Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much MLP matter to you?

cybershocker455

I made a thread not too long ago expressing my gratitude towards MLP and how much I loved the show. Now I want to make a thread expressing how YOU like the show. How much do you like the show and how much of an impact did it make in your life?

• Brohoof 1

Well back in the day at my other high school (with the same initials as canterlot high school) I was bullied a lot because I was not into the same stuff as others like LOL and sports, then one day I was bored and decided to check out MLP and I loved it. This probably kept me from going insane and murdering everyone at my old school and also introduced me to a great fandom as well as opened my eyes for other cartoons like Gravity Falls and Steven Universe. Without MLP my life would have turned out differently.

• Brohoof 2

MLP for me could've gone one of two ways. I remember being someone who believed what I read online about bronies: gross older men who were creeping on little girls. This was WILDLY false, as I learned when I decided to open my eyes and heart by watching pony doc. Although this documentary is made fun of, it really changed my opinion on our community. I saw normal people - people like me - who had found themselves among this fandom. I saw people who had friends and huge smiles on their faces. I decided to watch the show right after the doc just to see if I could like it, too. I did. Luckily, my friend was there with me for the doc and the show, so we both got into it and had each other to discuss eps and fangirl over them.

Watching MLP was transformative, but not just because of the show. I feel so loved and accepted by fellow bronies that it just makes sense for me to watch this show and learn and grow from it. I feel like a better person.

• Brohoof 4

I'm 30 years old and the show has impacted me because I'm able to compare it to the shows I watched as a kid. I know there is a lot in FIM for teens and adults to get excited about, and I do allow myself to just sit back and enjoy it on that level, but I am also constantly evaluating it's worth as a children's show and I am tickled pink thinking about the effect it is having on a whole generation of kids who will be growing up very soon.

Don't get me wrong, the cartoons of my childhood weren't all bad, (Warner Bros was golden in the mid nineties) but so many of them were insultingly simple. I like MLP because it presents the children watching it with more complex problems to solve and the characters have so much more depth. They are nuanced and they have flaws. Watching these characters grow and solve problems will have a huge impact on the way kids move through their own lives and they will be way better at solving the world's problems than any generation that came before.

TL;DR The show gives me hope for the future of human kind.

• Brohoof 1

I was lonely and depressed in middle school, which is when I discovered MLP. It felt like the Mane 6 were my friends, and these cartoon characters were something I turned to after a horrible day. Honestly, I don't even know how to put it in words, but MLP saved my life and it continues to do so every day.

• Brohoof 2

I don't care about it and it's made absolutely no impact on my life because it's a simple cartoon show I enjoy for entertainment.

It's given me a lot in life, as silly as that inherently is. Not so much in terms of what it taught me or whatever but the people it allowed me to meet. I love the show unironically, even if I'm a bit of a flaky fan, and I think I'll always remember it.

I love this show. Before I watched the show, I only did one thing and that was play video games. I was secluded in my room with no friends at all, no social interaction what-so-ever. After I watched the show, I had a different mind set on things. Now I am more active on trying to be social with others, it feels good to watch a show that is generally happy and positive unlike Breaking Bad or Full Metal Alchemist, and I even got into the habit of reading fan fiction for fun, something that would be considered unorthodox for my tastes.

So the show actually changed my life in a dramatic way.