Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

@@Randimaxis,

Mate, you're slipping into godmodding again. :) Internal dialogue and thoughts are a mine field to traverse, and you just stepped on one. Here, allow me to fix the paragraph you wrote a bit. ^^

This kind of behaviour, she could expect from Redd - he was always a sourpuss, NEVER accepted any of Ziggy's hugs, and was a smarmy, self-important and insufferable pain in the flank - but Knee Slapper was always such a nice stallion; he may have been an incurable practical jokester, but he'd never really HURT anypony... at least, not as far as Ziggy would know.

This way, you just restrict the amount of information she have access to regarding your NPC (and add a layer of "There might be another side to him"), instead of controlling what she thinks about the situation. :) It's a minor distinction, and it's mostly in thw wording, but I figured it was best to take it in the buds. ^_^

Or you know, you could end it like "but he'd never really HURT anypony... Right?" As that is just a statement, and not a control of anything OC related. Plus, it's a bit ominous. :3

• Brohoof 1

Again, my apologies - I was simply trying to have a running commentary for folks to follow, but I didn't realize I'd done that.  Again.  *faceplam*

I'm willing to amend it; simply tell me how you'd rather have it read - I'll make the edit.

Getting it done.  Hold, please.

Edited.  Fixed.  Again, I am so sorry.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'm Marxyhooves and @Randimaxis was kind enough to extend an invitation for me to join in with the OC I made for Equestrian Empire, which should be linked in the signature, provided I've gotten it to work correctly. To make a long OC description short, Ivan Durakovich Ponihuiplet is a well intentioned, somewhat dull, former guard from Stalliongrad (Although, I use 'guard' in the loosest possible sense...) and had come to the main part of Equestria to join the proper Royal Guard, only to find his appication had been 'lost' for some reason and suddenly found himself wanting work. Since @Randimaxis was kind enough to mention this RP to me, I've given it a read, and I would be very excited to join in. This kind of job seems exactly the sort of thing Ivan would be looking for now that his plans for the guard have hit a temporary snag. If anyone can think of a good opportunity for Ivan to make an entrance, or just feels like bumping into him as he makes his way towards the quarry, do please feel free to say so, or send me a Message if you'd like.

I'm still pretty new on the site and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and RPing together. Again, the full background for Ivan should be linked in my signature, if not, do please let me know so that I can fix that,

Kind Regards,

Marxyhooves

• Brohoof 2

@@Blitz Boom,

It is very nice to meet you as well! I can't wait to see what Ziggy makes of Ivan's attention to personal cleanliness, hopefully, she will meet him outside of her office as, if he manages to make his way inside, she will probably have to burn the building down before she can consider it to the sterile again...

Anyone please feel free to message me if they want to ask any questions about my OC or if they would like to plan anything that might require any degree of coordination on my part! I'm really entirely open to any suggestions you all might have to make, or any suggestions for general improvement as well!

Nice to meet all of you!

Regards,

Marxyhooves

Edited by Marxyhooves

Hello everyone.

It turns out that my flight hrome to the UK was today not tomorrow! So, after a somewhat stressful, and occasionally harrowing mad dash to the airport, I'm now sitting in a very uncomfortable seat, feeling self-concious about my weight, waiting for takeoff.

The point I am struggling to reach is that, while I am out of the United States, my access to the Internet will be sporadic at best, and so I might fall somewhat behind in posting.

If I do end up falling by the wayside a bit, I just want to firstly, to apologiese in advance for the inconvenience this may cause people. Secondly, I wanted to give everyone permission to just sort of ignore or write around my OC, rather than just wait around awkwardly for me to post.

Anyway, I'll try and pop back online when I can for the next few days. For the time being, I've managed to finally remove by shoes, and have nothing left to do but sit... well, not really so much as 'back and relax'... more straight up and awkwardky... And get stuck into my lovely new book! "Revolutions and Revolutionary Movements: The Fourth Edition" by James Defronzo, which is shaping up to be an excellent read.

Anyway, just wanted to explain a sudden drop in my rate of posting for a few days, I hope you are all well, and I look forward to getting back in the swing of things when I return.

Kind Regards,

Marxyhooves

• Brohoof 3

Incoming artwork!

Check out Vylia, drawn by @Teensy; quite nice, I thought.

post-34233-0-16179200-1456081659_thumb.jpg

[GRATUITOUS PLUG]

Hey, @Teensy's has an art request shop, don'cha know?  

https://mlpforums.com/topic/147703-opening-requests/

(Hey, the artwork was free; the least I can do is spread the word.)

• Brohoof 1

Copper had a little problem with his old job at the Ponyville Mail Service, so he decides to take a break from the job.  He hears about the Blackwaters and the mining and decides to join up.  Link is in sig for those who want to know about him first.

• Brohoof 1

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to write a quick post saying that I have returned to the US and will be happy to post again as soon as it's my turn...

One thing I was wondering, from what I understand, @@Randimaxis, has just had Luther Blackwater send my OC, Ivan, of to find another of Randimaxis's OCs, Knee-Slapper, who is currently indisposed with a few other ponies, along with the OC belonging to@@Blitz Boom, Ziggy...

An idea I had was that, in the time between my last post and the current one, where it seems that the foreponies, Oglevy, and Ziggy, seem to have finally gotten a handle on things, Ivan might have made his way over to the shed where they all are, seeing as he had been told to go and look for Knee-Slapper.

Now, seeing as what Knee-Slapper and the others have been doing with Oglevy is something all parties concerned would probably like to keep quiet, and also something that Luther Blackwater could, conceivably, react extremely poorly to if he were to find out...

Well, if a large pony, that none of them knew, with a menacing Stalliongradi (i.e. Russian) accent suddenly appeared outside, banging on the door, and loudly announcing that Luther Blackwater had sent him to have a conversation with Knee-Slapper...

Well, not that Ivan would mean conversation as some kind of artful euphemism for violence or anything like that, but I'm not sure that any of the ponies in the shack would have any way of knowing this. Seeing as Ivan would have caught them all with their, proverbial, trousers down, it might make for an amusing scene.

Of course, Ivan would have no idea that anything was particualrly out of the ordinary. It is Ivan's first day on the job after all. And Ivan is not a particularly deep thinker.

Either way, I think it could have potential to be an amusing situation. Let me know if either of you, @Randimaxis and @Blitz Boom, think that sounds plausible...

Kind Regards,

Marxyhooves

• Brohoof 1

I have posted.

I hope I've not done it out of turn. This one took a while to write, and I hope I haven't fudged the continuity too badly... I figured that some indeterminate amount of time would have passed between Ivan being hired by Luther Blackwater and him managing to track down the shack Knee-Slapper and the others are in. Let me know if I've overdone it at all, and if so I'll dial it back. As it stands, I was asked to provide context for glorious chaos... The rest is up to you @Randimaxis and @Blitz Boom as to how Knee-Slapper, Red Handid, Oglevy, and Ziggy will react...

I've no doubt that Ivan's earnest intentions will come through clearly, and with no misunderstandings whatsoever...

Or they'll all freak out or something. I'm honestly really looking forward to how they all handle this.

post-37391-0-45339000-1456197185.gif

Kind Regards,

Marxyhooves

P.S. Bonus points for anyone who spots the terrible, terrible pun I discretely slipped into the post in question.

Edited by Marxyhooves
  • Brohoof 2

Been busy - I shall have a response to you coming up soon.  I'll bump it forward in the queue.  *chuckle*

• Brohoof 2

@DwhitetheGamer@Blitz Boom@Marxyhooves@Mentis Soliloquy@cwhip9...

Just thought I'd mention: 

Now that things are on fire, SOMEPONY is going to have to answer to Luther for this fiasco.

Have fun deciding which one of you it'll be... heh heh heh... *wrings hands*

• Brohoof 1