Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sact3rnlang3l

HEEEEElloooo everyone, Its my, Bure, Your go to all around gamer. Im (technically) New on this forum, but old on many, many others. But that is beside the point.

I am here to talk Destiny people, destiny. the console game that many just cannot stop playing, me included.

I am mainly starting this thread to well, to see if I am the only one on this forum who is really into the game.

I love it, almost as much as I love MC, MLP, and fire. 

So, if any of you like destiny and think you could handle me in the crucible. 

Or if you are a new player looking for someone to help you through the tougher parts of the game, and are on ps3.

Or if you are looking for a clan, or someone to talk the game with please, do says so.

I am lonely here, and want fellow Guardians to chat it up with.

this is omega243, Guardian extraordinaire ending this post.

And keep on playing. 

• Brohoof 1

I was so excited for destiny but the game proved a little bit boring, luckily the dlcs kept me playing it for a few more months but this topped it off:

red-bull1-e1435154407508.jpg

I am done with this game as of now. If they decide to get their s*** together I might come back to it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I was so excited for destiny but the game proved a little bit boring, luckily the dlcs kept me playing it for a few more months but this topped it off:

red-bull1-e1435154407508.jpg

I am done with this game as of now. If they decide to get their s*** together I might come back to it.

I remember reading somewhere about this, it looks awesome! It is also a step in the right direction if you ask me.

Edited by Sky Knight

Its 3 MLG 5 me, if you ask me

Well, the fact that Dying Light made fun of the whole advertising campaign sums up how ridiculous it was. I mean, you can't even get those cans outside of North America ^_^ 

----

But yeah, I pre-ordered Destiny and was INSANELY hyped for it all :lol: buuuutttt.....it only lasted 2 weeks  >_>  ^_^ and then I sold it. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, the fact that Dying Light made fun of the whole advertising campaign sums up how ridiculous it was. I mean, you can't even get those cans outside of North America ^_^

And yet no one ever complains about Call of Duty or Halo (which was made BY BUNGIE) having similar promotions, nor when WoW had Mr. T hype it, nor anything else.

Unrelated to quoted comment, a bit of analysis:

Destiny suffers from the fact that it's a new IP that was exciting and was made by a team that has been forever known for fantastic games. Bungie games, with exception of Halo, have always been about discovering the story for yourself. Unfortunately, the Halo/Call of Duty/other console shooter crowd is used to instant gratification in their story, and don't want to look for the deeper meaning. I understand the gripe that the Grimore wasn't in game, that is a problem, but the rest of the claims of a lack of deep mythology or story are from people who either don't understand MMOs (the story isn't supposed to have an ending, that's what the expansions are for) or don't want to go through the effort of learning the story.

Sorry, I'm in a ranting mood after hearing all the complaints about this game from people.

Sorry, I'm in a ranting mood after hearing all the complaints about this game from people.

I'm not trying to give you flak for liking the game or anything  :)  It's just a matter of, I dont like Destiny.

I'm not sure if you watched a lot of the older, original Destiny news (back years before the release) but back then, the story DID have an ending, the story was entirely different from what it is now and just generally, it was a hugely different game (It even used to be medieval  :P ). I wont bother to talk about it all, there's about 3 million other places to find all the information. But basically, the head writer at Bungie, Joseph Staten, left a year before the release along with a ton of other employees, and in that last year the ENTIRE story was redone and the game changed radically from what it was.

I'm not saying that Destiny is a bad game for what it is  :lol: but it was so different from what I thought it would be (after its original design) I could not enjoy it  :(

I'm not trying to give you flak for liking the game or anything :) It's just a matter of, I dont like Destiny.

The statement wasn't particularly directed at you, I just have gotten a bit heated about statements about how Destiny has 'no story' when it obviously does, hence why I said it was unrelated to your quote.

Honestly, I totally understand your criticisms, I have seen games totally change like that and it breaks my heart. Look at what happened to Spore, things were one way and then EA came in and things got screwed over.

On the whole, it seems like there needed to be a lot more expectation management than people were given. Some people went in expecting a new version of Myth (the original vision), some came in expecting an MMO Halo clone (what it became and was hyped as in the last year), but it wasn't either of those. I was lucky enough to not see any hype for it, the first thing I saw was someone playing the game on Twitch, so I got into it knowing exactly what I wanted it to be.

On the whole, it seems like there needed to be a lot more expectation management than people were given.

I really believe half the reason Destiny's story was so awful (in my opinion, obviously) was because they scrapped the incredible one written by the old Head Writer (and Head Writer of the Halo campaigns) -_- I mean, I know he left, but whats the point of scrapping 3 years of work????  >_>  

I really believe half the reason Destiny's story was so awful (in my opinion, obviously) was because they scrapped the incredible one written by the old Head Writer (and Head Writer of the Halo campaigns) -_- I mean, I know he left, but whats the point of scrapping 3 years of work????  >_>  

My guess? Activi$ion

Knowing the money grubbing publisher that Bungie was forced to sign with for their vision, they probably forced Bungie to change things because the only thing that people remember Bungie for is Halo. No one remembers Myth, no one remembers Marathon, all Bungie is remembered for is Halo. So what Acti asked for was another Halo. Unfortunately the Head Writer of the game didn't agree with this and left, so we were left with a frankly incredible level design for the raids and a story that went back to Bungie's roots.

• Brohoof 1

My guess? Activi$ion

Call me an xbox fanboy, but Bungie should have stayed with Microsoft. :P Microsoft had such a deep relationship with them due to Halo basically saving the original Xbox  :lol: Microsoft allowed them a lot of creative freedom with their games.

Then again, ANY published would have been better than Activi$ion :okiedokielokie:  

Call me an xbox fanboy, but Bungie should have stayed with Microsoft. :P Microsoft had such a deep relationship with them due to Halo basically saving the original Xbox  :lol: Microsoft allowed them a lot of creative freedom with their games.

Then again, ANY published would have been better than Activi$ion :okiedokielokie:  

No. No. Just no. This is a bit of bias as an anything-but-Xbox gamer (primarily PC, but have a PS3 for exclusives and can't afford another console), but Microsoft was one of the worst companies for Bungie to partner with. Not only did they require that Bungie keep to just the Xbox (Hello M$, you have another PERFECTLY GOOD PLATFORM FULL OF GAMERS THAT WANTED TO SPEND MONEY TO PLAY YOUR GAMES in the operating system THAT YOU CREATED), but they insisted that they keep the franchise running after Bungie was done with it. ODST was an abomination, and while Reach was ok, 3 was and likely will always will be the high point of the franchise. They had no creative freedom with MS, they just cranked out Halo after Halo until they were burned out and sacrificed their largest IP in order to escape.

IMO Bungie should go independent. They have a big enough fanbase to pull it off, and it would allow them to make the games they want on every platform. With DX12 and Vulkan allowing every console and the PC to have the same common framework, there's hope for multiplatform releases, but something deep within me reminds me that it'll never happen. Failing their gain of independence, Bungie should pair with a group like CD Projekt so they can get wide-spread exposure while still getting the freedom they deserve to make beautiful games with deep, enriching stories.

Sorry directly to you for this rant, MS is kinda my anger button.

ODST was an abomination, and while Reach was ok, 3 was and likely will always will be the high point of the franchise.

Well I have a lot of disagreements there :P I loved ODST, Halo 3 was great back when it first released but...eh  :blink: 

They had no creative freedom with MS, they just cranked out Halo after Halo until they were burned out

Well if they were forced to do it, how come around half of the Bungie employees stayed to work at 343 after the split with microsoft? :) Bungie seems to have been very divided in what they wanted to do and who they wanted to work with. They, very sadly, seem to lack a lot of what used to make them GREAT back in the day  :( And plus, this new Bungie fired Marty O'Donnell  :eww: I mean, what??

Sorry directly to you for this rant, MS is kinda my anger button.

I'm sorry if I cause any more ranting but I mean, I'm the same with Sony I suppose ^_^ I dont mean to denounce any of your opinions  :) Just putting out my own thoughts 

Well I have a lot of disagreements there :P I loved ODST, Halo 3 was great back when it first released but...eh  :blink:

Well if they were forced to do it, how come around half of the Bungie employees stayed to work at 343 after the split with microsoft? :) Bungie seems to have been very divided in what they wanted to do and who they wanted to work with. They, very sadly, seem to lack a lot of what used to make them GREAT back in the day  :( And plus, this new Bungie fired Marty O'Donnell  :eww: I mean, what?? I'm sorry if I cause any more ranting but I mean, I'm the same with Sony I suppose ^_^ I dont mean to denounce any of your opinions  :) Just putting out my own thoughts 

Hey, you're not doing any denouncing, I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying. Sony and MS are both horrible companies, and the fact that they get to publish games is frustrating for me as someone who is stuck in the middle with no AAA exclusives (PC).

A lot of Bungie liked Halo, but just as many didn't and wanted to move on to a new, similarly epic original IP (hence the creation of Destiny). Unfortunately, both teams lack part of what made Bungie what it was. The side that's still Bungie has a great gameplay team and good level designers, but their story is too old Bungie (relying on understanding of mythology, esoteric references, and player exploration) to stay good in the modern world, not to mention the fact that their netcode and balance teams work way too slowly for a game that is made by the literal codifiers of modern shooter PVP.

On the other side 343 has a good creative team, a few of the peoople from Bungie's gameplay team that were instrumental in writing decent netcode and a good multiplayer shooter experience, but it just doesn't feel like a Bungie game with modern Halo. They've lost their roots and I hope that works for them, but it's not Halo anymore. It's a game with Halo's universe and mythology, but it plays more like a high-spectacle Modern military shooter than a Halo game.

On the whole the split from MS hurt everyone, most completely the gamers. While they get 2 good games, they don't get one fantastic game anymore. Here's hoping that Halo 5 shows that once they're clear of constraints 343 can truly fly, and Bungie will finally get their crap together narratively with The Taken King.

Wow, this was supposed to be a Destiny thread, I hope it isn't locked for going off topic :o

Here's hoping that Halo 5 shows that once they're clear of constraints 343 can truly fly, and Bungie will finally get their crap together narratively with The Taken King.

Literally everything concerning Halo 5 so far has been incredible IMO :lol: I enjoyed Halo 4 anyway, so I didnt have the same problems others did in trusting 343 and I've watched all the behind the scenes stuff, and the amount of passion they're putting into the game is insane.  :P One thing I've weirdly noticed, is that 343 is slowly beginning to turn into the old Bungie in some ways. Their most recent series 'The Sprint' has so many similarities to Bungie's old ViDocs and such  :D

I'm a little iffy about The Taken King, but rest assured, if its bad, then thats the end of Destiny  :blink: If they aren't able to justify the $40 price tag, then they're in trouble

Literally everything concerning Halo 5 so far has been incredible IMO :lol: I enjoyed Halo 4 anyway, so I didnt have the same problems others did in trusting 343 and I've watched all the behind the scenes stuff, and the amount of passion they're putting into the game is insane. :P One thing I've weirdly noticed, is that 343 is slowly beginning to turn into the old Bungie in some ways. Their most recent series 'The Sprint' has so many similarities to Bungie's old ViDocs and such :D

I'm a little iffy about The Taken King, but rest assured, if its bad, then thats the end of Destiny :blink: If they aren't able to justify the $40 price tag, then they're in trouble

After having seen all the hype stuff for Halo 5, including the rewind theater segment IGN did on the two trailers that were a mirror of each other I'm intrigued. I didn't like Halo 4, mainly because the combat mechanics didn't seem as tight as when Bungie made the games. Totally my opinion, and I understand yours as well even though

Cortana dying

put a nearly infinite amount of rage in my heart for whoever wrote it. I understand why they did it, but the pain was seriously real for one of my favorite characters of all time.

As for TTK, I am cautiously optimistic about it. From the ViDoc they posted it seems like they're adding nearly the same amount of content as the original game had. Honestly though, Destiny worries me at times. The game play is fun, and I love the lore , but the narrative of the game itself is sadly lacking and hopefully that will change.

(on another note, we may want to move this conversation to PMs so we don't flood poor OP's thread with it)

But yeah, I pre-ordered Destiny and was INSANELY hyped for it all buuuutttt.....it only lasted 2 weeks
So I was not the only one that this happened to. I played the beta and I was like yeh this a good start and it looks epic but when I actually played the FULL GAME it lasted 2 weeks and got bored, I kept coming back sometimes hoping it would be better but their updates don't do shit, this isn't like ESO where updates add major content. 
  • Brohoof 1

I've played Destiny since launch and am in a love-hate relationship with it. It's so trashy to its long term players. All 3 of my slots are 34. I stopped again because I capped and there's nothing fun left to do. Taken King better be as hype as it looks. I can't play with you because I'm on ps4 but I hope you keep enjoying the game.