Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [OOC] The Blackwater Quarry OOC

Randimaxis

9 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

he might overhear what's going on with Silver.  

Wait, who's Silver?

Which reminds me. I think that might be an ongoing rule for me in RPs. I think I might require the other characters names to be said at least once per post in narration or otherwise. If I go, heh, a week between my posts i'm gonna forget details~ :umad:

Coincedentally, since it was brought up too. There any reading I ought do? Blackwater history, bio-pages of characters I might soon interact with?

• Brohoof 1

I feel I ought probably bring up that, by rights, my horse shouldn't know what a pegasus is. Since he's the only pony he's ever known to have wings and his father... while he has called them wings, has always talked of them as liabilities to one's health and certainly doesn't know how to use them. That probably ought come across in my rping, but i'm not sure how. Especially as i'm pretty sure he's come across a pegasus with healthy wings before.

Though I do headcannon that he mostly just uses those wings as steering when he kicks himself off a hilltop. Yeah, the strength i've given him is, like, a super kick!

...feel like i've said this before?...

• Brohoof 1

I really need to remember to look in here more often. If I may? I think @Flow have the right idea, that he reports to someone in the quarry, though there could be a simple reason too: He's not allowed to leave.

The theft with Silver, have caused a complete lockdown of the quarry. No one leaves, and no one enters, until further notice. It might well be that @Widdershins managed to get within the premise to complete his delivery a little before that, and will wonder why he's not allowed to leave all of a sudden. Alternatively, he could be under suspicion, as the theft were recent, and his arrival were as well. That could cause one of the higher ups to seek him out, rather than him looking for others.

I would suspect either Mr. Blackwater himself, or one of the quarry higher ups would be the one to do that. My suggestion? Red Handid. he have already been shown to want to get favor over the other foreponies, and catching a thief who were brazen enough to enter the place, and steal what is essentially Luther's property? If that's not leading to a promotion, I don't know what would, and that could potentially be his thinking, @Randimaxis? It'd likely lead him to seek out those he suspected, starting with new arrivals.

Plus, he's underused thus far, and could use some more development. Having him take charge on something like this, could show him off some more. :) And he's been shown to lurk around and listen in, to see if he can learn something that'd get him favors. No way he'd miss Silver's outburst, or all the ruckus suddenly going on.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all. It's been a while. The reason is that I've been finding it hard to think of a proper post. My last post I didn't have fun writing. I feel like what I've set up my character to want is the opposite of what I want to see him do. I thought that the feeling would pass, but it's just not something I'm having fun writing (and I'm sure it shows).

I will say, this is the smoothest operation I've ever been a part and I tip my hat to you @Randimaxis, for your dedication.

But this is my exiting from the role-play. I'll give a sending off post to get Gold out of the story naturally.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I see him pop in from time to time, but it seems he is too busy to make an RP post, he did say he needs to find the perfect time.

• Brohoof 2

Sorry, folks.

Work's been unforgiving, and the free time I get ends to be between trying to sleep, writing my story on FimFic or basic maintenence of my Life.

I'm not giving up on this; I'm just stuck without much chance to actually get any RP accomplished at the moment.  But hopefully, within my next day off, I'll get myself here & post again.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

..?

I'm trying to figure out a chance to get to this: I'll have something up as soon as I have the time.

I don't want to call this RP dead; we've all put too much into it for that.

3 hours ago, Randimaxis said:

..?

I'm trying to figure out a chance to get to this: I'll have something up as soon as I have the time.

I don't want to call this RP dead; we've all put too much into it for that.

Well I'd definitely be interested in joining. If you are accepting new players.

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom @Randimaxis

I don't know much about what has happened in the rp so far, I have not read it all the way through and I probably won't get to it since I am busy and distracted, however from what I can see it is basically where ponies come for work? Maybe whatever character I use is not exactly up to be here, as this was their last option. But tell me more about this rp if you want to. 

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum @Randimaxis

It will save you a need to pre-read most things, if you come in as a new worker. :) You'll get introduced around, get told the important things, and basically get what you need that way.

As for the setting, I will quote Randi on this:

==========================================================

The Blackwater Quarry is where ponies work in the emerald mines for their pay each day, kick-mining rocks for fair wages.  I'm looking to make it a day-by-day RP of a typical work life in Equestria.  There will be plenty of dramatic RP, but I'm certain I can add in some adventure, comedy & romance, if the situation calls for such.  I'm rather flexible when it comes to story ideas, so feel free to offer an idea or three - I'm always listening.

==========================================================

He gets some story ideas around, but at the end of the da, it's still a workplace, and we all got to find our spots in that order. A doctor, a chef, a miner, an overseer, a maid, etc. Plenty to do. :) The maids is due to the mansion overseeing it all, belonging to the owners. 

• Brohoof 1

Heh, I took the pre-read route as a current employee for my entry into the RP. It's not that hard, as Randi has some resources to help with thru his blogs. If you're taking this route, be cautious about what is canon. Also, this is an advanced RP, so you are expected to type a paragraph instead of a sentence in the least.

• Brohoof 1