Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Duplicating images?

catnet
Go to solution Solved by Drakkon,

(edited)

Recently, I've noticed some (but not all) of my posts and PMs which include images change a while after I have posted them... one or a few of the images will copy and replace some of the others, like here-

https://mlpforums.com/topic/133601-hello-to-everyone/?view=findpost&p=3955306

sig-3955386.sNIaK.jpg

And now that I look again, it's a different image that has copied itself.

sig-3955386.ZqJUa.jpg

Even after I edited it back to normal, this happened again a few minutes later... I'm not sure what it is that's causing it.  :huh:

And I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but every time this has happened, the images I posted were from Derpibooru (though almost all of the images I use are from there). I haven't seen anyone mention something like this before, so I'm not sure if it's only affecting me or if it can happen with anyone.

Edit: it looks like it's happened here as well... =/

Edited by Senpai~
  • Brohoof 4

• 3 weeks later...

@, I am checking about if this issue appeared again or now it behaves like normal. 

• Brohoof 2

This is interesting. I missed this. I have another member to experienced the same issue not that long ago. Quick question Senpai ... has this happened after this post as well?

• Brohoof 2

@, second call to check about if this issue repeated again. Please answer, thank you.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Sorry :blush: I don't believe I've seen it happen again since I made this topic, but I haven't been doing anywhere near as many posts or messages with multiple images recently, so I'm not sure if it just stopped occuring, or if I just haven't happened upon it again.

Edit: I made a post with multiple images to see if it's still a problem, and it happened again. :(

This is the post I made-

https://mlpforums.com/topic/4731-fluttershy-fan-club/page-213#entry4007390

And these were the images I used-

https://derpicdn.net/img/2014/10/4/735364/medium.png

https://derpicdn.net/img/2014/8/16/700881/medium.png

https://derpicdn.net/img/2014/6/12/651506/medium.png

At the moment, the last image has replaced the other two, so it appears three times-

Wyn94.jpg

Also, I used a different browser (Firefox) to make this post than I did when I started the topic (Google Chrome), if that makes any difference. :blush:

For some reason, though, the smaller images I used (this, and this) are unaffected... I've only seen images from Derpibooru be changed like this.

Edited by Senpai~
  • Brohoof 2

@, thank you for your collaboration. I will go and ping the Tech Staff to see what could be causing this issue.

• Brohoof 1

c&p my conclusions

[9:49:20 PM] Twilight: no... that can't be right. that addon can't be that dumb.
[9:49:24 PM] Twilight: notably, all 3 images are called "medium.png"
[9:49:43 PM] Twilight: the image data is distinguished by post id and image name
[9:50:39 PM | Edited 9:52:07 PM] Twilight: stands to reason that, unless there's a formatting system that's not displayed in the first image (ie, not sig-x.sig-x.medium1.png, y2.png, 3y.png, but rather y.png, y1.png, y2.png) the last image of the post will overwrite the rest first.
[9:50:54 PM] Twilight: seems to be dumb as all hell but tell him to try using different filenames

[9:51:31 PM] Twilight: since all 3 images are in the same post and have the same name all will be saved as sig-4007390.sig-47007390.medium.png
[9:51:35 PM] Twilight: mhm. addon needs fixing
[9:53:13 PM] Twilight: why is it called sig-x.sig-x.filename.type, anyway? what's with the double sig-x.sig-x?
[9:53:25 PM] Twilight: could be the original distinguishing system has broken down due to something

use different filenames. we'll add this bug to the to-fix list

• Brohoof 2

c&p my conclusions

[9:49:20 PM] Twilight: no... that can't be right. that addon can't be that dumb.

[9:49:24 PM] Twilight: notably, all 3 images are called "medium.png"

[9:49:43 PM] Twilight: the image data is distinguished by post id and image name

[9:50:39 PM | Edited 9:52:07 PM] Twilight: stands to reason that, unless there's a formatting system that's not displayed in the first image (ie, not sig-x.sig-x.medium1.png, y2.png, 3y.png, but rather y.png, y1.png, y2.png) the last image of the post will overwrite the rest first.

[9:50:54 PM] Twilight: seems to be dumb as all hell but tell him to try using different filenames

[9:51:31 PM] Twilight: since all 3 images are in the same post and have the same name all will be saved as sig-4007390.sig-47007390.medium.png

[9:51:35 PM] Twilight: mhm. addon needs fixing

[9:53:13 PM] Twilight: why is it called sig-x.sig-x.filename.type, anyway? what's with the double sig-x.sig-x?

[9:53:25 PM] Twilight: could be the original distinguishing system has broken down due to something

use different filenames. we'll add this bug to the to-fix list

Thank you :blush: Also, I copy and pasted the images from where I found them, rather than saving them and then uploading from my files, but I'll make sure to vary my file names if I add images that way, thanks for the advice. :fluttershy:

• 1 month later...

@, this issue has finally been fixed, I am simply notifying you as you were the one that reported it.

And with this issue resolved, this topic has no point on staying open, so I will go and lock it.

• Brohoof 1