Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Big Mac is officially the first transgender character

cider float

(edited)

princess_big_mac_by_yanoda-d6ipt6g.png

The fact that he dreams about being a princess shows he's a transgender. It does sort of makes sense since he seems to keep his lifestyle outside of the barn a secret. They're getting really bold now on LGBT themes. And I mean they jumped right to transgenderism rather than homosexuality. The Princess title in Equestria was supposed to be Queen according to Faust but Hasbro didn't want there to be Queens on the side of good so they call them Princesses. So in retrospect Big Mac would want to be a Queen. No need to explain more on that.

These were first signs of Big Mac acting as a mare in a stallion's body. The fact that he did such a good job of it shows it's in his heart that he wants to be a mare.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

well since it was a dream episode it probably was just a little joke they put in the show since mostly every cartoon show including spongebob they put in a few jokes that has nothing to do with the charecter or the show and doesnt show it again only once so it could just be a little joke in the show but i can see the fandom artists and sfms now lol ohh god XD

Edited by NightStar_Gamer

"The fact that he dreams about being a princess shows he's a transgender." So if you want to be a princess,you're considered a transgender? LMAO! Seriously please look up what a transgender is. Please cause this is something.

• Brohoof 3

That dosn't mean he is or wants to be a girl or is transgender he could have has a weird dream or just would like to for fun I'v had dreams as a chick and I wouldn't say i'm trans.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Um, no. He's obviously into some "girly" things like Twilight's doll, and wanting to be a princess, but that doesn't make him transgender. You need to look into what transgender really is. That's a very stereotypical outlook you have there.

He could be straight, gay, bi, trans, whatever. His effeminacy or whatever word you want to use has ZERO bearing on that. At most you could call it Camp Gay

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CampGay

Edited by manic
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

Just to be honest here, how many of us would switch genders if we knew we were in a dream and has had as much controll over it as they did?

Doesn't make him transgendered. Besides, he was mearly dressed as a princess.

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

I think you might be looking way too deep into this. The Alicorn dream isn't exactly sufficient evidence that he's transgender.

Do keep in mind that in the show he wasn't called Princess Big Mac once. That's just a fan nickname for him. If anything this is less a thing about gender and hints more to a curiosity of what it's like being a Unicorn or an Alicorn. And keep in mind being curious as to what's its like being an Alicorn doesn't hint to a desire of being a mare or princess! If anything it just means that he MIGHT have a fantasy of being a Royal (he could have wanted to be a prince or king) as well as being a flyer/magic user. Gender has nothing to do with it.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

Even if it was true it would probably fly right over most of the audience's heads (kids), after all it is a kids show and I doubt that the show will get this deep on stuff like that.

Plus, being an alicorn may not be a mare-only thing.  We've only seen mares as alicorns, but it doesn't mean we could have a prince instead of princess.  An alicorn is a powerful character with the ability to do things no other pony could do, so maybe he desired some more power in his dream, which led him to become an alicorn

Edited by shy0wl
  • Brohoof 1

Hey, just saying, but as a transgender person, (Demigender, to be exact. I'm not sure if I set my gender on this forum accordingly as I only recently discovered my identity,), I just have to say that even if it's not canon, it's always great to have headcanons that characters are trans! And I welcome this headcanon with open arms! Bring on ALL the trans big mac! Hell, I might even draw it. :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think it's like Stitch said. There's no rule that says Alicorns are automatically female, but people can interpret that as they want of course.

Edited by bronislav84

(edited)

I knew it.

I knew someone would come up with this.

post-31621-0-81929000-1437108596_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shadow Beam
  • Brohoof 2

I thought that this was just a nod to the fandom, honestly.

It's been a running joke, from this comic to images like this.
I believe the joke stemmed from the mobile MLP game, where there's a minigame where every pony is granted butterfly wings to grab some coins.

Yes, even the stallions:

flying.JPG

I don't think that this has anything to do with trasgenderality.

• Brohoof 3

Actually, in the comics (I know, not canon.) Princess Celestia thought Star Swirl should have been an alicorn or something, and Twilight even imagined him as an alicorn. While there are only canon female alicorns, it could still be possible for an alicorn to be a male. 

In my opinion, I think it is going quite a stretch to say that he is officially a transgender. But can some pony answer me this?

Alicorns are strictly for mares only?

All Alicorns are princesses?

Big Mac originally was a unicorn in the mass dream and was enjoying using magic, so he becomes an alicorn to help every pony, does that make him a princess automatically?

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, I think it is going quite a stretch to say that he is officially a transgender. But can some pony answer me this?

Alicorns are strictly for mares only?

All Alicorns are princesses?

Big Mac originally was a unicorn in the mass dream and was enjoying using magic, so he becomes an alicorn to help every pony, does that make him a princess automatically?

We've only seen female alicorns so far. That doesn't mean there can't be a male alicorn, but it doesn't mean that there are male alicorns. If you get what I mean XD

(edited)

I don't think this had anythign to do with transgereism. It was merely a joke.

Also, Peter New. the VA for Big Mac, showed up to a VA panel at Babscon, dressed as Princess BIg Mac.(as seen in the video below)

It was originally a fan done thing and Peter New took it a step further. So, I"m guessing the creators of the show actually let him get away with putting it in the show, since it was a dream sequence after all and not "real".

full.png

Edited by Flootershai
  • Brohoof 1

Gags aren't necessarily indicative of the character's personality or desires. They exist purely as a standalone joke most of the time.

Haven't seen whatever episode we're talking about but it's likely you're putting far more thought into the scene than the creators did. A problem many bronies have, especially when they think they see something controversial in the show that's not really there.

• Brohoof 1

Gags aren't necessarily indicative of the character's personality or desires. They exist purely as a standalone joke most of the time.

Haven't seen whatever episode we're talking about but it's likely you're putting far more thought into the scene than the creators did. A problem many bronies have, especially when they think they see something controversial in the show that's not really there.

We're talking about the latest episode :P Go see it!