Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Hardest Video Game Level You've Recently Played?

Street Comedy

Currently? The Kogor Refinery in Ratchet and Clank. God, no wonder the Blarg vacated this place!

First off, much of the level is on platforms above instant death ooze. If that weren't enough, missile equipped fighter ships random pop out of nowhere, forcing me to run back lest I get blown to kindom come. Than, once i've found cover, it takes three shots from the missile lancher (one of the more powerful weapons next to the RYNO) to kill them. Which would be fine if not for the fact that the missile launcher can't hit for crap unless I spend several seconds aiming the thing, which is kinda hard to do when currently under heavy fire!

Not to mention that one of the missions is chasing after an infobot that gleefully flies of the second you come close enough to get it. Which would be fine...if not for the fact that the thing leads through an area downright infested with the Demonic Spiders of the game: mutant crabs that take forever to kill even when armed with high eplosives (which I never have enough ammo for by the way!). Factor in flocks of dive-bombing birds and was it any wonder that I can hear the TROLOLOLOLO! sound in my head everytime the bot slips through my grasp!?

And to top it all off, everytime you die, you get sent back to the last "checkpoint" area. Of which there are very few and far between and making you complete everything you just did. AGAIN! I'm pretty sure Battletoads had more checkpoints with less distance between them! All and all, I wish i hadn't destroyed the Planetbuster afterall...

Edited by PoisonClaw

Valley of the Damned in Demon's Souls. On top of there being swamps that will poison you there is also enemies that will poison you.

The level design is pretty good in Demon's Souls but it's equally as frustrating.

Currently? The Kogor Refinery in Ratchet and Clank. God, no wonder the Blarg vacated this place!

First off, much of the level is on platforms above instant death ooze. If that weren't enough, missile equipped fighter ships random pop out of nowhere, forcing me to run back lest I get blown to kindom come. Than, once i've found cover, it takes three shots from the missile lancher (one of the more powerful weapons next to the RYNO) to kill them. Which would be fine if not for the fact that the missile launcher can't hit for crap unless I spend several seconds aiming the thing, which is kinda hard to do when currently under heavy fire!

Not to mention that one of the missions is chasing after an infobot that gleefully flies of the second you come close enough to get it. Which would be fine...if not for the fact that the thing leads through an area downright infested with the Demonic Spiders of the game: mutant crabs that take forever to kill even when armed with high eplosives (which I never have enough ammo for by the way!). Factor in flocks of dive-bombing birds and was it any wonder that I can hear the TROLOLOLOLO! sound in my head everytime the bot slips through my grasp!?

And to top it all off, everytime you die, you get sent back to the last "checkpoint" area. Of which there are very few and far between and making you complete everything you just did. AGAIN! I'm pretty sure Battletoads had more checkpoints with less distance between them! All and all, I wish i hadn't destroyed the Planetbuster afterall...

Oh god, don't remind me. I hate that game's checkpoint system. There's so few checkpoints and such a high difficulty it's ridiculous.

Just wait until you get to the robot factory...I've been stuck there for a while now.

The original vidoc that I used to learn how to overcome the Akantor

Nowadays, there are much harder monsters to fight, but this one will always have been my first.

Btw, I'm not the hunter in this vidoc.

Edited by Dizzy Leeane Rage
  • Brohoof 1

um guyss? i think we're all forget the one, most miserable, hardest, worst level of any game imaginable.

something that not even discord would be cruel enough to make us play as punishment

something worse than being banished to Alpha Centauri

The level i'm talking about??

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's Sixth Dungeon:

The Water Temple.

That level isn't even hard. It's just tedious as hell.

As for the hardest thing I've played lately?

• Brohoof 1

CoD: WaW campaign has a level after the level Black Cats (My favorite in the entire game) which I can't remember the name, yet it was hard has SHIT. Something about that level just stumped me 20 or more times. I guess its because it was enemies were very far away for the first half, it was night time, the area were they were at was huge, and they blended in so well with their ghillie suits.

CoD: WaW campaign has a level after the level Black Cats (My favorite in the entire game) which I can't remember the name, yet it was hard has SHIT. Something about that level just stumped me 20 or more times. I guess its because it was enemies were very far away for the first half, it was night time, the area were they were at was huge, and they blended in so well with their ghillie suits.

I believe you are talking about blowtorch and corkscrew? though i could be mistaken. :/

OoT:3D Shadow and Water Temples.

Shadow Temple CREEPED ME OUT although it's not as bad as the N64 one. I hated the boss too... Kept knocking me off the drum.

and the Water Temple is easier than the N64 version with the color coding, but the enemies were still annoying and the boss was so simple it was hard to me.

...I'm probably just really bad at LoZ, lol. It was my first time playing the game, though.

The last time I'm pretty sure I could legitimately not do something was the mini-games in Kirby's Epic Yarn. I HAD TO GET 100% and so there were endless hours of rage on the last couple levels of mini-games. Space Land was also not a lot of fun, and the boss was harder than the final boss.

Really? Sonic the hedgehog 2's Metropolis Zone gave you all problems? I never stopped. the enemies basically have one weakness. Timed just right, you can jump there attacks. I played that game from when i was 7 to now. (thats 15 years) now if you want HARD (that is if you spend 7 hours a day at one part, 3 continues at one part and a majority of your childhood AT ONE PART) Go try Sonic the hedgehog 3's Carnival Night Zone Act 2. Your locked in a room with a stupid god forsaken Cylinder you need to move up and down. Now, when i was a kid, i thought jumping up and down on it and timing it perfectly was the correct way...

MAKE SONIC LOOK UP AND DOWN. For gods sake! no Kid at the age of 8 would think to do that!!!

Thats the only part in any video game that has EVER given me problems.

Well...aside from beating Goro in the classic Mortal Kombat games.... Goro your a Bastard.....

Edited by Fear Moonscar

Really? Sonic the hedgehog 2's Metropolis Zone gave you all problems? I never stopped. the enemies basically have one weakness. Timed just right, you can jump there attacks. I played that game from when i was 7 to now. (thats 15 years) now if you want HARD (that is if you spend 7 hours a day at one part, 3 continues at one part and a majority of your childhood AT ONE PART) Go try Sonic the hedgehog 3's Carnival Night Zone Act 2. Your locked in a room with a stupid god forsaken Cylinder you need to move up and down. Now, when i was a kid, i thought jumping up and down on it and timing it perfectly was the correct way...

MAKE SONIC LOOK UP AND DOWN. For gods sake! no Kid at the age of 8 would think to do that!!!

Thats the only part in any video game that has EVER given me problems.

Well...aside from beating Goro in the classic Mortal Kombat games.... Goro your a Bastard.....

I don't get why everyone complains about the barrel, I was stumped for a minute then I just used a bunch of button combinations until I found out what made it go down.

The problem with Metropolis Zone is that the game is so easy up until Oil Ocean Zone, throwing you off guard.

I lost nearly all of my lives in the Oil Ocean and Metropolis just was Oil Ocean's brutal Turkish cousin.

Oil ocean... ahh memories... OF SLIPPING INOT THE OCEAN! Stupi friggin... gosh darn... *deep breath* Simply,,, i hate oil ocean but i never really had trouble with Metropolis. And Robotnik was easy to boot. but you have to understand man, when i was 8, i woukd have never thought to have just looked up and down.

It's really hard to answer this since I predominantly play JRPG's, which are more known for being a cinematic experience and less for being particularly difficult, but I had a horse of a time Chester on inferno difficulty on Ys 3: The Oath in Felghana. The first half of the fight is easy enough, but then it gets ridiculous (but this game is still a blast!)

It's hard because that health bar is all you get. No healing at all. The video isn't mine, but you get the idea (and it is in nightmare, which is the difficulty you have to beat to unlock inferno).

• 7 years later...
On 4/16/2012 at 3:04 AM, Street Comedy said:

Metropolis Zone, UGH. The level was a real pain in the ass to beat.

It is not that bad. Sure, some of the enemies are at troublesome locations. But all you need to do is keep moving slowly. Only run fast at the cylinder sections and 180 degree slopes. Then go easy by the doors and platforms and while running on bolts.

That mission in GTA: Vice City where you have to save Lance from getting killed in a junkyard. Never got past that mission as a kid and I still can't. :Cozy:

Edited by Cash_In