Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

@Randimaxis @woodchunks66

If I may, I can also offer an option. Doc Zinger tends to use her mornings flying around and stretching her wing before work, in the area around the quarry. She won't have much to do for that much longer in regards to Silver and Blitz before the former is likely to start prepping for the filly, so if you want, I can have Ziggy fall over him too and bring him closer to the quarry, where Dax as an example could take over.

Just a suggestion if he is to collapse some way from the quarry at least. Gotta remember to offer help when one can. :)

• Brohoof 2

57 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Randimaxis @woodchunks66

If I may, I can also offer an option. Doc Zinger tends to use her mornings flying around and stretching her wing before work, in the area around the quarry. She won't have much to do for that much longer in regards to Silver and Blitz before the former is likely to start prepping for the filly, so if you want, I can have Ziggy fall over him too and bring him closer to the quarry, where Dax as an example could take over.

Just a suggestion if he is to collapse some way from the quarry at least. Gotta remember to offer help when one can. :)

This is gud:icwudt: i like this

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Randimaxis

Sorry for my sluggishness in replying.  I'm just at a loss of how what to do with Low and Carnelian with that abrupt end.  I'm sure they could wake up tomorrow for breakfast, but I'm not entirely sure what you have planned.  Once that's out of the way, I have a few ideas on how to introduce the twins, but one thing at a time.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Hazard Time said:

but I'm not entirely sure what you have planned. 

ANY good GM will tell you that having plans in the back pocket can make for some interesting roleplay... but, in the interest of Full Disclosure, I'll be kind enough to give you folks (who are still here) a quick run-down on what I PLAN for this particular day; anything else that happens will be ad-libbed on the spot.

[*] - The front gates are standing wide open due to shenanigans... and yes, something is missing.  Thieves are not unheard of in Equestria, but to have the quarry's front gates simply standing open and unguarded most certainly IS unheard of!  This will be a focus for a different arc, as I have already put clues in as to how this happened.  :sealed:

[*] - Silver will have her hooves full with Blitz, I'm fairly certain.  Her plan is to try to get an idea of exactly HOW smart the little dynamo is... and possibly ask about her parents, if a way to do so becomes available with a minimum of fuss.  She just loves her to pieces!  :squee:

[*] - There will be a visitor to the mines today... and NOT one who's welcome.  Jasper Cragg, head of the Cragg Mining Company, will be popping by for a visit and to toss a few insults at his favorite target - Luther Blackwater.  As it is, Luther will show up personally to eject the scum from his quarry.  Should be fun.  ;)

[*] - Beck and Call will be assigned to clean up the rock garden (A.K.A. Chisel Black's Statuary), and would LOVE some help on that end - especially since, with help, they might happen across MORE than statues under all that ivy and moss...  :yay:

At this point, I am quite willing to hear any suggestions you folks may have for stuff (or possibly show characters) that could show up - because the rest of the plans for this day in the quarry are up in air.

@Randimaxis

Alright, got you sorted mate. ^^

Also, if you do need further help on any of the points you brought up, lemme know. I only have two chars at the moment, and one of them is gonna be asleep for a few hours more at least. i can manage a few more if needed, though of course, going to have to make a setup for them to be there int he first place.

Always have my gem vendor/construction company owner to use that could easily be there, whom would have his assistant with him. She for one would be interested in helping at the graveyard, as she likes plant samples, and Clayton would not say no to having her help where she may be needed.

Then again, I an always just make a miner OC. Just need to find a creator program and I can get to work if it was needed. Most that I have of pictures already doesn't really look like miners. Businessponies, a few snobs, inventors and mellow sorts yes, but not really miners. Well okay, this guy is technically a strong hoof who is trying to work and earn enough bits to move to somewhere where he can set up a business.

P9fqCMJ.png

Double Chow usually hunts and makes pet food, but there is an interval in his life where he would've needed capita to open shop. Mining would seem like a valid source of income.

I don't really wanna mess with cannon chars, so I'm not touching that with a forty foot pole. ^^

That being said, I aim to please. Whatever you need hombre, you got it. :)

Also would help to have our companions back again. @Hazard Time have said something (Yay!!!) but we're still missing @Mentis Soliloquy, @woodchunks66 and @cwhip9 Though my hopes are falling for the last one, as he have not been on the forums for some time.

I'll try and PM Woodchunks after this. I sorta need him to write his input in my thread as well, so two flies with one swat. :)

I'm going to try and bullrush a reply out just to keep things moving.  I've been feeling incredibly uninspired lately, and I'm not sure what I can do to cure it.  I'll be postponing the twins' introduction, since I'd rather not end up giving myself more work than I already have on my plate.

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 1

Well, gorsh, @Randi to the Maxis. Hadn't meant to rush the next day in, so much as drop that in for when ya get to it. Nor would I rightfully say I plan to be of much import. I do aim on playing the country-boy archetype here. Though all the same, as I dangled into the thread that perhaps now isn't the best time to be dropping in!

...and if you need yet more characters I do happen to have a mechanist of my own that could rightfully need parts from your establishment, well, so much as show up and demand them. But... no, no... I spread myself too thin. I've got to work first with what I've got, lest I never finish what I start.

Been a right hubub of sorting things out on my own, so my apologies if I'm a bit Off & On around here.

Like, I'm not about to just blow in and blow up as much as I can for the sake of hilarity. Which... is not something I'm going to do, of course. Yais, quite. I'm more of a Slice-Of-Life sort, really. Besides, the more characters, the more I run the risk of them interacting off each other and that I have no plans for! 

Correct me if I'm woorng here, but there's now two separate parties heading out to clean up the statuary? I see drama brewing there, I do. Don't know about bringing in another character of your own just to play off of your own already established characters. 

...But if you DO want chaos... just how high would you say the wall around the quarry is...? 

• Brohoof 1

I'm stuck in a pickle, issues with my net provider has resulted in me being stuck on my phone until the issue is fixed, hopefully on Wednesday. I don't think I could post anything decent on said phone. So bascily I'm waiting till my net is fixed.

On 1/6/2018 at 4:01 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Whatever you need hombre, you got it.

You are amazing, Blitzy.

post-36634-0-40567500-1451182147.gif.085e6060d183f27a1250a39d9e90186d.gif

On 1/6/2018 at 7:06 PM, Hazard Time said:

I'll be postponing the twins' introduction, since I'd rather not end up giving myself more work than I already have on my plate.

It's okay - no rush.  Let's work through another day or two, if you like... there's no need to stuff more OCs into the bracket of whom you have to concern yourself with yet.  Maybe you could foreshadow their arrival with a flyer that blows in with the wind... or perhaps rumours start among some of the miners.  Maybe NONE of that stuff is necessary; as I said, no rush.

4 hours ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

So basically I'm waiting till my net is fixed.

Understood, sir - I shall assume Scarlet is up and ready for the breakfast crowd, and we'll say that she performs admirably, due to her efficiency and know-how.  Of course, if you want her to have trouble, we can arrange that too... but I'll err in your favor, should it come down to such.  It seems only fair.

7 hours ago, Widdershins said:

I've got to work first with what I've got, lest I never finish what I start.

I concur - get a feel for the place first, THEN invite the neighbors; the other way around, and it looks weird when they ask where the bathroom is and you reply, "I have NO idea!"

Just sayin'.

Been a right hubub of sorting things out on my own, so my apologies if I'm a bit Off & On around here.

Do what you do; I'm in no great hurry.

Correct me if I'm woorng here, but there's now two separate parties heading out to clean up the statuary? I see drama brewing there, I do.

Sharp eye, you!  I was wondering if anyone would make the connection... indeed, it should be fun.

... just how high would you say the wall around the quarry is...?

Well, it started smaller, but as I added to the history of the place, they became a paranoid ancestor's bid for protection against nebulous forces... or, he pulled a Howard Hughes and made the quarry a fortress.  A fortress he vanished mysteriously from, no less... but that's why the walls tower up to about ten stories at the tallest point - the front gates.  In all actuality, they stretch about eight stories up at most points around the entire quarry.

• Brohoof 1

"Cold Tomato Soup" Yes... sure... that's what it is. Because ponies wouldn't have buckets of any other red stuff around.

*shudder*..... I'm having flashbacks to a movie I've never even watched! 

Aye, walls be bigger then I would have supposed.

Would take a right titanic attack to scale those.

• Brohoof 2

@woodchunks66 @Randimaxis

Bah, nonsense. We'd love you around. :D

Ziggy is going to be a little preoccupied for a bit though, as there is some Ponies at the gate that needs a check up, but she may be done soon so she can go out and find you.

However, I am not certain if her involvement will be short. Randi's story, so... Randi? Alternative way of getting Woody here into the mixture, with the tools we have at hoof?

Honestly, could be that he stumbled right towards the gate in a pretty bad shape all things considered. It would really heighten the alarm of the two guards being drugged, as it would appear that whatever perpetrator had come around, would be violent as well. Could play well into the story, no? :)

• Brohoof 2

34 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Bah, nonsense. We'd love you around. :D

Ziggy is going to be a little preoccupied for a bit though, as there is some Ponies at the gate that needs a check up, but she may be done soon so she can go out and find you.

However, I am not certain if her involvement will be short. Randi's story, so... Randi? Alternative way of getting Woody here into the mixture, with the tools we have at hoof?

Honestly, could be that he stumbled right towards the gate in a pretty bad shape all things considered. It would really heighten the alarm of the two guards being drugged, as it would appear that whatever perpetrator had come around, would be violent as well. Could play well into the story, no? :)

huh so what your saying is instead of finding Tracker out in the woods,we have him stumble to the gate , there being two guards being druged and Tracker Hoof being the only one there? Sounds interesting, so he could be accused? 

• Brohoof 1

So in a manner that is entirely in character for myself, I'm going to take back what I said and introduce the twins, hopefully on this in game day.  I just need your permission to have a rather...tumultuous introduction, as well as insight into how a runaway carriage might find itself careening into the quarry.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Hazard Time said:

insight into how a runaway carriage might find itself careening into the quarry.

GO TEAM CHAOS!  :sneer: 

Okay, so the mountain pass where the Blackwater Quarry sits is actually a path over the Crystal Mountains; any group of traveling ponies could tell you that the quarry sits more towards the middle of the path - and between the quarry and the Crystal Empire, that path becomes both narrow and steep.  If, say, a couple of ponies were making their way towards the Crystal Palace for a royal audience, and perhaps their carriage wasn't properly secured, or maybe a rogue wind, or even bad craftsmanship of the harness...

Such a treacherous slope would, at the worst possible point, mean that a carriage that got disconnected from its' driver might find itself plunging backwards down the path and careening right into the front gates, smashing to pieces... except if they were, for example, standing wide open...

... then, it would just fly right into the quarry, straight down Shed Row and over the side of the cliff at the end, where it would be thousands of feet to the ground below.  IF, of course, it didn't smash directly into the Blackwater Vault first.

Good enough for ya?  :D

Technically one could accuse him, but it would be more likely threat he would be seen as another victim, in case he is weak and/or roughed up in his looks. You can have him hurt safely too really, as there will be a doctor on sight to help things in a few seconds. :)

I considered making this roughly fit with her getting to the gate, and then Tracker showing up. What're your thoughts on it Randi?

=============================================================================

@Randimaxis @Hazard Time

Could make this event hit as well. Striker would come first, and some accusations or worried would be slung around whilst Ziggy examined the ponies at the gate and the newcomer. Then out of nowhere, RUNAWAY CARRIAGE! and they have to scatter to the sides to not get hit, before Ziggy would zoom after them to try and help them when they eventually hit something.

Basically, who wants a doctor the most of the two groups? Both potentially, but it will be up to you mostly Randi. :P I'll wait with a reply until I know, just so we can set it all right.

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Randimaxis @Hazard Time

Could make this event hit as well. Striker would come first, and some accusations or worried would be slung around whilst Ziggy examined the ponies at the gate and the newcomer. Then out of nowhere, RUNAWAY CARRIAGE! and they have to scatter to the sides to not get hit, before Ziggy would zoom after them to try and help them when they eventually hit something.

Basically, who wants a doctor the most of the two groups? Both potentially, but it will be up to you mostly Randi. :P I'll wait with a reply until I know, just so we can set it all right.

17 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

GO TEAM CHAOS!  :sneer: 

Okay, so the mountain pass where the Blackwater Quarry sits is actually a path over the Crystal Mountains; any group of traveling ponies could tell you that the quarry sits more towards the middle of the path - and between the quarry and the Crystal Empire, that path becomes both narrow and steep.  If, say, a couple of ponies were making their way towards the Crystal Palace for a royal audience, and perhaps their carriage wasn't properly secured, or maybe a rogue wind, or even bad craftsmanship of the harness...

Such a treacherous slope would, at the worst possible point, mean that a carriage that got disconnected from its' driver might find itself plunging backwards down the path and careening right into the front gates, smashing to pieces... except if they were, for example, standing wide open...

... then, it would just fly right into the quarry, straight down Shed Row and over the side of the cliff at the end, where it would be thousands of feet to the ground below.  IF, of course, it didn't smash directly into the Blackwater Vault first.

Good enough for ya?  :D

I like these ideas :P  I'll wait for everyone to be in position before I orchestrate the instance.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom   Now, hey, now. How could I possibly pass up the opportunity to violate the bodies of two other users while somehow keeping it unarguably socially appropriate? And this is completely different! I've brought it up before even!

...It involves my 80-foot scarlet Kaiju.

...I'm kidding of course. That's one of my pokemon OCs. I'd never clash fandoms like that!