Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are you grateful for?

ManaMinori

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm grateful for many things but one of them is my boyfriend and having friends like @Starforce, @Kujamih, and some others who always seem to be there in my dark times. Despite the start of my day today, I hope the rest of the year will be lovely and full of positive experiences and I wish the same for everyone else! :yay: 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Scarlet02 said:

I'm grateful for many things but one of them is my boyfriend and having friends like @Starforce, @Kujamih, and some others who always seem to be there in my dark times. Despite the start of my day today, I hope the rest of the year will be lovely and full of positive experiences and I wish the same for everyone else! :yay: 

yey my sarcasm worked! usually it backfires but now it didn't.... DAWWWW 

you made my day too bud! eyyyy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I’m grateful for Hospice care. My grandpa, who passed away last week, was on Hospice care, which is a program where nurses and professional caregivers come to your home and assist with the elderly or those who have special needs. We were at our limits because my grandpa was in very bad shape and we didn’t know how to help him. But Hospice came and gave him medication, brought a hospital bed so he could sit up and down, helped with lots of odds and ends and giving emotional support to all of us. They provided a chaplain on call, and took care of all the arrangements at the time my grandpa passed away. Usually when someone passes away, even when it’s obviously imminent, the police have to come and they grill everyone to make sure no one bumped anybody off. That would not be a good thing at the time of grieving. But Hospice took care of all that and we never had to give it another thought. They contacted the funeral home and arranged for his final wishes to be carried out. I can’t say enough about how great these people were. And they weren’t just treating us like cattle and getting done as fast as possible before moving on to the next person on the list; they stayed with us as long as we needed them, and every last one of them was a font of compassion. Before we signed up for Hospice I never even knew what it was, but now I do and I can’t say enough good about them; saints, one and all. Because of them, my grandpa was comfortable and at peace when his time came.

Moments ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I’m grateful for Hospice care. My grandpa, who passed away last week, was on Hospice care, which is a program where nurses and professional caregivers come to your home and assist with the elderly or those who have special needs. We were at our limits because my grandpa was in very bad shape and we didn’t know how to help him. But Hospice came and gave him medication, brought a hospital bed so he could sit up and down, helped with lots of odds and ends and giving emotional support to all of us. They provided a chaplain on call, and took care of all the arrangements at the time my grandpa passed away. Usually when someone passes away, even when it’s obviously imminent, the police have to come and they grill everyone to make sure no one bumped anybody off. That would not be a good thing at the time of grieving. But Hospice took care of all that and we never had to give it another thought. They contacted the funeral home and arranged for his final wishes to be carried out. I can’t say enough about how great these people were. And they weren’t just treating us like cattle and getting done as fast as possible before moving on to the next person on the list; they stayed with us as long as we needed them, and every last one of them was a font of compassion. Before we signed up for Hospice I never even knew what it was, but now I do and I can’t say enough good about them; saints, one and all. Because of them, my grandpa was comfortable and at peace when his time came.

I'm so glad that they were so nice to you and your family, Dreamy. :rarity: