Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

Few things first:

What is up wit' the posting limitations?! There's only so much you can describe, right? A simple greeting & meeting can only warrant you so many lines!

Oh, and @Randimaxis? Been wondering about how you only quote part of previous responses rather then the more simple method of Mentions. There a reasoning behind the style choice there? 

Oh, and @Hazard Time? Way I see it, its up to you to send the careening carriage into the mining facility now, me latched on top as I am. Though, admittedly that might require some cooperation with Randy about where exactly you wind up. Though... that being said... take your time there as...

Well, in about three days, I'm leaving for Japan for several months. Dunno if y'all wanna write me out or just drop everything I'm involved in for that long of a time but... uh, lemme know?

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Been wondering about how you only quote part of previous responses rather then the more simple method of Mentions. There a reasoning behind the style choice there?

The short answer?  Brevity.

The long answer?  Well, I figure you folks already know what YOU wrote, so the single line is usually a twofer:

1. It calls the person's attention to the post

2. It gives the last line mentioned, so if you read it in chunks (as I sometimes do), you'll be able to follow the conversation right from where it left off.

Going to Japan!?  LUCKY YOU!  Oh, I am officially jealous, good sir - from all I've heard from both natives and folks who've visited there, I hear it's absolutely lovely.  I certainly hope you have one heckuva time, and I present you with this HUG, valid whenever...

*HUGS*

... okay, THAT one was free; the next one is what you have the voucher for.

As for Clod's fate, we can simply put him in the mines and allow him to exist in the background, as it were; this way, when you return (and if you're still interested), he'll be available for you to RP with once more.  Sound good?

11 hours ago, WiccanAssassin said:

Can I add my oc EchoRiver. She is a traveler that would be looking for a rare type of gem in the mine.

Send me a profile or a link to one, and I'll take a look!

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

@Hazard Time

Read it! So don't you worry on that part! Just that I leave tomorrow, so I've got too little time to respond back. For months even; so unfortunately that'll have to be a line we drop for now?

Sorry that took so much time to get out, this weekend's been busy :c  Hope you don't mind me simply saying that your character just jumped off and ran away from the carriage?

• Brohoof 1

On 3/25/2018 at 5:08 PM, BloodDrops said:

can i join with my zombie pony

BloodDrops, please understand that I find you to be refreshingly blunt, hilariously brutal and amusing to watch in action...

... that being said, I have GOT to say no.

Though I respect your creativity and candor, I also admit you are rather disruptive to storylines and have a penchant to throw your weight around without paying even the slightest heed to any NPCs (or PCs) who are supposed to have authority - and I cannot have such an entity laying waste to the Blackwater Quarry and/or it's denizens.

Though I really do appreciate your interests, I have far too much experience with your particular brand of shenanigans to feel that allowing your eponymous zombie into the quarry would do the storyline, the characters OR the players any good.  

I apologize... however, that's also the caveat of playing such characters; if you're known for your disruptiveness and outlandish behavior, chances are you'll find fewer and fewer opportunities available to you.  Might be time to begin re-thinking how you interact with other roleplays, perhaps?

I thank you for your time.  *bows*

10 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

BloodDrops, please understand that I find you to be refreshingly blunt, hilariously brutal and amusing to watch in action...

... that being said, I have GOT to say no.

Though I respect your creativity and candor, I also admit you are rather disruptive to storylines and have a penchant to throw your weight around without paying even the slightest heed to any NPCs (or PCs) who are supposed to have authority - and I cannot have such an entity laying waste to the Blackwater Quarry and/or it's denizens.

Though I really do appreciate your interests, I have far too much experience with your particular brand of shenanigans to feel that allowing your eponymous zombie into the quarry would do the storyline, the characters OR the players any good.  

I apologize... however, that's also the caveat of playing such characters; if you're known for your disruptiveness and outlandish behavior, chances are you'll find fewer and fewer opportunities available to you.  Might be time to begin re-thinking how you interact with other roleplays, perhaps?

I thank you for your time.  *bows*

Zombies gonna Zombie, can't do much about that ^_^

I could always role play with her before her zombieness but then your going to have to look at posts that are highly scientific 

and her cracking science and maths puns would make you prefer her zombie counterpart 

anyway im gonna go join a more susceptible rp to my zombie shenanigans 

12 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

Zombies gonna Zombie, can't do much about that 

I very much appreciate your acceptance... and again, I want to assure you that, even if I don't feel like your Zed is appropriate here, don't let my influence change what you do with her - there's a lot of brass and bravado in BD, and I think she'd make a grand anti-hero, given the right story to inhabit.

Of course, I'm fairly certain I don't need to worry about changes; Zombie, after all, will zombie.  *headshaking chuckleshrug*

1 hour ago, Randimaxis said:

I very much appreciate your acceptance... and again, I want to assure you that, even if I don't feel like your Zed is appropriate here, don't let my influence change what you do with her - there's a lot of brass and bravado in BD, and I think she'd make a grand anti-hero, given the right story to inhabit.

Of course, I'm fairly certain I don't need to worry about changes; Zombie, after all, will zombie.  *headshaking chuckleshrug*

Nods and goes off to zombie

@Randimaxis

Spoiler

So I have caught up on the Roleplay and was wondering when I can start. I also wanted to see if FeatherTurner is a BlackWater family friend after going up and discussing multiple times on the gem and figuring out when it was her best to move up their for a short time to find the gem for Ocean Whiplash. This idea is up to you to be approved, I was just wondering if it could happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been busy... and my apologies to you for the delay.

Responses or no, I plan to reply within the next day or two - I've actually been quite busy, because Life loves to keep me on my toes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...