Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Hazard Time said:

Do you want the tarot reading to be done, all at once, or should I give you time to react to each card?

I suppose that depends on how 'theatrical' her readings are; would she build up suspense & intrigue card-by-card, or would she read them all first and interpret the whole?

Just now, Randimaxis said:

I suppose that depends on how 'theatrical' her readings are; would she build up suspense & intrigue card-by-card, or would she read them all first and interpret the whole?

She goes card by card, explaining the significance of each card, leaving the interpretation up to her client.

So...

Since I'm here, I'll say that I do have a few ideas that are upcoming - one of which, I want a general opinion on.  I like having input on decisions, and the decision I've been pondering lately has been difficult enough to warrant asking for all of your opinions:

Who should be the NEXT cameo appearance?

If you folks read the whole roleplay (and for those who've been here that long), there was a point I brought in a friend to roleplay as Flim & Flam - and they had a blast, as well as providing a nifty interactive event to be a part of.  I'd like to do that again, if it's okay with you fine Ponyites?

So, the question is... IF there was to be a show character brought in for a cameo appearance, WHO would you want and WHY?  (Please explain your choices, so I can consider your reasoning with my own.)

I have a few ideas for specific characters... but I want your opinions first, as we may already be on the same page!

Okay, then - regale me, my fine friends!

1 hour ago, Randimaxis said:

So...

Since I'm here, I'll say that I do have a few ideas that are upcoming - one of which, I want a general opinion on.  I like having input on decisions, and the decision I've been pondering lately has been difficult enough to warrant asking for all of your opinions:

Who should be the NEXT cameo appearance?

If you folks read the whole roleplay (and for those who've been here that long), there was a point I brought in a friend to roleplay as Flim & Flam - and they had a blast, as well as providing a nifty interactive event to be a part of.  I'd like to do that again, if it's okay with you fine Ponyites?

So, the question is... IF there was to be a show character brought in for a cameo appearance, WHO would you want and WHY?  (Please explain your choices, so I can consider your reasoning with my own.)

I have a few ideas for specific characters... but I want your opinions first, as we may already be on the same page!

Okay, then - regale me, my fine friends!

I don't have an idea which character to have visit, but I certainly don't mind!

5 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

So... anyone surprised at Luther's smile?

You'll have to excuse me, since I usually only read the posts addressed to me and ignore the rest in order to prevent metagaming on my end.  After reading it, though...it is certainly a curious occurrence.  :darling:

• Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis

Shocked, flabbergasted, and completely turned around! Luther smiling is the sign of the end days. :)

Heh  I thought it was kinda cute  and as you said, unexpected. Didn't think I'd ever see that honestly.

Oh, and as for cameos (missed that one earlier whoops) I welcome the idea, though who to have visit I don't know. I don't follow the show,  so what I know come mainly from the wiki  and that doesn't really say who'd be most likely to show up for a quarry.

...One of the princesses maybe, there to get a large shipment of jade for a project? Or an envoy of them at least. Might not be needed if I remember your story with Illiad correctly though, but the well's running a bit dry on this one I'm afraid. :(

• Brohoof 2

@Randimaxis

I can't say I know too many of the canon characters that would even be relevant to the quarry. Especially to just be visiting. And having a princess show up would just have too much nobility on the scene at one time.

Maybe we find who will be writing the cameo, and let them decide who they'd like to bring in.

@Blitz Boom

As to Illiad's involvement, the quarry is considered a protectorate state of Equestria, so the princesses do still have power over them.

My opinion, we need someone to stir up trouble, bring all our characters together rather than have them all off doing their own things. As it is it's basically the three of us doing 1x1 with Randimaxis, rather than a group RP.

But of course this trouble should come after the plot points we already have in motion.

Which gives me an idea. The canon character has the perfect moment to come in at the party that @Hazard Time is planning! Then we could easily have just about anyone who has no business being on a quarry, while also giving them special attention. A noblepony looking to sabotage the quarry perhaps?

Anyway, them's my thoughts.

• Brohoof 2

On 11/30/2018 at 9:55 AM, Randimaxis said:

On 12/3/2018 at 7:16 AM, Illiad Easle said:

My opinion, we need someone to stir up trouble, bring all our characters together rather than have them all off doing their own things. As it is it's basically the three of us doing 1x1 with Randimaxis, rather than a group RP.

But of course this trouble should come after the plot points we already have in motion.

On 12/3/2018 at 7:16 AM, Illiad Easle said:

just about anyone who has no business being on a quarry, while also giving them special attention.

*Long ears wildly flapping at wide angles like Semaphore flags*

I have been endeavoring to ascertain a spot back in here again...

... If I... May be. Of Aid.~

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

An update to what I said before...

So I'm looking to get an appointment with my doctor, because recent intestinal distress has made my life pain and drained all my passion for anything and everything creative.  I'm going to be a while, sorry for the wait.

1 hour ago, Hazard Time said:

So I'm looking to get an appointment with my doctor, because recent intestinal distress has made my life pain and drained all my passion for anything and everything creative. 

I understand; we can go on, and simply resolve what's happening with your characters when you feel better.  Focus on YOU, my friend - hope you get to feeling better soon.

Update here!

So I got an appointment the day after my last post, and it appears to have been nothing serious.  After a few days and a change in my diet, things have improved and I'm feeling well enough to write again.  I'm getting out a reply as we speak.

So, hopefully we can work out ways to get you folks working with each other as well as myself - this IS supposed to be a group RP, as Illaid pointed out.

Not that I mind, honestly - I have  loving feelings of great power  for each one of you, as well as your OCs... but it would be nifty to see what kinds of stuff your OCs would say to each other regarding the quarry & its' residents.

As for the cameo... I actually do feel as though there could be room for someone to show at the upcoming gala, and I have some ideas as to whom.  Perhaps even... whomes?

No spoilers.  ;)

@Randimaxis

I imagine that Blitz will be more familiarized with the quarry once she have shown her work to Luther. And as for Ziggy, I look forward to interaction too. Especially with the Baroness. Let's see what she thinks of a filly who won't shut up unless you speak with her, and a zegasus prone to hugging random folks. :P

Also  since it's the big day here in Denmark: Merry Christmas everyone. :)

Edited by Blitz Boom

• 2 weeks later...