Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

• 3 weeks later...

It's, um... b-been a month since we posted anything in the thread?!!? You ain't been waiting on me, I hope!

I'm sure sorry I ain't been around! Stress on account of worldly stuff; I'll try to be around more often!

And, uh, Am I wrong in the notion that I should refuse any advancement proffered upon me by the Threadmaster? On tha grounds that the more complicated and drama-laden you make literally every, single step, then the more story can be told?

Because I'm noticing right now, that the situation is thusly:

"Dude, carry a thing."

"Nuh-uh! Not if it makes me look silly!!!"

I am not a man prone to action. Pacifist by nature, Coward by body.

"Sir, could you hold my cup for a moment?"

Me, recoiling in terror of inner monologue: "Gasp! Does he not know of my deep and tragic backstory how my parents were once mauled by a roving herd of TEACUPS?!!?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis @Loud Opinion

12 minutes ago, Loud Opinion said:

"I'm trained in accounting and I plan to render several existing employees obsolete."

Sounds like Gold is, knowingly or otherwise, going after Mystic's job.

Could be an interesting story there if she and Gold have to compete to secure the position...

Edited by Illiad Easle

@Randimaxis

In my defense, you put forth a strange creature in front of Blitz, and you have got to expect them to be hugged. Dead or alive, such details are inconsequential. :)

Also, @Windy Breeze 🥧 is part of my own thread, and I can assure you that she's good at writing. Currently even messing around with ghosts there, so this is kinda eerie. :P

• Brohoof 2

@Randimaxis

I have decided on the role of my character.

My OC would be a pegasus mare/stallion, hired to spy on Blackwater by an organization that secretly abhor the family, believing they are abusing the miners. They sent the spy, her/his mission is to find faults in the family and anything which they believed to be 'gone too far' or 'too disturbing to let the family continue their work'.

The OC will often control their temper from breaking out of their disguise, she/he will investigate every member of the Blackwater family and all their staff to make sure he/she gets the evidence her company wanted.

But the OC has also a good side: They are genuinely very kind to those whom she believed to be 'not evil'. If she ever met Dax and found out he's not like his family, she'll saw him as a 'hope to change the family' or 'somepony who just wanted to not take part If his spoiled family'. She/he can be also caring. If found somepony being bullied, she/he will come to comfort the bullied pony.

I'm currently constructing the OC, it's only confirmed they are a pegasus, and the cutie mark would be a magnifying glass with a broken sword, I'm also looking for a better role disguise so they can enter the quarry without causing a disturbance to the family.

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧
  • Brohoof 3

@Windy Breeze 🥧

If you want to inspect how the miners themselves are doing: Get hired as a miner. If the goal is mostly to spy on the family, then a maid would be more fitting. The former allows you more time with the actual folks in the heat of the moment, and let her hear the stories, see the conditions up close, etc. There were recently a few rather large accidents, so I can imagine there might a few - completely unrelated - openings for miners at this point. At the very least temp workers, to cover for some that have been hospitalized due to severe burns. There's only so much the on staff medic can do on her own.

As for who would want to gather evidence: Countrywide workers union, or a branch of the government, dealing with Health and Safety, who does not believe that what they see at face value when inspecting properly, gives them the full story. Luther wouldn't allow a union representative there, but she could gather evidence for that, or potential safety violations, and force the law to act, if things were rotten to the core, as they suspect. Likely from stories from disgruntled, former employees. Or by the sort who remembered the old way things were, back before Luther.

Or they know barely anything, and as such, judge mostly based on the Blackwater history, rather than much fact. A biased opinion, but that is her bosses thing to deal with. She's just the underling, doing her job.

Also, the Health and Safety governmental branch, might come into picture in this regard if it are, exactly due to the recent amount of issues, caused by burning gems, and a water tower flooding the mine, causing both water damages, near drownings, folks having been bashed against the walls in the water food, and of course, burn damages.

Up to you and @Randimaxis, but I figured I could put in a few easy ways for your char to get in, and with a purpose. :)

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Thank you for helping me.

I have already made a character sheet for my OC last night, here is her reference sheet.

Untitled437_20200828231319.thumb.png.9493cf3d8970ce1cf8c0e87bff0335eb.png

Her boss had made a fake document of her history as a former miner in order to be accepted despite her right eye is useless. Her real name is Red Hope but she will be using another name, Aegis.

Her fake document explains she has worked as a miner before her retirement 5 years ago, it clarifies she's as good as any miner despite her right eye could barely see anything, it also explains she was born with heterochromia

There is also a large possibly she'll ask Luther if she could work both as a maid during the morning and miner after lunch if given the chance.

If you want to learn more about her, click here to visit her character sheet

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

@Blitz Boom

Thank you for helping me.

I have already made a character sheet for my OC last night, here is her reference sheet.

Untitled437_20200828231319.thumb.png.9493cf3d8970ce1cf8c0e87bff0335eb.png

Her boss had made a fake document of her history as a former miner in order to be accepted despite her right eye is useless. Her real name is Red Hope but she will be using another name, Aegis.

Her fake document explains she has worked as a miner before her retirement 5 years ago, it clarifies she's as good as any miner despite her right eye could barely see anything, it also explains she was born with heterochromia

There is also a large possibly she'll ask Luther if she could work both as a maid during the morning and miner after lunch if given the chance.

If you want to learn more about her, click here to visit her character sheet

Reminds me of my OC of the same name, Flow:

flow_by_arylett_dawnsborough-d76iqgy.thumb.png.ead86508719d76b056d263abe0d283c2.png

Both are pegasai and have the same color scheme lol, but I like Red Hope's design. And speaking of designs, I'm starting to have an idea of Bloom's first meeting with her, noting that she resembles her old friend or something.

@Windy Breeze 🥧

I'm not too sure yet, but it could go along the lines like:

Because she bore a resemblance to an old friend, Bloom approached the pegasus to verify if it really is indeed her "F-Flow? Is it really you?" She asked before taking a closer look. From there, she realized that it was not her, but rather a doppelganger of her. Seeing that made the maid appolagize "P-pardon me, you just...looked like a old friend of mine. Oh yes, where are my manners...my name is Love Bloom, and I am a maid of the Blackwater manor, how may I serve you?"

Though, that's just an idea for now, but it may happen upon the first interaction with my character. I look forward to your introduction in the RP.

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, Flow said:

@Windy Breeze 🥧

I'm not too sure yet, but it could go along the lines like:

Because she bore a resemblance to an old friend, Bloom approached the pegasus to verify if it really is indeed her "F-Flow? Is it really you?" She asked before taking a closer look. From there, she realized that it was not her, but rather a doppelganger of her. Seeing that made the maid appolagize "P-pardon me, you just...looked like a old friend of mine. Oh yes, where are my manners...my name is Love Bloom, and I am a maid of the Blackwater manor, how may I serve you?"

Though, that's just an idea for now, but it may happen upon the first interaction with my character. I look forward to your introduction in the RP.

That's a great first interaction, maybe we should use it if I'm accepted to the RP.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmmmmmmm...

What I'm seeing here is a bit of overlap between Bloom and Red; both came here to deal with rumours of harm and problems, and both are 'undercover' in their own respects to witness for themselves how things are going.  Both want only the best for the workers here, and both are observant and eager to figure out what the Blackwaters are truly like.

But see, here's where I can possibly add in MY two bits worth:

What if they were working for opposing organizations?  Not so much as they'd hate each other, but more like they might have to cross each other's paths to accomplish some of their goals?  Or what if they had a single connection in common - like a stallion they both dated, or perhaps someone who both of them used to know?  Maybe each one figures out the other is undercover, and they go about trying to expose each other subtly?

I DO like the idea of Red Hope; put together some sort of obstacle or dilemma between the two, because BOTH their stories are a bit close for my comfort - but I'd be happy to let it happen if there's a little bit of CHAOS  to play with.  }:D

• Brohoof 1

I don't intend to write Bloom as an undercover agent for an organization, she just heard rumours of the shady doings of the Blackwaters. Being the caring type,  and because of her persistent and naive nature, she made the trip there to see for herself, Vylia then intervened, which led to Bloom's employment, changing her perspective, and has made her grown fond of her fate.

Though that's my idea.

Edited by Flow
  • Brohoof 1

@Flow @Randimaxis @Windy Breeze 🥧

Bloom's perspective could still allow for some interactions. As she had arrived and in time, found out that things were far overblown, she coukd provide the sort of *Voice of reasoning*, for the Blackwater estate, when it came to Red Hope's  investigation.

The miners will have stories that are less than flattering, as can be seen ehenever interactions with Dax comes into the picture. But what about the opposite? The Blackwaters themselves would not count as a reliable source here, whereas other workers could. Ziggy could tell good tales, but she's just one. If Bloom - who would know things from inside the estate itself, since she works in the manor - had things to say too, it would provide a nice counter balance.

It would create doubt for Hope, and a further need to investigate, while she had to juggle between what she heard, had been told, and witnessed with her own eyes.

As for Hope and Bloom, the latter herself went in undercover. She would likely have a good understanding of a few signs here and there, to eventually guess that Hope were an infiltrator. And what is a poor mare to do then? Expose her? Ignore the issue? Perhaps confront her, and have to judge what to do next, based on that conversation?

There are a lot of ways interaction could go between them. And I doubt it would always be good, as they seem to have opposite viewpoints at least at the start, and that could cause some clashes. Which had to be juggled with them paranoid about the other one, exposing them for what they are.

After all, even if Bloom Is not working for others, infiltration is likely not something Luther and would tolerate too much, if he were made aware of it. She might end up kicked out just as much, as Hope would be, if found out.

Even if not, Bloom worrying about exposure might still do enough to cause friction, as she'd end up needing to be somewhat paranoid, and extra careful about her steps.

The fact that Vylia likely already knows that she is an undercover avent? Well then, that's her ace to keep, and Randi's fun to have, as he moves the threads like the puppeteer that he is. :)

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

As for Hope and Bloom, the latter herself went in undercover.

When you said latter, you mean Bloom correct? Well I don't like the idea of Bloom being an agent of some organization, as it was never my intention to write her as one. She isn't working for anyone, but the Blackwaters for now, and she arrived there at her own whim.

Though, I am open for ideas for interactions with others.

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

I think She'll be just fine. I would worry more about what she'll do to Gold when she finds out.

But given he just more or less implied to Vylia that the accountant ought to be male, and maybe a hint of racism towards zebras (Which if you haven't noticed Vylia is quite proud of her stripes) Mystic may not have much to worry about.

Best of luck in any case.

• Brohoof 1