Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you handle it when someone does you an injustice?

Lexamena

If it's minor, I'll let them know they've upset me and try to reconcile.

If it's major or they're just constantly a jerk I'll just stop talking to them and move on. Life's too short to waste time with grudges or revenge fantasies.

im dealing with an injustice right now and its stressful af. I have little to no coping skills when im supremely messed with. I try reaching out to people but thats always a dead end. I try ignoring it but the problem comes back to me to address. 

Oh... it depends.  If someone is just mean to me, but doesn't break any laws, then I can generally just ignore them and go about my life.  However, I'm the type of person such that if I were ever the victim of crime, it would destroy my life.  Like, if someone stole a pencil from me, I'd collapse like a dying star.  I'm weak that way.

• 1 month later...

It depends. Certain injustices I can deal with with a bit of swearing, like getting cut off in traffic. If the injustice is really aimed at me specifically, though...I tend not to react to it too well. I'm very bad at expressing frustration IRL, and people being any shade of 'unreasonable' (e.g. Openly doubting me when I'm one hundred percent telling the truth) piss me off immensely, usually leading to me self-destructing in some way.

I'm trying to get better at dealing with it, but if something comes out of nowhere I'm probably not going to take it well.

If it's unintentional I might get a little mad, but a glare and an angry sigh is about as much as someone will get for that. I usually forgive people pretty quick for accidents.

On the other side of things, people who are rude on purpose for no good reason? Nobody makes me angrier. Thankfully I've never had to deal with someone like that in-person, but there are plenty of those types of people online. If I can, I mute / block them and try to move on.

I try not to hold a grudge. It makes me no better than the person doing me an injustice. It may not always be easy because emotion clouds clear thinking and dictates a less mature response. But negativity will keep on going around and around endlessly until someone is big enough to put a stop to it. And the only way to put an end to bad things is to forgive them.

(edited)

If they don't do anything to make up for it, and it's bad enough, sit and bide my time. A good chance will eventually come along. 

I used to sit and forgive everything, but it seemed like to me I was just getting walked on all the time. Little things I'll let go but bigger, no, or at least at this time. 

Kinda funny I find this now, when 3 hours ago something I'd call a major injustice happened to me, courtesy of a greedy lawyer. 

Edited by TheGleaner