Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Hardest Video Game Level You've Recently Played?

Street Comedy

Metropolis Zone, UGH. The level was a real pain in the ass to beat.

Metropolis Zone has many things that make it hard: dangerous hazards, the fact that it is effin' infinite if you don't chose the one right path, weird gimmicks (running on corkscrews), massive levels, and 3 acts instead of two. But everyone who's been to that zone knows the real danger: THE ENEMIES. (the Slicer, Shellcracker, and Aestron).

The enemy placement was horrible, Shellcrackers ambush and punch you off ledges you work hard to get up to, to get combo-ed by a hazard or Slicer. Slicers throw scythes at you that go very fast, and you see them at the last minute. Aestrons are in walls, so they can't be killed. Instead they explode when you get near them, releasing several spikes that fly everywhere in 5 different directions.

The boss, is Eggman in his Egg-Mobile with several spheres that orbit him. You got to time exactly right to hit him, then he releases a clone from a sphere that bounces around to distract you.

Because I'm generous here is the awesome music that plays in that level:

I was just used to the ordinary, easy enemies that these guys threw me for a loop. Now, what is your hardest level to play?

• Brohoof 1

Crystal Cave.

Dark Souls.

Invisible bridges, all enemies naturally do knock-back.

Oh, and there is no such thing as "Non-lethal" fall.

Edited by Libertina Kohr-Ah

have you ever played worms armaggeddon on ps1? The campaign was basically impossible. I remember barely passing the tutorial as a kid :o

Also, Crash bandicoot 1 on ps1 was a difficult game, but I will forever hate the level "slippery climb". :angry:

Edited by ʎǝlʇɐǝH ʎuɐp

At the moment... Skullgirls Story Mode on Hard...not even insane mode and I lose nearly every time!

Of all time?

This:

(It's called "I Wanna be the Guy")

EDIT: Not me playing.

Edited by Guest

OP nailed it on the head.

HATE HATE HATE Metropolis Zone's baddies. Exploding starfish floating over to you while you're running up the screw stairs. Pesky crabs with extendo-claws that pop out right as you land on the platform. The bugs with the throwing slicer arms that boomerang toward you. Very hard enemies, surprisingly easy Robotnik boss battle.

I haven't recently played these levels, but...*shudders* any of the post-story Yoshi's Island levels. There are two tropes to adequately describe them...Nintendo Hard and Platform Hell. They're nigh unwinnable no matter what - littered with enemies and traps in the least convenient of locations, with strange gimmicks ramping the difficulty up to eleven. They must be experienced for oneself, as their difficulty defies accurate description.

My other nomination for hardest thing evar is from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. ZERO ISLE SOUTH. 99 floors of pure unadulterated hell, forcing you to not only enter alone at level 1, but also forcing you to empty your inventory of ALL items and money, with zero chance of recruiting a teammate. Good luck, because you'll need all the divine intervention you can get in there.

Trying not to get taken down in marked man on burnout paradise. Those guys are so fast I can barely get away from them

what car are you using? its rather easy if you use the nighthawk (if you bought it form the special cars or whatever)

Most recently, I was replaying Sonic Unleashed so I can say that Eggmanland was pure hell! My first playthrough way back when was almost an hour. After all this time, I've only cut off about 20 minutes of that time.

um guyss? i think we're all forget the one, most miserable, hardest, worst level of any game imaginable.

something that not even discord would be cruel enough to make us play as punishment

something worse than being banished to Alpha Centauri

The level i'm talking about??

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's Sixth Dungeon:

The Water Temple.

Edited by Parties like Pinkie
  • Brohoof 1

Story Mode Chapter 7 in F-Zero GX- the 6 levels before it were hard too, but this was ridiculous- oh, it's just a normal race! Except with ridiculously unfair rubberbanding and lava pits everywhere and other racers going faster than you without boost! I still can't beat that crap...

The most recent would have to be the Chrysler building from Parasite eve, 77 floors of absolute hell, with a boss on every 10nth floor and the hardest boss in the game on the last, still working on it, currently on floor 20 :P. But less recently, and a bit more ridiculous would be any of the later levels of Gradius 3, figure anything past 3.

Okay. This one of those levels that only a select few can ever beat. Without a keyboard. I hope to god I can beat it one day. And I am talking about this beast: