Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

No song - I just made up something on the spot; didn't really fit anything I'd heard before, it was just one of those mosaic musicals, so to speak.  *chuckle*

• Brohoof 2

(Consider this "a taste of things to come"...)

[THE FOREFRONT OF MODERN MINING - WITH EXPERIENCE TO SPARE]

Tired of gemstones cut with sub-par quality or polished to only a dull finish?

Perhaps you simply don't like entrenched distributors, or need something with more MODERN style?

Are you looking for exquisite beauty that WON'T cost you every bit you own?

Then YOU are looking for the services of the

CRAGG MINING COMPANY

With the backing of state-of-the-art mechanical marvels, we put all competition to shame.

Better quality - Better value - Better gemstones

Don't allow the current status quo to dictate where you buy your precious stones from!

Jasper Cragg has been in the mining industry all of his life, and is proud to bring his diligence, determination and his own particular brand of quality to full focus on ensuring that the stones you purchase today will be your family's priceless heirlooms of tomorrow.

Don't wait!

Set up an appointment today, and come see for yourself how our quarry is run - and learn why other, less-reputable quarry companies are simply

CHOMPING AT THE BIT

to try to outdo us... and why they'll NEVER be as right and regal as your humble servants at

The CRAGG Mining Company

~Rock-Steady Quality & Rock-Bottom Prices~

Articles subject to change as situations beyond Cragg Mining Co. and its capability to control such occur.  Cragg Mining Co. assumes no responsibility for any post-consumer discoveries or mishaps on the part of the consumer; all sales are final and binding.  Upon agreement of payments owed or soon to be owed to Cragg Mining Co., interest will begin accruing cumulatively on extended contracts at roughly the rate of 2.5% after the first day.  Cragg Mining Co. accepts no liability for any injuries or supposed falsehoods experienced by the consumer, and is well-documented for having an impressive legal team at its' beck and call.  Cragg Mining Co. will shred both YOU and your little 'reputation' in a court case, and you'll be left weeping in abject misery as the jailers take you away while our lawyer team will get yet another victory bonus directly from the company's coffers.  Void where prohibited.  No purchase necessary... but we prefer it.  Don't eat the yellow snow.  My uncle used to love me, but she died.  Ever notice how the fine print just seems to keep going on and on and on and on and on?  I mean, like, it's freaky-weird, do you know what I mean?

• Brohoof 3

@Randimaxis

Man, Cragg seems like a scumbag and a charlatan. No business that sells wares that's any good will include the line *all sales final*. Well played with this one Randi. :) I hate him already. ^^

Question though, Is this mine anywhere near the Blackwater quarry? Just thinking if somepony went to Cragg to get gems, noticed how it was a scam and didn't want the travel to be wasted, they might go to a relatively nearby one instead, regardless of stories surrounding the family name. Just wanna be sure in case. :)

Also, good to see some life here in the OOC from you and @Hazard Time  It have been a bit quiet recently. :D

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Usually, I wait for three replies before I do the thing... but seeing as we seem to be running short, I'll reply by tonight to those whom have responded.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My apologies for my absence as of late - I've just been tired.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:13 PM, Widdershins said:

?

You're welcome to go ahead and post; in fact, if you're arriving at night (current storyline), you would notice something very strange...

PM me if you're interested, or go right ahead and post if you aren't.  Either way, be my guest.

And I'll be responding to the last few posters soon enough; since Hazard's been busy, I figure it'd be okay for the arc with Carnelian and Key to simply run in the background for a bit... or at least until HzT gets things squared away with exams and such.

As for cwhip, I'd say Crescent probably covered up Echo and went to sleep himself, possibly in a chair (he strikes me as the kind to let her take the bed alone, such a gentlecolt) - and they can run in the backlot too, so to speak.

As Mentis has been in and out lately, we can slide the cook into the background for now, too.  No worries.

• Brohoof 2

18 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

And I'll be responding to the last few posters soon enough; since Hazard's been busy, I figure it'd be okay for the arc with Carnelian and Key to simply run in the background for a bit... or at least until HzT gets things squared away with exams and such.

Yeah, I shouldn't have too many excuses not to start posting more since exams are over and winter break is here.  However, at the same time, I've also starting GMing a Pathfinder campaign with friends, and the notes I'm taking are about as time consuming as my schoolwork was.  I have plans to put out replies to the threads that I owe one to today, I'm just not sure how much energy I'll be able to muster.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom So, uh, the embarrassing part is that I, ah, already did get an answer... heh. It's just taken me the better part of two months or more to work up the courage to throw something together what with getting used to a high energy job and....OH CRUMB! IS THAT LIBRARY BOOK DUE ALREADY?! WHAT ABOUT THE BOOK CLUB!??!...

*dashes off for a moment*

*distant sounds*                        Three Days?!!? During work!??! I haven't even had time to read much less... where's my phone? That needs...

Oh? I left my typing on there for a bit.

So how about this, @Randimaxis? I make my post like he's arriving against the morning sun on his back and we treat it like next day? Work it as a sort of parallel? That way everyauthor gets to do their own thing and we need only worry about synchronizing things when we meet? Like, posts aren't gonna go anywhere and we can write about them when we get to them. If one guy does his responses every two weeks while another does so once a week and another is responding to both, there's no harm in just doing what you do when ya notice it then doin' it, right?              ....okay, maybe I oughten't be typing while past my bedtime.

I'll wake up early tomorrow and make my post about morning then?

Edited by Widdershins
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Randimaxis

Yeah, I am. So sorry boss for not replying yet. Had some days of... Well okay, I was goofing around and lost track of time, but i had a good excuse prepped in my head, I swear it.

I just have one more post on my own to make, and I'll get this one sorted sometimes tonight. If I can just get away from this game... Darn you internet for hooking me on addictive games!

P.S. .Nice Christmas hat you got there, Mr. Blackwater. :D

Edited by Blitz Boom
Edit for moral reasons. Game mentioned got disturbing.
  • Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis

He was  on a trek and got lost...he been out in the wilderness for days then he stumbles upon the quarry,he need food and shelter,he offers to work until he is back on his feet!

Also thanks @Blitz Boom for the advice 

Edited by woodchunks66
  • Brohoof 2

Pardon me for taking so long to get back to you, @woodchunks66; 'tis the season to be busy!

Anyhoo, I suppose that could be a decent means for an introduction.  Now, what sort of stuff would you want to do, and are there any specific characters you'd like to interact with?  (PC or NPC)

• Brohoof 1

Then let me ask this:

Who should be the one to find him?

(This one needs an answer, so I can figure out where to go from there.) 

@RandimaxisMaybe Dax finds him and brings him to his dad,his dads angry because he brought a complete stranger to the qurray and then Tracker makes his offer to work! How does that sound?

Also sorry for not getting back to you fast