Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

@Illiad Easle

Built to last? Would that mean myself in RP'ing? Or are you referring to either one of my OC's if they can handle the hard labor that is, working in a quarry. Well, I plan to use my earth pony OC for this. I plan on revamping her backstory to better suit on how she arrived at such place.

As for me in RP's, I have my experience with them, and walls of text usually pose no problem to me, as I am rather accustomed to it.

Edited by Flow

@Flow

Quarry does have a doctor, as were eluded to, who is basically staying there around... 90% of her time, if not more, to make sure there's always someone there to care for folks. It wouldn't be unwelcome to get a bit of help on some more rough days, like for instance the one who were there a day or two earlier in RP time, where there were a lot of scalding victims.

I don't think Luther would bring in a second doctor just for situations where there might be usage for an extra one day, when he have seen Ziggy have been able to manage so far on her own. So Love Bloom would need to be in some sort of dual usage position more than likely.

A minus against her too, would be the mention of working conditions, which smells a bit like she'd try to make a union rise up. If I understand things right, Luther might personally kick her out himself if he saw something like that, so that is something to keep in mind. :)

Now personally, I would suggest she perhaps came in as kitchen personnel in some fashion, and then helped Ziggy out the first time a larger accident happened, which could then evolve from there? She is shown to have a fondness for bringing food to others, and I haven't seen the one who were supposed to run the kitchen (@Mentis Soliloquy, according to the pages) in a while now. Might be there's need for a new kitchen chief.

If not there, then maybe at the mansion. The butlers and maid are pressed rather hard, and might need a friendly face to help them through the day.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom

Well, this is the very reason why I like RP's in general, it allows for a pooling of ideas for a specific character to fit in. I took the concept of her working there, and thought that her being tricked into working for them is a great idea.

Maybe, she made her way to the quarry upon learning about the working conditions there, so she attempted a negotiation. However, the rest were not having it, so the higher ups tricked her into working for them, either as a cook, or as a maid.

I thought that she was too naive to think that she can change the way things went at the quarry, given her upbringing in Canterlot, and how it was much easier to do things there.

Now that you memtion it, I kind of like those concepts, so thanks. Till then, I'll wait for more responses.

Edit: Just putting up that I'm leaning more towards the maid concept, cause it gives her a taste of what it's like to serve, in contrast to her wealthy background, and how she was served by her own maids and butlers in the past.

Edited by Flow

On 2/17/2020 at 4:31 PM, Flow said:

the higher ups tricked her into working for them

... that sounds like a Vylia thing.  VERY much like a Vylia thing.

I've looked over a few things, and I've considiered the options here.  IF you're still interested, shoot me a PM, and we can discuss it.

• Brohoof 1

Hi everyone, just checking back in.  Started on a new diet and so far it's been working out excellent for me.  Not ready to get back into this quite yet, though I did want to share some new art I commissioned!

m4j4pVZ.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Buuuuuhhhhh~~~

@Randimaxis?

Would, like, it be, like, rude or whatever? If I, like, asked to completely drop everything we done did gone and do on the character I'm doing now to just completely restart with a whole new character of which I have almost nothing on but vague, wildly emotional descriptions? Thet askin' too much?  I wanna be a Kirin! Yeeh!~

Derp~:muffins:

:derp:

112363272_DerpyGIF.gif.de53f16d2ddf45c044ab97a9b68e3cb6.gif

1 hour ago, Widdershins said:

Would, like, it be, like, rude or whatever? If I, like, asked to completely drop everything we done did gone and do on the character I'm doing now to just completely restart with a whole new character of which I have almost nothing on but vague, wildly emotional descriptions? Thet askin' too much?  I wanna be a Kirin! Yeeh!~

Derp~

How about you send me a PM, and we'll see what we can do with this idea of yours?

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Whup.... S-sorry. Forgot about this RP, sorry I haven't been around. 

Things kinda blew up in the world today. Been havin' trouble keeping up energy & confidence to be capable at work.

Kinda done slipped me ever lovin' mind that this here place was still runnin'. Haven't had much time for hobbies or fun or feeling healthy.

Le Sigh.

I'll see about getting back around to things!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not posting a reply yet. Work's been really dragging me around on the day's I'd normally have time to write here, so been a bit out there. Hoping to get it done within the next 24 hours. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

That being said, it were still a no stops pulled filly, with the intent to more or less torpedo her bestest friend's marefriend. It might end up a little ugly regardless,

Looks like I'm getting hit, should make a fun reunion for Dax and Mystic

• Brohoof 1

Kind of curious if Bloom will be getting a title or not, but my personal choice is  "The White Maid".

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 5/10/2020 at 3:01 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Brace for impact, and best pray your lunch stays down

On 2/2/2020 at 3:23 PM, Illiad Easle said:

After a second check of the room to ensure that she was absolutely alone, and not being watched magically or otherwise, she proceeded to rather violently orally expel her lunch into the rising water.

Way ahead of you.

It's always satisfying when the circle closes, and another begins anew, and it's bound to be much more exciting this time, I'm loving this.

• Brohoof 1

I'll get on a reply soon as I can, but there's a lot of work these days. Early day work specifically, which is draining me majorly. I'll do what I can to get it done this week though.

• Brohoof 1