Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

@Randimaxis @cwhip9

It's on top of a mountain, far as I've understood by the posts. At the blast site. And the damage is quite severe, with a deep crack running down said mountain, from what I remember.

========================================

When the dust and smoke cleared away, what was left behind was something to think about; the mountain itself, beneath the blasting site, now had a huge crack running through it!  There was a bowl of pulverized stone where the flat ground used to be, and the massive crack in the stone extended out past the natural barrier walls (which were also cracked and damaged) and down the side of the mountain itself.  It was as if a humongous hammer had been slammed down onto the mountaintop, and whoever had held that hammer had been angry!

========================================

That's a quote from the post. Should cover it.

• 3 weeks later...

So where was I last in this continuity, @Randimaxis? Shall I just have Clod Hopper walk back out of the mine again? Resume where I left off and have whomever feels up to it respond back? Or shall I start all over again with perhaps a different character?

Ambie is kind of my mainstay for RP purposes, thought I did pick ol' Clod because he'd fit better into a work-centric environment.

Who's still in the RP nowadays? Shalt I just start in?

1 hour ago, Widdershins said:

Shall I just have Clod Hopper walk back out of the mine again? Resume where I left off and have whomever feels up to it respond back? Or shall I start all over again with perhaps a different character?  Who's still in the RP nowadays? Shalt I just start in?

Sure; sounds good; if you like; Blitz, Illiad and cwhip, as it appears Hazard has unfortunately left us; as you wish.  }:)

• 2 weeks later...

@Randimaxis

Whoops, hadn't seen anything written here, but sure @Widdershins, it sounds good. :) Sad that we got left behind by Hazard, but we'll just have to... I dunno, write in that she had to leave on emergency business, and if she ever returns, then take things from there.

As for the psychics... I think treat them as NPC's, and have them goung to the side for a while for some off screen stuff, and if Hazard ever gets the spark again, we can just take them up again. Not sure what your take is on that though, @Randimaxis? We still have to keep it moving after all. :)

@Illiad Easle and @cwhip9, your inputs?

Also, Happy New Years!

00ed7ea3401fe1605ecaffeca76dc7ec.gif

• Brohoof 2

@Randimaxis

...The amount of... Colons... in that box... wounds me. 

I have this dreadful sense that all of that grammatically worked out somehow. This sense of Order disturbs me.

Ooh! Yeah! Happy Year 2020 Everybeing! Maybe we'll get a Y22k bug!!

Oh,a nd that reminds me, Randy to the Maxis! I sent that letter off to you like I said you would! …*cough* a while ago, so hope you look forward to it getting there!

Hmm, what to do in the RP though...

8 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Oh,a nd that reminds me, Randy to the Maxis! I sent that letter off to you like I said you would! …*cough* a while ago, so hope you look forward to it getting there!

IT GOT HERE!  IT DID!  Like... two days ago, BUT IT DID!  

Thank you for the kind letter, good sir - and your penmanship is quite nice, might I add!  I do so LOVE getting things in the mail!

Speaking of which...

I am going to endeavor to send the package I've been TRYING to get to you for... what, two years, now?  Since I have the address on the envelope, I can now take THAT to the post office & ask them to send it THERE, so there's no more confusion.  Hopefully, the third time's the charm!

As for what to do in the roleplay, well... if you want my advice, I'd look through the Staff List, pick someone who isn't currently IN the RP, and set your targets on them; I can easily switch between characters (as you've all seen), and I'd be glad to simply put another shrimp on the proverbial barby, so to speak.  Plus, there's always the Cragg Mining Company, of course.  I DO plan to have them more fully introduced later... as well as reveal the reason the gates keep getting left open... when things get to that point.

And as for Carnelian and Key... well, I've gotten enough of an impression of them to do them justice, but they'll be background/tertiary characters until either A: @Hazard Time comes back (here's hoping), or B: I'm given direct permission from him to take them over.  (Ask @Blitz Boom; I try to be as accurate as I can when using someone else's OCs.)  As for the fortune tellers, they will probably end up simply going on their way after their wagon gets fixed; they're adorable, but I really didn't get enough of an impression to accurately portray them.

2020 - yes, it's here... and I hope it becomes everything y'all wish it to be.  :squee:  Now, as soon as Widdy-Shinny posts, I believe it shall be time to go on with the story.

@Randimaxis @Widdershins @Blitz Boom

I'm really sorry to everyone I've held up.  It's ironic that on the day I finally got the force of will to come back was the day that everyone decided I was AWOL.  Don't worry, I have no hard feelings about that, I have been forcing people to wait on me.

I'm going to try and force a response out right now, however I leave it up to you what should be done.  This can't keep happening, and I'm worried that I simply can't keep the promise I made.  You were gracious enough to give two months to gather the inspiration to write again, and it never came.  I don't mind if my OCs are turned into NPCs, and I have email notifications on, so I should receive any PMs sent if asked for guidance.

@Hazard Time

Oh hey, looks who's still breathing: :D Hehe.

I just have a small addition to this basically, as Randi's suggestion seems fine to me. That being that I believe that perhaps a hiatus for an undetermined amount of time, where we treat your characters as NPC's, would help ease your mind, and eventually perhaps reignite the spark.

I've known quite a few RP'ers in my day who tried to push for something, or felt burdened when they were late with things, and it ruined the enjoyment for them. Burned them out one might say, and the best thing for all always seemed to just be to take off for a while, without feeling like they were expected to come back, and eventually some of them would find that spark again.

I think that could fit you, seeing how well you did for a while, but if it just never comes back to it, we'll still try and do it all justice. Randi's pretty solid on getting the character right, as he have with Ziggy, when he used her for his fanfic with Illiad some time back, so you can trust him to carry on the legacy, even if it won't be permanent. :) Though fair warning, half a year, and I'm having Carnelian getting stalked by a lovesick deer or something, just for the fun of it. :P Muahahaha! :D

@Blitz Boom

@Randimaxisand I actually discussed this in private.  After today's posting, I will be relinquishing control of my OCs temporarily to him, and I'll simply be here to answer questions.  If I ever get the muse back, I'll make my return, and if Randi decides to delegate out roles, then I am okay with that as well.

@Hazard Time

Alright then, best of luck onwards mate, and I hope we'll see you back eventually. :D I repeat though, six months, and then something's gonna happen. Considering fetching Ziggy's pet from the other RP to mess with Carnilian if it were instead. She's a devious little thing that likes to steal food and mess with others mostly for the laughs. *laughs in evil squirrel squeaks*

• Brohoof 1

Ummmm... if I may?

I was feeling a bit like reading, so I did a thing.  I'd really appreciate some feedback, as I'm considering doing this bit by bit, and would be interested to hear if you folks think I have what it takes to do the rest... and perhaps I'd even take some suggestions, if there are any?

Here ya go; n-joi.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lKeVQRwKYJNllBgQsi4ACPQrV1fn8N-Y?usp=sharing

Please, let me know what you folks think - it's a reading of the first TBQ post.

@Randimaxis

That's your voice? Dude, you're made for stuff like this. :D Crisp reading, right perfect sort of voice for this, and honestly, if you told me that you had published audible books before from when I went to school (where these sorts of things on tapes were abundant in the library) I would believe you. This stuff's spot on. :D

8 hours ago, Hazard Time said:

As someone who listens to Audible a lot, I'm very impressed!

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

That's your voice? Dude, you're made for stuff like this.

*chuckleblushThank you; one is glad to be of service.  Your kind words mean so much to me, and I don't believe I could ever thank you enough!  *humble bow*

I guess not many folks notice, but I've been reading for the Golden Oak Library here for a few months; if you liked that, perhaps I could direct your attention to the series I've been reading for the past while?  It's one of my favorite fanfics, and it hasn't gotten much attention yet... my reading of Fallout: Equestria.

You don't HAVE to go listen to it... but this humble reader would very much appreciate if y'all at least gave it a try:

https://mlpforums.com/event-team/golden-oaks-memorial-library/pony-fanfiction/fallout-equestria-introduction-and-prologue-r14/

(The nine-minute intro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha52rEkfwbk

(Chapter One)

There are other chapters, too... but you don't have to listen to them all; I'm only up to Chapter 12, at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

So, left a few points to pick up on with Clod Hopper there.

!. That he's cutting a rather picturesque, strong & stoic pose against the sun at the head of the mines, should anypony be susceptible to strong, sweating stallions.

@. That the back blanket he never takes off is clearly hiding something. Specifically, his small, atrophied wings that he's ashamed of.

and Number #. That he's a bit too steeped in country honor & tradition to have much room for thinking for himself. If any Forepony raises issue with him not doing another job he should clearly be doing or any passing mare that wishes to distract him (Gosh, wonder why I keep wandering back to Romance plotlines? Hmm?) will be met with brutal honesty at his incapacity to conceive of not working. 

• Brohoof 1

On 12/31/2019 at 2:10 PM, Blitz Boom said:

@Randimaxis

Whoops, hadn't seen anything written here, but sure @Widdershins, it sounds good. :) Sad that we got left behind by Hazard, but we'll just have to... I dunno, write in that she had to leave on emergency business, and if she ever returns, then take things from there.

As for the psychics... I think treat them as NPC's, and have them goung to the side for a while for some off screen stuff, and if Hazard ever gets the spark again, we can just take them up again. Not sure what your take is on that though, @Randimaxis? We still have to keep it moving after all. :)

@Illiad Easle and @cwhip9, your inputs?

Also, Happy New Years!

00ed7ea3401fe1605ecaffeca76dc7ec.gif

cresent interacting with a psychic would be intersting XD espically with his hole vampire in hiding thing going on also happy new year!!!

Okay... I'm going to reply to whomever has posted this coming weekend; if you haven't responded, it's okay - I can catch you in the next round, but just a heads up to whomever hasn't replied yet.

@Widdershins, that means you, buddy.  If you're not feeling up to it, s'okay; as I said, we can pick you up next go-round.

(But I'd really like to play with Clod some more!)

Sorry, i've been out of sorts and... unbalanced as of late. Got a lot to sort of with my health and where I'm working... but I liked where we're going! I'll set some time aside to respond! Thank you much for playing with me!

...now if you'll excuse me. I need to go on a pokemon rant in my status update.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:57 AM, Widdershins said:

Sorry, I've been out of sorts and... unbalanced as of late.

It's okay; even if I don't respond to you in this particular block, we can pick up right where we left off if you reply before the next one.

Huh. Hey, @Randimaxis?

He currently had a clipboard on some sort of spring-loaded device around his neck, and was writing with a pencil in his teeth.  

That's really cool! Never would have thought of that, a springy, neck-prop-worn clipboard for non-magical ponies to write upon. That totally feels in character with technology in Equestria, even if that's never been shown in the show. That's an interesting, clever way to play with the liberties of the show for something so small, that's pretty inspiring, that!

Oh, and yes, I just made a Pokemon reference in my post. Lol.

Another thing.... " A Sturdy Buck?!!?" I might have to check the grammer on that Fandom Term! An action portrayed as a Noun?! What phraseology could you be utilizing, hmm?! 

Hee, I kid!

Also, did want to chirp up that, while I have no plans to, I do look forward to interacting with Oglevey & Vlyia when time comes!

Oh you, and your thing for "Strong, Independent Mares!"

Hey! Least I don't wanna play with a colt just because his name is silly!

Hey now! Don't make me pull up your F'Nart folder of Limestone Pie!

You don't have acess to th-! Get back here!

*Mental Slapfight ensues*