Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Shadows of Manehatten

Pucksterv

(edited)

Link for the ooc: Shadows of Manehatten ooc

The story begins with Detective Midnight, waiting at the entrance of the Manehatten Police Department (M.P.D) for the new rookies and transferred officers. Midnight works at the Murder and other serious crime division. After discovering that his partner was corrupted, there was incident were one of his officers got shot and killed (by Midnight's corrupted partner) and the other team members were transferred because the bureau thought it would be good idea to start over with new officers.

When the new members join the team, they are send to investigate a murder which will later turn out to be done by a serial killer, following several murders after. This does not mean that the team will only be busy with that specific case. During the story, a lot of other crimes will be investigated like foalnappings, hostage situations and other serious crimes.

I imagine the ending of the rp being that they catch the serial killer and then go out for a drink at the local bar.

The rules:
  • Even though the rp involves guns and murders, try not describing stuff like blood and guts too much since it is consider NSWF
  • When talking to another character, try to mention them or quote them to avoid confusion, it's okay if you forget but try not too.
  • If the rp seems to go to fast and your missing to much, say it, I don't want anyone feeling left out.
  • if something goes wrong, stop posting and contact me. We will fix it. If I am not available at that time, just wait patiently
  • the basic rules in rp'ing

The rules are strict but necessary. If you break the rules too many times, you are out, you get banned from the rp!

The team:
  • Pucksterv (Detective Midnight)
  • Buzz (Buzz)
  • Frosty V (Frost Typhoon)
  • FlutterstepHD (Firestorm)

Criminals and guest appearances:

• pucksterv (I will be controlling several npc)
  • Gloomfury (Malachi Semi)
  • Ice Blizzard (Carmine Backdraft)
  • Peytonjay (Rebilac)
  • Intercity 125 (Sparkle Sword)

A big yawn came from Midnight's mouth as he was making his coffee. His new team mates, full of rookies and transfers, would arrive in 10 minutes, he was not looking forward to it. Especially since he had little time to finish his coffee. He looked at his watch while taking a sip of his coffee. "Time to go downstairs I guess." Midnight said as putting down his coffee as he walked to the elevator. Another yawn escaped from his mouth. He shouldn't have stayed up so long last night drinking, the elevator music made his head feel like it was exploding.

He stepped out of the elevator and headed for the main entrance where a bus with the new recruits had just arrived. One by one they had to go trough security check. Which had been upgraded since the incident. Midnight looked at the ponies. A lot of new faces but only 2 of them would become part of his team. He looked at the list of names he was carrying. "Officer Relic, first name Buzz. Transfer from Applewood. Excellent weaponry skills." he read as he scanned the new faces, trying to see which of them was him. "Officer Typhoon, rookie, 100% score on the psychology test. Interesting.'' he said as he focused on the recruits again. Two of them were send his way. "Good morning there officer. I assume you will be my new team members. My name is Detective Justice. I will be leading this team. Meaning you either call me by sir or boss. Understood? good. Any more questions?''

(@Buzz and @Frosty V, you're up. Althou others are free to post aswell)

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 2

Buzz stood in front of the crowd of rookie officers, looking at his new "boss" whilst he was helping the MPD. He did not want to be here, seeing as he had waited his entire life to get out the city and be of some benefit in a nicer, better part of equestria. "I'm Buzz, sir" Buzz call to the detective as he put his bags down on the floor. Buzz had been with the AWPD for almost 18 months now and did not want to be considered as a rookie. He did this by not dressing as smartly as the rookies around him: his top button wasn't done up, he had a pair of orange headphones around his neck and was not wearing his police hat.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Buzz, @@Frosty V,

Midnight looked at Buzz. ''Officer Relic, I presumed.'' he said as he looked at relic's file. ''Quite some skills, a good officer but I see my friends at the AWPD have some other things to say about you as well. No wonder you were transferred." he said with grin. He paced around for a bit before standing infront of the two officers again. "This means that you are officer Typhoon. You, I look forward working with you Frost." he said as he looked at Typhoon's file. "Now, lets head upstairs, we have our first case. After that, I will explain the rest. Follow me.'' Midnight said as he walked towards the elevator.

Edited by Pucksterv

Carmine had received his orders to go to Manehattan. Once he got there, he looked over his paperwork, "Let's see here....uh-huh...yeah...alright. Time to get some jobs done....." He snuck in and out of alleyways, and behind backstreets. He eventually made it to the back of one of the city banks. "Once, they come here to load up, I'll be waiting....."

Sparkle looked around a corner of a large building and spied his first target an ATM on the side of the opposite building but he had a more complex plan involving the building it was attached to, the manehatten art gallery, he had studdied this building closely and knew most of the ventilation and wireing all he had to do was wait for night...

rebilac had arrived in manehatten. he had received some tips that caliber might be here...but at the same time...he might already be gone.

he shrugged, and opened his book. no matter. there were some targets here, as well. he'll make a pretty penny here while he looked.

and from what he saw, this place was positively brimming with targets.

@,

Carmine noticed Rebilac, and almost attacked him, "Ha! Who are you? State your name and purpose before I end you!" He said as he held his mace in front of Rebilac, "Are you a cop, or are you part of the criminal business? And if so, what are you doing here?" He said as he backed up a bit.

The sounds of grunts and hooves hitting flesh could be heard from behind a bar in down town area of Manehattan. The allies were covered in trash and at least two homeless ponies sleeping next to a dumpster. At the far back the shuffling of hooves could also be heard if you got closer. And if you looked into the ally you would see three stallions holding up another stallion who looked rather beaten up and a little bloody. 

on the other side of the ally there was one more stallion, leaning against the wall smoking a cigarette and holding a steel baseball bat, watching the stallions. He then stood up and walked over to the stallion being beat up. The stallion looked up at him frantically, his heart nearly beating out of his chest. "P-Please Malachi! I-I-I'll get your money, I primes. I just need more time! I'll have it in a week, I swear!!"

Malachi blew out a cloud of smoke before speaking. "Benny, we've been through this before. You said you have it last week and the week before that. Now I'm just thinking you're abusing my generosity. I give you more time, but when you do have bits you end up losing it all on bets when you can just pay of the dept you already have. Now you owe me twice as much as you did before." He said looking at him with one eye closed.

"Look, because I owe you for that time you brought one of my boys to the backroom doc instead of the hospital after he was stabbed, I'll forget the extra bits you owe. But this is your last chance, skip out again and you be fitted with your own custom set of cement horseshoes." The stallion nod rapidly. "Okay, okay, I primes I'll get your bits. And thank your for giving me one more chance." He said with a relieved smile. 

But it went away when Malachi opened his red demon like eye and looked at him. "Good. But to make sure you don't try to leave town,I'm gonna have to break your kneecaps." Then by using his bat, he slammed it into the stallions knee, which made a sickening crack. When the bat made contacted the stallion let out a loud cry of pain.

• Brohoof 1

@

rebilac didnt say anything. and in 2 seconds, he had made a fake story. 

"...im sorry, you must have me mistaken for someone. im merely a passerby, on my way to return this sword to a friend from using it in a cosplay! please let me through, i mean you no harm!" he said, going for a innocent voice, and look.

but rebilac was thinking. 'this guy is carmine. and according to my hit book, he's quite the toughy. now, im not one to doubt my abilities in honest combat, but i do prefer assassination over plain out killing...'

he mentally smiled. 'and carmine does have quite the bounty...it seems that this place is more then just some small crime bounties...'

'ill have to pay this guy some extra attention...'

@,

Carmine looked Rebilac over. 'Mean him no harm?', yeah right. And next he was supposedly a schoolfoal selling cookies. Carmine sure didn't fall for it, he knew a tough pony when he saw one, "You don't look like you mean know harm. Trust me, I know a big shot when I see it. Lemme ask you this, ever hear of the Pony Asassination Group, or PAG?"

@

rebilac cursed mentally. 

"no, you dont understand! this is just the cosplay! i just look like someone who looks tough! your not the first one to make this mistake! iv even gotten challenged! but i dont wanna die!"

he tried to go along with his story. and this carmine...he said something about a pony assassination group? he'll have to look into it...but for the time being, his main priority is getting away from this guy, so he could get to work.

@,

Carmine decided to play along, "Alright. You're apparently not worth much anyway. I'm gonna leave you to your cosplay...thing." He then left Rebilac, as he went to go back to his tactical stakeout position near the backside of the bank to wait for the loading team.

@

rebilac smirked when carmine started leaving. 

"heh. fool..." he muttered under his breath, and continued his trek.

he read his book over, and started mentally checking off ponies. "...i have my work cut out for me..." he said. "time to pay...15,000 bits worth of ponies a visit."

@@Buzz@@Frosty V,

After an silent and awkward ride in the elevator, midnight sat down at his desk, taking a sip of his coffee which was now cold. His made a frown and so he walked to the coffee machine to make himself another cup. ''So our first case together." Midnight said looking at his new recruits while pointing at the whiteboard behind him. "There have been several murders on the streets of Manehatten for the past month. Since we are the murder division (and other serious crimes) this is a case we will have to handle. My former team and I already came to the conclusion that a Serial Killer is behind these murders. Which means this case is a very important one." Midnight said passing around as usual.

'Before you lot arrived, I got a phone call about another body, another crime scene. This means, pack your bags, grab your gear. We are going on a trip.'' Midnight said as he walked towards Buzz, handing him a key. ''I hope you know how to drive a car. I'll send ye a text with the adres of the crime scene. From this point forward, you two are partners.'' he said while looking at Frost and Buzz. ''Now get yer flanks moving, I'll see ye there.''

As ponies from the bank loading team got out their load, Carmine struck. He hit the two ponies in the head with his mace, putting them out for good. He then stole the money from what they were putting in the bank, and teleported it back to his HQ, "Now, that that's done, time to take out my targets." 

He then dashed off, quietly.

Buzz walked out of Midnights office, found a private office and started to get ready. He took off his headphones and placed them inside the bag. He then did up his top button., but he refused to wear the hat as it made him look like a newbie, thinking they needed to look smart to get in peoples good books. It's not about how you look, it's about what you do that gets you remembered. These were the words lived by as an officer, and he intended to stick to them. He put his mobile on the table, waiting for the buzz that would give him the address of his first job back in Manehatten as a member of the force. He then pulled a holster and badge from his bag and put them both on.  He then pulled out a small, metal, black box. Buzz used a key to open it and pulled out the Glock 17 that was inside. He then took out 4 magazines. He put one of these in the gun, making sure the barrel had be pulled back to put a round in the chamber, and place the safety on. He then put the gun in the holster and put the other magazines in the spaces for them on the belt that came with the holster. He then picked up his phone, placed it in his shirt pocket, and went to find his new partner.

Midnight send a message to Buzz and Frost of the address before starting his car and driving towards the crime scene. Arriving at the place, it was surrounded with ponies everywhere. ''Excuse me, coming through.'' Midnight said as he walked to the body. The research team was already there, taking pictures and collecting evidence. Midnight showed his badge so that he was allowed to go through. He then sat down near the body, examining it carefully. It was still a young mare, probably just started university or college. It was clear to see that the serial killer Midnight and the bureau were after, had done this. Midnight looked at his watch. ''Where are my rookies?''

Buzz felt his phone go off in his pocket. He saw the text and now had more determination to find his partner. "Have you seen....erm" Buzz starts hitting his head lightly, trying to remembers the ponies name. "erm.....detective Justices other guy?" the pony just shrugged and walked off. Buzz did not want to make a fool of himself on the first day. "Rookie, where are you? The boss wants us!" Buzz screamed, hoping he would hear him.

(edited)

Firestorm was doing what she did everyday in Manehatten: roaming the rooftops of buildings. She jumped from building to building, leaping and rolling. Her skills had really improved from yesterday, as she had a drowsy day. She was on a runner high. It was becoming midday, yet it was getting quite dark early. It also started to rain a small amount. She started to slow down, from a run to a jog, and then to a complete stop. She held her hoof out and looked up into the sky. “Rain? In this city? What a rare occurrence~.” She sarcastically said to herself, along with a small giggle. “But things were just getting fun... oh well. If the rain gets any worse, all it would do is challenge my abilities; I'm up for that.” She began to run again and leaped to another building, grabbing on to the edge with just her right hoof hanging on. Her head turned towards the left of her, where she could overlook the Manehatten skyline. In the distance, her eyes were drawn to the Manehatten Art Gallery. She pulled her self up onto the roof and stood facing it. “I was planning on visiting the gallery at dusk, from a rooftop away. I heard it's suppose to look amazing with all its lights and stuff.” The rain started to get a little heavier. “I should get a move on if I want to do this today... but maybe a stop at the café first. I could use a drink, and maybe even a small treat.” She smiled and continued on with her journey.

Suddenly, there was a faint slap sound, along with a loud scream that echoed in the air. Firestorm looked around with a quizzical look on her face. “What on earth was that?” The sound didn't seem to be close by, although there was the noise of rain and traffic over lapping it. She observed her surroundings and came to a conclusion. “Down town: a place full of booze and drunken idiots...” she rolled her eyes and sighed, “Thank goodness I don't live in this district.” She left the area and made her way to the main city.

Edited by FlutterstepHD
  • Brohoof 1

Frost had remained quiet for the most part during his time so far with his new team, apart from nodding every do often to show that he was listening and the information he was given was getting through. After the briefing he quickly went through a mental checklist of his gear, most of it being in a medium sized bag he carried around with him, making sure everything was present and accounted for.

He continued his streak of silence during the car ride to the crime scene. Upon exiting the car he began to look around not really paying attention to where he was walking, hearing the scream from his partner quickly put his mind back into the right place trotting towards the voice. "Sorry! Sorry!" He replied, finally speaking, as he made his way to Buzz.

"where have you been?" asked Buzz as he walked towards him. Before Frost had any time to respond however Buzz started talking again. "You know what, i don't care. Let's go see the boss. I haven't told him i was here yet so that he shouts at both of us instead of just me!" Buzz had to drive to the crime scene by himself, as he couldn't find Frost in the MPD building after 10 minutes of searching.

(edited)

@@Buzz, @@Frosty V,

As Midnight was examing the body he heard a car arrive. "Finally, what took them so long." he said as he walked to the place they had parked. "Come on lads, let get moving. You're already late, so don't waste my time. I want one of you handling the witnesses, hear them out. The other one comes with me. And I would like the one has the least change of puking thank you." Midnight said as he walked back to the body. 

(I will be controlling some of the witnesses and someone else (Flutterstep) if they want)

Edited by Pucksterv

(edited)

Firestorm was in the main city, and noticed the streets were quite empty and quiet. Until she walked around the block. She noticed a large crowd at the bottom of the street. There were loads of ponies gathered around the sidewalk; the roads were blocked off by police cars, barricades and traffic cones. There was a fire truck and an ambulance at the at the seen too. “What on earth is going on?” Firestorm said concernedly. She ran over to the crowed.

She tried to get a closer look at what was going on, but everypony was in the way and some police officers asked everyone to leave. “This is hopeless” she mumbled. She wondered off and looked around for a way to get a birds eye view of the situation. She found a tree near by and climbed up it. She could see over the crowd, but still had no idea what was going on. “I wonder what happened? Everypony looks freaked out. I sure hope nobody got hurt, or killed... with all the murders happening lately.”

She then noticed a pony in the distance acting a little shifty. It looked like a stallion, but she wasn't quite sure. They must have been wearing dark clothing or camouflage because all she saw was a silhouette. They then suddenly ran off and entered a black SUV and started to drive off. Firestorm didn't know for sure, and didn't know why they would they would even be hanging around the crime scene, but she just had a gut feeling that they were involved in this incident in some way or form.

Edited by FlutterstepHD
  • Brohoof 1

Frost opened his mouth to reply to Buzz but quickly shut it when he was cut off, he turned to see his boss, Detective Midnight. "I think I'll talk with the witnesses, I'm not to keen on bodies" he replied figuring it would be a bit easier for him to listen to some witnesses and gain some information that way. "Unless my partner would rather take that job" he said motioning to Buzz

"No, ill go with you boss. I'd rather not make ourself look more incompetent than we already have because one of us decided to puke on top the deceased." Buzz replied, giving a glare to Frost as the last few words left his mouth. "That, and talking to people isn't exactly my strong point."