Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Magic Duels Origins

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

To accompany the release of the new Magic The Gathering card set, Origins, there is a new game in the works that is already out for iOS that will be replacing the yearly Duels of the Planeswalkers series, titled Magic Duels Origins. It is said to be available for Xbox One, Android, and PC sometime in July, while the PS4 version should be in August for some reason. This will be a free-to-play title and it will be updated as new sets are released which sounds awesome. :3

I mainly play the video games of MTG rather than the card game as it is much more easy and cost effective for me to get into. Anyone else looking forward to this game? I want to play it on Xbox One when the game releases. I am not too good at deck building but maybe this game will make me better at it over time.

• 2 months later...

Was playing DotP'15 on my Sammy S6 and was looking forward to Origins but wasn't available last time I looked.

But an OS update on my phone bricked it, requiring a factory reset, so I can start DotP again :(/:)

• 1 month later...

I wanted to say that the new Battle for Zendikar update is finally coming out for iOS and Xbox One sometime today, it has already been out for steam for a few weeks. I really am hoping that this update improves the game in numerous ways, because the game itself was quite disappointing overall. I have heard that the new cards are far better than the first set. 

• 6 months later...

Finally got this on my PC through Steam and think it's okay.

Would be nice if it didn't automatically jump through phases. Sort of removes some of the subterfuge of "what's in my hand".

Finally got this on my PC through Steam and think it's okay.

Would be nice if it didn't automatically jump through phases. Sort of removes some of the subterfuge of "what's in my hand".

That might actually be a glitch knowing the odds. Right now there is a problem with priority, where the game doesn't exactly do priority correctly. Really sucks sometimes because some abilities rely on this to the fullest. It is getting really annoying that Stainless Games never updates this game unless a new card set is out.

Ah,was thinking "but jumping spells and lands doesn't make sense"

...it's mainly jumping activated abilities that gets me.

"I'll do x before combat ...oh it's jumped to combat" :|

• Brohoof 1

Ah,was thinking "but jumping spells and lands doesn't make sense"

...it's mainly jumping activated abilities that gets me.

"I'll do x before combat ...oh it's jumped to combat" :|

Yup, exactly that. There is an odd one with Abbot of Keral Keep where if you cast him and the card you get is a land, if don't have any other spells to cast, the game will automatically skip all other phases, go straight to combat, then go to the end phase, meaning you cannot play that land at all and it will get exiled. It is rather annoying.

post-8308-0-91912800-1466082621.png

Must keep land in hand if able, just to pause it in main phases, in case I want to do something.

How have you gotten on with collecting.

Have only really gotten the cards from completing storyline and maybe had enough for a fat pack (?)

• Brohoof 1

Must keep land in hand if able, just to pause it in main phases, in case I want to do something.

How have you gotten on with collecting.

Have only really gotten the cards from completing storyline and maybe had enough for a fat pack (?)

That strategy might work I think, I should investigate it myself as well.

As for my collection stuff in the game: I have completed Battle For Zendikar and Shadows Over Innistrad entirely, and I have over 50% of Origins and Oath of the Gatewatch, currently focusing on Gatewatch.