Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

@Blitz Boom

Living, is a debatable term. Particularly if we deign to define it by the capacity to show/react to what would be signified as such.

I'm currently job hunting to live in a foreign land. Lotta shuffling around to do. I'm currently doing this typing on a loaned library computor. If I'm lucky, it'll be at least a month till I can be back on the forums reliably, and that's depending on if I can afford my own comp by then. Would kinda like a bed before then.

Iffen ya wanna keep tabs on me, that's what me homepage here is all for! See y'all when I kin see ya!

Hey @Randimaxis good news: @woodchunks66 is back. I made sure to tell him in the other RP that we've been expecting him here too. :) Hopefully if he gets something down, it will toggle a post by our resident GM, who sits on his mountain of unseen plotpoints, laughing at us who cannot see what he hides in his lofty realm. :P

Basically, this is how I see Randi, all the time:

tenor.gif?itemid=4145122

It's eerie really. I can even hear the laughter. :D

Okay... trying to figure out if there's still enough interest here to continue, or if I should reboot or not... or even just ending it all together.

Since I'm NOT keen on the last option, what say you folks about the others?

1 minute ago, Randimaxis said:

Okay... trying to figure out if there's still enough interest here to continue, or if I should reboot or not... or even just ending it all together.

Since I'm NOT keen on the last option, what say you folks about the others?

Me and @Blitz Boom are still here!

4 hours ago, MisterRe said:

Any available space? Or no.

Well, if it's okay, we'd like to see what you want to bring into the game.

Tell me a bit about your character, and how you'd like to see them fit into the Blackwater Quarry?

(edited)
12 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

Well, if it's okay, we'd like to see what you want to bring into the game.

Tell me a bit about your character, and how you'd like to see them fit into the Blackwater Quarry?

Her name is Corner's and just that. She's essentially a squatter in the Quarry and often responsible of stealing tools, food and other supplies but strangely enough no gems. The reason she hasn't been caught yet is no pony recently has seen her in true form. Corner's is  vanilla cream pony with golden eyes a box for a cutie mark but her whole exterior is covered up by a box. She's agoraphobic and copes with it using a box

Untitled.png

How she fits is: she could easily spy on backwater employees and family members. If she ever got caught, she has leverage against them. Also could interact with other players if they see her.

Edited by MisterRe
Fear change to make it right.

Based on concept alone, Corner sounds intriguing... in fact, I have a few ideas in mind already...

However, first I have to ask the players what they think; I always do.  

So, whaddya think, folks?  Sound like Corner is a winner?  Want more background?  Questions?  Comments?  Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream?

@MisterRe, if you'd be so kind as to answer their questions, we'll see where we go from here.  B)

(edited)

@Randimaxis @MisterRe

Well, it depends. Will Corner get miffed at the fact that I think Blitz stole one of her crates when she broke into the quarry? :lie: In her defense, she's crazy, and didn't know it belonged to anypony.

If that's not going to get Blitz lynched (Let's be honest, Mr. Blackwater will have her hide first) I see no issue. The quarry could use a little more mystery and chaos. :) Somepony nicking things and staying hidden seems like a fun way to go about it.

Oh wait, I do have one question. When you say Corner is Claustrophobic and uses a box to cope, are you sure you don't mean Agoraphobic? Claustrophobia is a fear of small, locked spaces, while agoraphobia is a fear of open spaces. like the outdoors. Wouldn't the box feel like a prison for her, more than a coping mechanism? Or is the box meant as what you consider her *home* which is somewhat movable and doesn't cover all angles, and therefor less challenging for her phobia than say, a shed?

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

I meant agoraphobic. Claustrophobia is the default when I think about it. My bad in all honesty. Corners won't mind unless you actually take the box from her body. If she's inside, be ready for an angry small mare to fight you over the box. She likes the company of crates though should be deep in the mines when sleeps. Corners knows better to sleep in a publicly used area.

@MisterRe

Sooo, what you're really saying, is that if Corner got spotted and somepony tried to get her out, we'd end up fighting a box, Solid Snake style?

...The only thing we need now is Link, thinking the crates hold rupees, and this would be heaven. :D

She'll run first. But if you corner Corners, and her name is pronounced Corners, not Corner(Sounds better that way), she is going to fight you. Also, her box has a metal lining on the inside, so link is going to have a big problem from an angry mare if struck.

"Her home upon her head, upside down her home turns into a bed. She roams the land intent to shed, each location she must find a new, continue on her journey through and through, leave boxes behind to leave a clue. For her belief, inert agreed that one day the squares will give her relief."

@Randimaxis @MisterRe

After the disaster that happened in the quarry the day before (in RP time) a shipment today would be feasible to happen. The quarry would need medical supplies, dry wood, and some bits and bops here and there to replace or fix up the things that got destroyed in the small flood and fire combo happening. Corner could hide in a box mixing in with anything from band-aids, to food, tools, hinges or dry-wood of some kind. It would be easy to set her up, and nearly impossible to say for sure where she came from originally, in case anypony in the mine attempts to backtrack and find some clues. :)

===========================================================================================================

@Hazard Time

Huh, so that's what happened to that pint of blood I lost earlier. :P

Hehe, kidding aside, it's a real nice picture, and really screams *bad news*. A good artist you commissioned to do that one.

• Brohoof 1