Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Combines vs Ponies!

iDashingRainbow

(edited)
That's true but remember the combines don't have magic.

Yes that is true, they do not understand magic but then again most ponies probably don't understand science just as much because they don't need to.

This is really hard since Magic doesn't exist in the Half Life lore (apart from the vortigaunts thing (Its not meant to be magic)) and because in MLP science isn't really explained (then again the same can be said about magic (magic is explained more than science)). But overall the weakness of the Equestrians is that they are mostly peaceful and that 2/3 ponies (If we say all pony races have an even amount) struggle because they have no fingers or magic, their army is useless and are mostly peaceful, the upside of the Equestrians is that they have 4 princesses and the elements of harmony and they have traveled to another dimensions/parallel time line (1 or 2 depending on weather you count the IDW comics as canon). The weakness of the combines is that they do not understand the magic of the ponies and that their foot soldiers are idiots and that they have multiple enslaved dimension/planets to focus on while their strength is that they have multiple advanced technologies and G-man and have been to multiple dimensions. At the end of the day I am pretty sure that Combine would win.

As for how long it lasts I guess about a week or two. A fun thing to do is to consider the Equestrian Civil War, if it is still going the war would last around 2 days but I would say if it has finished and a side has won or they made peace yet still had the army it would take around a year.

(I am sorry if any information is wrong, to be honest I have really looked into the Equestrian Civil War and have not read the new IDW FIM comics or IDW micro series and IDW friends forever)

Edited by Koppony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
They don't stand a chance against the friendship of magix

Yeah but what happens when the Elements of harmony have to use their powers wave after wave of combine? Their foot soldiers are pretty much waves of zombies with lazer guns and they have gunships, striders and hunters and speaking of zombies, head crabs. Prepare to wear those prisoner suits because in the end the ponies will get overrun.

Edited by Koppony
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

The Combine were initially attracted to Earth due to the Xen Incursion at the Black Mesa Incident. That was caused by nascent portal technology being explored by Freeman, Kleiner, Vance and their colleagues, egged on by the G-Man.

Equestria appears to have had capable and accurate non-transdimensional teleportation technology (biological spell-casting horns) for centuries, if not for millennia. If a being like Discord couldn't attract the Combine, why would they now? [That is, during the Friendship is Magic era, aka Post-Return of Luna.]

But assuming that the Combine committed an incursion:

Let's examine Derpy Hooves. Derpy does not appear to be a common kind of pony, but the fact that she exists means that a pony of her variety is a possible result in the breeding population. Which means implicitly there could be other time-and-space warping silly characters, against whom mind-control and armed capture is exceedingly difficult or even impossible.

This general genetic immunity (rare but possible) against Combine Trans-speciesist technology coupled with extremely powerful magic means that no matter how much the Combine attacked Equestria and tried to subjugate it, ultimately they wouldn't be able to win.

I imagine before that scenario would come into play however, sufficiently powerful magic users would probably prevent the Combine from entering by cancelling their portals before they become useful.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1