Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Evanescence IC

Redeye

Timothy was sad when the girl walked away from him so he decided to do the only thing he had any confidence in reading and analysis books. So he resumed to reading the book form earlier. It was working at first but he couldn't help try to figure out what went wrong besides how nervous he was. For the first time he felt like a failure any time someone asked him an academic question he could answer it without fail but here there is no set answer where your personality determines who you get along with. 'Am I just unlikeable? Will everyone I ever meet hate me like she does? If that happens I can never attempt my dream off traveling to alternate realities. No I can't let my fear win maybe I just had some bad luck I am sure I can eventually make something close to a friend.'

"Surely Solaris did not lead me to my own death." Uther thought reassuring himself that Solaris did not send him here to die. At one point in his travels Solaris told him in a dream to go to a town named Ithagor. Yet even though he had been wandering this desert for what seemed to be weeks, he still had not found his destination.

The desert's heat did not bother him. He had grown used to it after spending this long wandering in the desert. But he was still worried about the possibility of running out of food and water before he found Ithagor. This made him move a bit faster than he normally would.

(This took way longer than it should've)

(edited)

Now that she had moved away from that... rather unique individual, Lux was walking around the city trying to find her destination, the courier's office. As she wandered around, the atmosphere around her seemed to get more and more hostile as she walked down the streets and through the alleys. She avoided looking around as what seemed to be bandits and outlaws were eyeing her as she passed. She felt extremely uncomfortable as she walked on and contemplated if she should have had Timothy accompany her. She decided to take a risk and ask a random person for directions.

"Uhm... Hello? Can you tell me where the courier's office is please?" Lux asked a man who seemed to be rather harmless compared to those around the area.

Edited by Pinkamena Dianne Pie

(edited)

@@Omar

Apart from the tumbleweeds and rocks, this place is quite empty. Guess you never expected this part of Ikaria to be as soothing as Xaeqor, eh? But luckily for you, you come across the edge of the Canyon, in which down below you can see a stream and the city as well. You can make out what seems to be a group of people walking towards the entrance, too. Though, if you're ever gonna get there, you're gonna have to climb down.

@@Pinkamena Dianne Pie

The old man looks up at you. "Oh, it's just a few houses down from here," he says. "We don't get many visitors around here nowadays, what brings you here?"

@@Midnight_Aurora

The Penumbra doesn't seem to respond, most likely a bit shy, but who knows? ((Though now that blazedtime is gone for 2 days, I'll reintroduce his character later))

Not much to do here other than have a staring contest. Besides, Anima's already walking ahead without you.

Edited by Redeye

Lux was rather relieved when the older man answered her. He seemed nice, which made her worry a bit less about the are she was in. "I'm just passing through and I was told that was where I had to go." Lux replied to the old man with a meek smile. "I'll be on my way then. Thank you so much for your help." She added as she bowed and started off towards where the man had directed her. She didn't exactly want to go away from the nice old man so fast, but she wanted to get to her destination as quickly as possible and get out of these streets.

Lux walked down the street a little ways and found a building with a weathered sign out front in the shape of an envelope. She looked at the sign and tried to read what it said. "C..ur..er's Of..ice" was what she could make out and she believed she had come to the right spot. Walking up to the front door, she opened it and walked inside. It was kinda dark inside, with a few candles lit here and there and a fireplace. She went over to the counter and began to speak to the person who's rear-end was sticking out of a crate a few feet behind the counter. "Excuse me... Sir/Ma'am? I'm here to deliver a package." She beckoned to the person in the crate.

@@Pinkamena Dianne Pie

A rather scruffy man looks for a moment, and then gets up. He then spits his Tobacco straight into a pot. "Ah, finally. 'Been waitin' for that thing for a while now."

He takes the package, stores it somewhere, and then comes back with a bag of coins. "Here's this for your troubles."

Obtained:

200 Gold

Lux had handed over the box over to the scruffy looking man and had taken the bag of coins he gave as a reward. "Eep!" She squealed happily as she got the money and transferred it over to her own coin purse. 'Now that's about 300 gold.' She thought gleefully to herself. 'Maybe I can buy something nice for Nox.' She looked at the scruffy man behind the counter. "Thank you very much." Lux said kindly while she bowed. She then turned and headed out the door and back into the streets.

Wandering about the streets, she weaved in and out of streets, alleyways, and in between people until she came into a slightly open area. Looking around, she noticed it looked slightly familiar and looked more in depth at her surroundings. Then it donned on her, she was back at the entrance of the city, which meant that... She stopped when she spotted that weird man, Timothy, over across the way. Lux put up her hood in an attempt to hide from him and to remain inconspicuous in the crowd and wait for either a new job to arise, or it start to get dark and her to seek out an inn.

Uther scans the area looking for an easier way down other than descending the cliff but is unsuccessful. "Yet another challenge that I must overcome to proceed further." he muttered as he took a brief glance over the ledge.

After descending the cliff, Uther began to continue towards this town. He couldn't see a sign that was close enough for him to read so he it was a mystery to him if this town was the one that he was searching for. "Even if this isn't Ithagor, it'll at least be a place that I can rest and restock with food and water. But if this is Ithagor... Well, I guess I'll find out what happens when I get there. Solaris must have called me there for a purpose."

After walking for a bit longer, the signs were now visible. He could now confirm that this town was in fact Ithagor. "Finally, I have arrived! Thank you Solaris." Uther said out loud as he began to walk at a faster pace. Along with the town becoming visible, he also saw a small group heading towards the entrance as well. He couldn't exactly see them that well, but he could at least see them. He payed no further attention to this group because he had higher priorities at the moment such as food and rest.

@@Pinkamena Dianne Pie , @@Omar

It won't be getting dark out for possibly another ten hours. Most likely the only things worth doing at this point are going somewhere for a meal. However, the both of you have an eerie feeling about something dangerous that might happen. Maybe it's the wind, maybe not.

@@Midnight_Aurora

The Penumbra doesn't seem to respond, most likely a bit shy, but who knows? ((Though now that blazedtime is gone for 2 days, I'll reintroduce his character later))

Not much to do here other than have a staring contest. Besides, Anima's already walking ahead without you.

Sylvania continues to follow Anima. She is quietly thinking. She is also looking around to make sure the two stays safe.

Sylvana hopes to get to the town soon her water ran out shortly before she needed to land.

Sylvania says, "I don't know why but I am getting a bad feeling. Might be intuition. However, be careful anyways.

With no luck on the fact that he doesn't know if the three figures he's seen are truly real, Charles continues to follow, just to see if the self-proclaimed "hallucinations" know where the city is. He stays quiet and a fair distance away, not shouting at it like he did with the sun, because, well, he doesn't want to look like a mad man.

@@Redeye,

The man took note of the sign with a sigh of relief and continued onward towards Ithagor. He'd had the good sense to wear light coloured clothes, a lot of which was dirty and sun-bleached. His hood, especially so. Underneath it, he was sweating, dark locks of hair plastered to his face and neck. And he had...maybe a day of water left if he was careful with it.

(edited)

While she sat there waiting, Lux was starting to get a weird feeling at the base of her spine. She looked around to spot if anything was out of the ordina...

"Urrrrrrrpppp...." Lux's stomach churned with a rather audible sound. She grabbed her stomach as she began to blush a little from making such a weird sound that other people could hear. Lux looked around for what would look like a place to eat and smiled when she saw a building with a sign that looked like a beer mug. She started to walk towards the tavern and stopped when she noticed Timothy was standing near the entrance. 'Ok. Just play it casual and he won't see me.' She thought to her self as she slowly approached the tavern. Her plan was working fine, she was starting to pass him without notice, until her foot caught a loose brick causing her to stumble forward and fall flat on her face.

Edited by Pinkamena Dianne Pie

@@Midnight_Aurora , @@Soullite

Within about 20 minutes or so, you all manage to reach the city with nobody harmed. The town looks pretty lively as it seems from a few distances away.

The wind, at that moment, blew quite a strong breeze, enough to knock what seems to be a Grey Flower out of Anima's hair. Surprisingly enough she manages to catch it before it escaped entirely with her two fingers.

"Damn wind..." she says as she places it back where it was.

Well, it looks like the road trip is over for a while.

Sylvana says, "That bad feeling is still there. The wind russles strangely through my feathers."

She follows on towards the town. Sylvana makes sure what little she has stays on her.

She then continues on ahead towards the town. She wants to get a bath in and preen her wings.

@@Midnight_Aurora

To your luck, there seems to be a Public bath house somewhere down the street. Though, it's a bit ironic considering how dirty this city seems. You also looks around to see that Anima has disappeared, but that probably wouldn't be surprising considering how independent and secretive she seems.

"Har har har!" Charles laughs, glad he followed his gut, before slowly cutting himself off, coughing harshly. "Alright. Where are the punks 'ere so I can show them my fists?" He tells himself, looking around the place. He scratches his beard, and starts to walk around, asking random people if anything or anyone has been causing the town trouble lately.

Ithagor...a lonely city in sand filled lands and craggy hills. Many would see this place as a ripe opportunity for easy gold. Yet the town still stands strong. That told me many things, but not enough to conclude anything about the town or its people. Bandits are plentiful in the hillside and hidden paths. We would have let them be, but sadly they attacked me and my men first. My scouts told me of a girl brandishing the emblem of the Knights of Artemis. That's what drew me here in the first place, but it seems that'll have to wait. The leader of the bandits that attacked my men stood in front of me hands tied and eyes blind folded. I ignored his cries for mercy as it was too late for that. I gripped his shoulder as I pushed him to the ground. I brandished my hammer as my men yelled for blood to be spilt or the blood we've lost. I raised my hammer happily obliging my men's request. The bandit leaders muttering was quickly silenced as the head of my hammer met the head of the bandit leader. I sighed before stowing my hammer, he was only the first of many. "These men dared to challenge the Knights of Artemis! Let this be the fate of any who opposes us and our clients. Come there is more bandit blood to be spilt, in the next couple of days there will be a lot less men in these hills!"

@@Soullite

It doesn't look like the city is having that much trouble currently. But you can still feel a slight chill go down your spine, as if something is going to happen in due time.

@@Ranger22

Those few bandits might possibly be the last within the area, but there are surely more to pop up. With nobody left to kill, it would be a good idea to follow your original goal and arrive at Ithagor as soon as possible. Luckily, you're not too far from it.

@@Midnight_Aurora

To your luck, there seems to be a Public bath house somewhere down the street. Though, it's a bit ironic considering how dirty this city seems. You also looks around to see that Anima has disappeared, but that probably wouldn't be surprising considering how independent and secretive she seems.

Sylvania heads straight for the bath house. She needs the bath and a preening quick like.

As soon as she gets there she makes sure to look around carefully. Her wolf still in the staff.

She then finds a nice or decent spot and begins preening her wings.

Civilization, it was a something Uther had not seen in some time. He wasn't used to being near living people after spending so much time alone in this desert. The loud noises of normal civilization were almost foreign to his ears after becoming used to the dead silence of barren lands. As he continued adapting to such things, he started to search the town for a place where he could get something to eat.

@@Midnight_Aurora

The wing preening and the bathing seemed to take longer than it should have. But nontheless you're clean, and ready to head back out into the dirty canyon city. With nothing else to do, it might be a good idea to finish up your primary goal and maybe spend an hour at the local Cafe.

@@Omar

And that local cafe appears to be a few yards down the street, past a strange and somewhat desperate bookworm and a klutzy young woman whom just tripped over a brick. Next thing you know, someone might just trip over absolutely nothing because it's a running gag for some reason.

"Owwwie..." Lux said to her self as she got up to her knees and rubbed her nose. "Stupid brick." She muttered as she started to collect a few items that had scattered around from her fall. Once all her items were collected, she got up on her feet, threw her hood back over her head, and continued on her way to that tavern.

As Lux walked into the tavern, the aroma of food and drink hit her like a wall. She had to stop for a couple seconds just to take it in. Quickly coming back to her senses, she decided to go take an unoccupied table a little ways to her left. While waiting for a server, she sat there wondering. 'I don't get how that Timothy guy didn't see me. Is he really that oblivious? Or, just that into books?'

@@Pinkamena Dianne Pie

The food definitely smells like food. There is also a menu in front of you.

TODAY'S SPECIAL:

Cthulhu Calamari - "Not actually from Cthulhu, but the Calamari does taste good, packed with garlic, onion, salt, pepper... normal stuff." {50 Gold}

OTHER MEALS:

Cheeseburger - "For the casuals." {25 Gold}

Grizzly Bear Hamburger - "For the hefty people who have unusual tastes." {50 Gold}

Ultimate Salad - "Packed with lettuce..... and that's it. Comes with a Secret Dressing." {25 Gold}

Real Ultimate Salad - "A Caesar Salad but 3x larger." {50 Gold}

Filet-O-Fish - "Give me that fish." {25 Gold}

Chick-Fil-A Sandwich - "Not sold in 8 freaking continents. I mean, what the hell?" {50 Gold}

DESSERTS:

Ridiculously Overpriced Golden Ice Cream - "Who the hell put the price tag on this?" {1000 Gold}

Churros - "Gotta hog 'em every lunch hour." {10 Gold apiece}

Flanity Flan - "Possibly could get you brainwashed by an obese person." {50 Gold}

DRINKS:

Water - "Straight from the stream. It won't give you the runs, we swear." {25 Gold}

Soda - "No specified brand, might be a communist drink." {25 Gold}

Sublime Liquor - "Tastes like cherries. Unfortunately, 1 serving may get you intoxicated regardless of Irish inheritance." {25 Gold}

BEER - "BEER." {25 Gold}

Then, the waiter comes up. "Yo, you must be new here. Did you come up with an order, yet?" he asks.

To you, it might or might not be a hard decision, considering it includes meals that only a hefty lumberjack would wolf down. Oh well, just make sure not to waste your money on a Ridiculously Overpriced Golden Ice Cream.

Lux looked down and started to go over the menu to see all the food options they had here. Seeing the daily special, she immediately chose what she was gonna have. Unlike her sister, who despised it, Lux loved seafood and got it as much as possible. (Even though Nox would scold her through the notes they pass because she could taste it in her mouth.) She looked up to the waiter and smiled. "I'll have the calamari and a water please." She said her order to him. After the waiter would leave, she planned on reading into some of the research and notes that had been written by past mages inside her and her sister's grimiore.