was now and didn't know if he liked it that much. Things went allright for now, so he wouldn't make a fuss.

DR still felt somewhat awkward where he was sitting now, but he wouldn't let any of that cross his face and allow himself to look weak in front of the mare. "Say, you wouldn't happen to be Captain Chaos Caramel, would you?  yeeeees, l think l remember. You own a three-master, correct? Tell you what, l'll forget that you insulted me, captain of the royal guard, if you accept my drink and give me your apology. Sound fair?" he tried, not telling the mare about what else he knew yet and making it so that she would remain interested in the conversation. He had calculated that she was a smart one, fearless maybe, but not so dumb as to start a row with somepony who offered her a drink in front of all these ponies who adored her. He could be wrong in his judgement though, but he was willing to take that chance to show that he had authority, albeit in a subtle and kind way.

(edited)

"No need to pay me for a drink, this guy here owes me favor." Caramel said pointing at Tender. "Althou I appreciate the gold." She said with a grin. Caramel listed carefully to what Diamond was saying. He seemed alright to her, even if he was one of the royal. Offering her a drink was a wise step, she could never say no to a free drink. She dozed of for a while, looking around the pub, happy and drunk faces all around. 

At the mention of her name she snapped out of her gazing. Her ears lowered as got out of her seat, taking a few steps back from the royal guard. She never told her full name to any pony, so how did he know. "How do you know my name? WHO ARE YOU REALLY? HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?" Caramel yelled, looking at him. You could see that she was not fearless since her eyes were mixes with fear and anger.

She took another few steps back, grabbing her sword and pointing it at him. Everypony around went quiet again as they felt the tension between the two rise. Caramel kept looking at Diamond as she slowly stepped back further. She was close to the exit, an opportunity she had to take. She ran out the door, hoping he would not follow her.

Edited by Pucksterv

Diamond Rustscythe sighed and accepted the two closed bottles of Cantercoult before getting off the barstool and following the captain outside. He looked around and saw her running away and followed through the air while thinking to himself; "Why did she freak out like that, l'd better follow her and get her to relax and be honest to her. l remember spying on her and that misschievous coltfriend of her and l wasn't supposed to be there, so... let's go stitch some patches". He didn't care where they were, he had just scared somepony to the core and needed to fix that.

DR sped up his flying and soon caught up with Caramel, flying past her and landing squarely in front of her. "Please, calm DOWN! l wasn't going to hurt you then and l am definately not going to hurt you now. l believe we were talking like adult ponies under influence, so let us please talk to eachother because l have something very important to tell you". He took a step closer and went through his frontlegs, lowering himself to show good will and waited for the mare's reply.

Caramel ran through Canterlot but didn't really know which way to go. Before she could make a decision, Diamond had landed in front of her. "GET AWAY FROM ME!'' Caramel yelled as she pulled out her sword again. The stallion took a step closer, causing Caramel to take a step back. Even though he was apologizing, Caramel did not trust him. "YOU! you know my full name! No pony knows my real name. No pony knows except my mother AND SHE IS DEAD.'' Caramel yelled at Diamond. Her paranoid personality had showed itself again after a very long time. She had never felt so many extreme emotions all at once. Almost causing her to go mad right where she stood.

"Tell me what you know! Tell me what you know about me before I cut yer head of with me sword! I swear, I will do it, I've killed royal guards before and i wouldn't doubt to do it again." Caramel said, her trottingham accent could be heard inside her voice along with fear. She held her sword closer to the stallion's neck. "Answer me! You damned stallion!'' Caramel said angry while tears were rolling from her eyes.

(edited)

Diamond Rustscythe flinched a little from the sword to his neck and looked down. This situation was hard for him as well and he swallowed before starting to tell the hard truth with a very small voice;

"l was doing some research in the Royal Canterlot Library as to who my familymembers were. l had grown up in an orphanage and later on the streets, joined a gang to survive because nopony wanted to take me in. l was a small pegasus at that moment, allready learning the hard ways of life. l had never known my family outside a brief glimpse of my mother and l needed to find out. Anyway, after a gangfight with the Royal guards over some piece of piece of jewelry, l got hurt badly and was abandoned by my gangmates and taken in by Celestia, who had her doctor nurture me back to full health, opening a new future to me".

"After that l had talked with her and convinced her that l didn't want to have anything to do with the gang anymore and she took me into her service. They kept a close eye on me to see if l would defect again, but eventually l turned out to be trustworthy and even made my way to be captain as you now see me. It was many years after l had joined the guard and only a few before now that l had gotten an assignment which involved stopping a pirate raid from stealing a diamond from the museum, the guards had run away, all of them, but l stayed. l knew l couldn't put up much of a fight against all of the pirates, so l hid out of sight, spying on them. That was when l saw you talking to that wildlooking yellow stallion, l believe he was your coltfriend, if l am not mistaken. Anyways, l heard a pretty emotional  conversation  and l was about to leave when l heard a familiar name, the name of your mother. l couldn't place it at that time because l had not heard the name for so long, so l checked the library to find out she was my mother. l had to talk to you again, but l couldn't find you anywhere"

"l have always gone to that pub in the early afternoons when l had a break, it did not occur much, but enough that the bartender got to know me. This one time l got rescheduled and l was off late, well, It lead to me being late and arriving in the pub the way you saw me. l wanted to talk quietly with you, but l let my tongue slip ahead of me and for that l want to cry your pardon, my sister". he softly moved his head up and placed his hoof on her shoulder, tears in his eyes. "l have no secrets for you anymore now, so do with me what you will". He looked again and closed his eyes as his hoof slid of the shoulder again. He would accept anything right now from her, his only visible living relative.

All his life he had been wondering if he was alone and now he had found solid proof that he wasn't, it had always been a hard matter to him. This moment, however, made him unable to speak and get an emotional block. The mighty warrior who had been fearless in many battles to serve the Royal family was truely and utterly terrified in that instant, emotions overlapping where he would normally hide them with ease from anypony, including Celestia herself. His head was a turmoil of thoughts that would only be set at peace if the mare in front of him would react.

Edited by Silver Snow

For a long time Caramel kept quiet, not only when he was speaking but also after. She did not know what to say. "I have another brother? but how? my mother never told me about him? I was the youngest, she never had children after me?" Caramel thought to herself. A million thoughts went trough her head, she was trying to get her head to calm down, to get everything in order. Another set of tears came rolling from her eyes. She looked away from the stallion, dropping her sword to the ground. She looked at the sky. counting the stars like she always did do calm herself down. It took her a while, there were a lot of starts tonight but she finally calmed her self down.

After a silence that seemed like forever she finally got herself to look at Diamond again. She saw him sitting down there, a mess, just like her. She sat down on the ground, grabbing him into a tight hug."It's alright, it's gonna be okay. I understand. Don't worry, you are not alone anymore. I'm here for you, brother." Caramel said between her tears, finally accepting the situation as it was. 

Diamond Rustscythe was taken by emotions for quite along time and only managed to recover after feeling a warm sensation crawl up his body. When he came out of his musings he found that Caramel was hugging him and that he didn't find it disturbing. nopony had ever been allowed to touch him, but now he took comfort in being with the mare. he swallowed a few times and hugged back, rubbing his hoof over her back to comfort her too. She was accepting it nicely and, for some reason he felt like a little foal again in her hooves. DR finally found his voice again and said; "l am sorry for upsetting you so...". He bowed and grabbed the two bottles of Cantercoult that had fallen from his hooves and were, miraculously enough, unbroken. "... here, want to drink together?". He felt a throbbing in his neck where the sword had made a tiny scratch that was bleeding softly and reached for, yanking his hoof back as he felt pain shoot through his body, only to see the small crimson stain on his hoof. He showed his neck to Caramel and asked if it was a big wound, since he could not see it himself.

Caramel got up and looked at his neck. "Yeah, that drink has to wait cause that doesn't look to good." Caramel said a bit worried. She took of her scarf, revealing her scars and burns around her neck from all those years ago but she did not care. Even though she knew Diamond for only an hour, she felt like she could trust him. She tied her scarf around his neck, putting some pressure on the wound. "This will slow down the bleeding but it does need to be stitched up. Come one, lets get ye some help.'' Caramel said as she helped her new brother to his hoofs.

"Sorry about that by the way, I did not mean to hurt ye, even if I threatened to do so back then.'' Caramel said, walking next to him, supporting him with hoof underneath his arm. "Uhm..do you know where the nearest hospital or doctor is? I don't visit Canterlot that often so I actually don't know where to go except for the pub." Caramel said with a chuckle as she looked around. She saw ponies had stepped outside the pub who had probably witnessed their whole argument. They looked at Caramel like she was mad, again.

"T-Thank you. The nearest hospital should in the castle, were not that far off. l understand if you don't want to go with me, it's pretty risky on your part, just walking into the castle like that. l don't mind if you wait at the pub for me while l let myself get fixed. l will be allright, trust me". He hugged Caramel, ignoring the sting of his neck for a moment to show that he was truely genuine to her

"What have l gotten myself into? Can l even make time for her, seeing as how she is my only known family member l need to look after her and make sure she will be allright.She is so nice to me that l cannot leave her, but l cannot take her with me to the castle, she would get caught". So many sensations still whirled through Rustscythe's head, he wasn't alone, he had a sister! He would love and cherrish her and finally be happy. He wasn't going to be moody all the time anymore, for he had found something that had ignited his spirit and gave him a purpose of closeness to a pony, something he had lacked from the day he was brought to the orphanage

Rustscythe tilted his head back a little to look at the pony he was holding and then gave a kiss on her cheek while holding her. "l promise l'll be back soon, we are going to have the best time together! Mark my words.

(edited)

"Oh yeah, I didn't think about that. The guards around the castle would probably want to shoot me on sight." Caramel said as she looked at the huge castle in front of her. "Alright, but I won't wait in the pub after that big scene I made there. I'm staying at a small hotel at the moment. I will wait for you there but only if you promise me to give me scarf back." she said with a small chuckle even though she was actually pretty serious about it. She walked a few more steps with him to the castle and gave him a hug. "Don't die on me, good luck." She said with a smile. 

Then she turned around and started to walk back. She looked back one more time, making sure he made it into the castle safely before continuing walking away. She looked at the stars again, they were so many tonight as if Luna was doing her a favor. She could spend hours looking at them and still don't get bored. There was no time for that though, she had to keep walking or the hotel wouldn't let her in. She was still on time when she arrived, she greeted the mare at the front desk as she passed her by. "Hello there my dear, ye look beautiful as always."

Caramel said, getting a blush from the mare in return. She headed upstairs to her room, on the fourth floor, as always.

Edited by Pucksterv

Diamond walked the last few streets to the castle, nuzzling the scarf while getting slightly annoyed by the wound's throbbing. he thought back to what had just happened, he had found his sister and she had accepted him, even shown love where he knew she was a very tough cookie, just by seeing her stand up to him like that at the bar. it really moved him that she was so willing to accept that she had a brother and how much care she had shown to him.

He walked to the gate and asked for entrance, which was immediately granted by the guards that were on duty. One of them that he knew very well asked where he had gotten the shawl and DR simply replied; "Don't ask, l've been drinking in the pub and l don't entirely know it myself, to be honest" he lied to make an impression on his friend. He chuckled as he saw the expressin of the two guards and shook his head with mirth, which he regretted a second later because his pain ignited even harder because of it.

he quickly found his way to the infirmary, ignoring everypony on his path while walking quickly. The fact that the pain had increased so substantially worried him. He was there in no-time and was pleased to see that the nurse he knew was on healing duty. She knew how it was with him and never questioned anything except for challenging his humor. Diamond Rustscythe removed the scarf and showed his nec to the nurse while asking; "Can you please help me with this, small accident" he said with a painful voice. He was quickly patched up and got a concerned look and word from the nurse after she had ended the spell. "l'll be careful, l promise". to which she replied; "you know l don't like seeing you here in such a state. Fortunately it was a small scratch, but it bled. so it's a good thing you came". DR smiled and thanked her for her help before walking out of again.

He felt in a hurry to go and see Caramel again and didn't even care about the time. He wanted to be with her and catch up on lost moments, so he sneaked through the corridor and opened a window with the certainty that he wanted to fly as fast as possible. He looked at the scarf in his hoof and closed his eyes briefly as he nuzzled it again, the warmth bathing him in happiness that he had not known untill quite recently. he put the scarf around his neck again after that, a big smile on his face and jumped out of the window to strain his wings and get to Caramel.

Caramel walked into her room, the smell of the last visitor was still hanging around so she decided to open the window. The streets were now completely empty except for the usual guards patrolling. She could here nothing but silence, even the pub had gone quiet. It must be past midnight already then.

Caramel took of her scabbard that was holding her sword. There was a red stain of blood on it. "Darn it, now I gotta clean." Caramel said as she took out the sword and started cleaning. This sword has seen much blood but never family's blood. Except maybe that one time with Scarlett but that didn't really count. After a while, her sword was clean and shining again. She put it to her bed side like always. She wanted to take of her scarf, forgetting that Diamond was wearing it at the time.

She quickly ran to the window, to see if he was there yet but there was still no pony around. Caramel saw the mare from behind the desk close up the hotel. "Well I better leave this window open if he decided to show up anyways." Caramel said to herself out loud with a chuckle. She hopped into bed, closing her eyes, slowly drifting asleep.

Diamond soared through the air, feeling rejuvenated and still quite energetic after that checkup. His flying was low to the ground, he knew the way, but he had slightly bad eyesight. It was quite the flight and he had to retrace his path two times because he had flown past a certain street. When he was finally at the hotel, he saw it was closed and cursed; "Why does it have to be closed? Well, mayb l am lucky and able to find Caramel if l look through the windows. He scouted and saw many ponies asleep. the first row wasn't correct, at the second row of windows he found a white pony that might have looked like Caramel, but was somepony alltogether. When he finally arrived at the fifthe row of windows, pretty high up, he scouted and peeked through every window, untill he came to an opened window. Naturally he looked inside and saw a pony lying in bed. He strained his eyes and saw it was Caramel, so he soundlessly came in and closed the window before he silentwalked his way to the bed and placed his hoof on the sword she had at the bedside and softly gave a kiss on Caramel's forehead "Did you miss me, sis?"

Caramel woke up by a sudden touch to her forehead. She jumped up, wanting to grab her sword as a reflex. She then realized it was Diamond who was standing by her bedside so she backed down quickly. "Don't ever do that again, don't ever wake me up like that." Caramel said as she got out of bed a but frustrated "Sorry, I just have some weird reflexes." She said as she looked at her sword again. "So, ye seem to be looking better although I wasn't expecting ye to come back so soon. I guess ye got a good doctor." she said with a smile.

Caramel was gald to see Diamond again. Eventhough she knew that the cut wasn't so deep, she was still very worried about him. She was gald he was feeling a bit better. Well she wasn't sure he felt better but he was at least looking better. The colour had returned to his face, that's always a good sign.

Caramel looked at Diamond, she noticed he was still wearing her scarf. "My scarf! I missed that thing so much! Can I have it back please? It was my father's. I feel so weird not wearing it." Caramel said with joy.

• Brohoof 1

Diamond Rustscythe saw he had startled the mare and had kinda expected as much allready. He still felt guilty about though, but he would let it slip from his mind. They were going to have enough nice time together that she would forgive him this tiny slip of judgement, of that he was sure. He heard her question, took off the scarf and lovingly pressed his cheek against it before he lay it carefully on the bed. He looked at her caringly and said with a warm voice he didn't even know he possessed untill now; Caramel... Thankyou for being here for me. l have always lived my life thinking l was alone and now you are here. You make me so happy right now, for you have given me a new purpose in my dull life". He crossed the two steps between them and hugged her again.

He mused at his situation and thought; "A pirate and a guard family, well, nothing weirder than that, but l am glad we are. She is such a caring pony, l think she doesn't treat many ponies like she treats me now and by that l am honored, truely honored".

(sorry it took so long)

Caramel smiled at his word and hugged him back. For a while there was silence. She said nothing, she did nothing but enjoy this moment. Caramel never enjoyed intimate moments like this. It always made her feel uncomfortable but this time it was different. She wasn't afraid to hug him back, she wasn't afraid to be close to him. "I'm glad that I make you feel happy. I don't know what I did to do that though. I don't think I ever made anypony this happy with my presents. Thank you as well. I'm very honored." Caramel said as she sat down back on her bed. She put away her sword, she wasn't going to need it.

She thought about the situation. She felt like she knew him so well yet didn't know anything about him. He felt like a stranger yet a friend. "So tell me, Diamond, what kind of pony are you exactly? I feel like I've know you for years but we only just met a few hours ago. I don't really know that much about you I just realized. I'm sure you have question for me too. I'm happy to answer any of them." Caramel said with a smile again.

Diamond Rustscythe took his time to sit down next to Caramel and placed his hooves on his lap and looked at them, being silent for a few seconds to think about the situation. "What do l tell her? What do l trust her with so she can be comfortable with me while still keeping the really personal things private? l have no answer to this, let's just see where we will end up after this. One things for sure though, Caramel is unlike anypony l have ever met, hmm... maybe it is because l have finally found somepony that l have something very important in common with?". He looked up and to the side where his sister sat and stared into her eyes to see what he could tell her. Diamond had always been of the opinion that eyes were something very special and that eyes told a lot about somepony.

He shook his head as he was about to lose himself into her eyes and sighed before replying; "Caramel, please understand that what you are asking is something l cannot answer in just a few sentences. l have so many feelings, memories and moments in my life that can't be explained in mere words that l don't know how to answer your question properly. l can tell you l am a guard for the royal family, l can tell you that l spent much love at creating "Winged Executioner", my combat weapon and untill recently the only thing l could really connect to. l can tell you that l was abandoned at an orphanage, escaped it to find myself in an underground gang. No rules, except for listening to your superiors and trying to stay alive. l could even tell you how l became a guard and how Captain Shining Armor saved me from going back to that evercursed gang and how l was inches from dying after the gang l was in decided to clash with the royal guards".

Diamond looked away and sighed before continuing; "But it all wouldn't matter if l told you one single truth, a truth that still haunts me to this day and makes me feel sick about myself and l don't know if l should be telling you, it is something you might hate me for so much  that you would kill me right here, right now. l wouldn't blame you if you did either". Tears started gathering in his eyes as he remembered what he had done and he sniffed as he looked anywhere but at Caramel. He felt very uncomfortable at that moment and again, same as when he had discovered his wrongdoing, he thought that he would just want to end his life instead of going on while the truth tortured his mind...

(edited)

Caramel was shocked by his reaction. It was not her intention to bring up old and painful memories. She could hear his suffering inside the sound of his voice, almost feeling the pain herself. She looked at him as he turned his head away. She wanted to put a hoof around his shoulder but was afraid what reaction that would give. She could also feel a little distance coming between them, as if he was not feeling comfortable with her around any more. Caramel decided to stand up, giving him a little distance.

Caramel opened her mouth, speaking with a soft voice, not wanting to provoke him. "Diamond, I may not know what happened to you in the past or what you have been through. I just want you to know that you don't have to tell me if you want. If you don't trust me enough to tell me, that is okay. If you don't wanna tell anything about yourself, that is fine. However, if you want to know something about me, just ask. I feel like I can trust you with my story. Maybe you feel the same way later. If not that is okay too. Do not force yerself if ye don't feel comfortable with it."

Edited by Pucksterv

Diamond looked back at Caramel and sighed. "Better have it out than make her find out when she trusts me even more, this way l will truely know if we can trust eachother". He stood up and walked to the mare before putting a hoof over her shoulder and using the other to make her head turn towards him. He looked into Caramel's eyes for a good couple of seconds and then let her go to walk away for a few seconds to retrieve the sword from where she had placed it earlier and handed it to her carefully so neither of them got hurt. "Listen, l am going to take a gamble here. l want you to know that you can fully trust me and that is why l will not lie to you or keep any secrets from you, Caramel".

Diamond touched his sister's cheek with care and rubbed it a bit. "My sis, what l am about to tell you is not something that is going to be easy to take, nor easy to tell on my part, that is why l need to ask for something in return. 'Swear' that if you don't trust me after l have told you this that you will drive your sword straight through my heart. l will not tell you the information untill you do that and then you will never know a very important part of your history". He looked at Caramel with confidence and determination, nothing was going to sway his mind on this matter and he knew it.

Caramel went silent again, her words got stuck in her throat. She looked down at the sword in her hoofs. Tears drops falling from her eyes onto the cold steal but without a sound. ''I can't do that...I can't kill any pony...I won't do it again..I swore I would never do that again...not after...no I can't do it..I can't...but  I must..I must know and I will promise him.'' Caramel thought to herself. She looked back up to Diamond, her eyes still full of tears.

"Alright, I swear to it, if it comes to it, I will be prepared to take such actions. I promise. May the goddess of wind and Sea, Ninlil, remember my words and make them true." Caramel said as she put a hoof on her forehead. "I am ready my dear brother. I am not afraid. Tell me yer story that is hurting you so much inside. Release yerself from your burdens upon me. For I am willing." She said with a smile as she sat down on her bed again with her sword laying next to her. She looked at Diamond with a curious look, ready for him to speak about whatever it is that is so awful it would make her capable to kill again.

• Brohoof 1