Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Community Roleplay Idea Suggestion Thread

FancyHorse

A sort of Illuminati thing?

Let me write that better:         A Group Of Ponies, (This Comedically Speaking) Running All Of Equestria, Behind the Scenes (Badly).

Oh come on That's barely even an idea!

• Brohoof 1

Idea:

Basic Plot:

borrowing from similar themes of slender man, freddy's and others of the survival horror genre,

A group of filly's spend a night in the woods reading camp fire stories from an old children's book stolen from the equestrian archives, when a magic spell to "spice up" the tales go awry, Pinkamena,Lil  Miss Rarity, Rainbow "Factory" Dash , and others rise from the pages to terrorize the ponies and the filies must find a way to survive the night using only their surroundings and the items in their camp grounds less they suffer one of many fates .

• Brohoof 1

I'm highly considering a Mall Santa RP. I don't think I've seen any of those here on this site.

Childish Reimaginations reborn!! That sounds uber cute and awesome :3

Sounds like fun already if you two are still interested. :love:

Edited by Yoshi89
  • Brohoof 2

I'm highly considering a Mall Santa RP. I don't think I've seen any of those here on this site.

Sounds like fun already if you two are still interested. :love:

Mall Santa RP? I'm curious, so please...

TwQiOYW.gif

• Brohoof 1

Mall Santa RP? I'm curious, so please...

sig-4237887.TwQiOYW.gif

Okay, then. I've had this in my mind for about a week now and I'm curious as to how it could work. It's essentially my OC Refund Check working in a Manehattan department store as a Mall Santa with helper elves and a photographer. Ponies who see Santa can be foals or adults who are "foals at heart". Manehattan residency is optional, of course, since I imagine it being very busy during Hearth's Warming.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, then. I've had this in my mind for about a week now and I'm curious as to how it could work. It's essentially my OC Refund Check working in a Manehattan department store as a Mall Santa with helper elves and a photographer. Ponies who see Santa can be foals or adults who are "foals at heart". Manehattan residency is optional, of course, since I imagine it being very busy during Hearth's Warming.

Is there an mlp equivalent of santa? 

Is there an mlp equivalent of santa? 

Neither Hearth's Warming episode of the series had a Santa equivalent but "Hearthbreakers" did have presents exchanged. I'd imagine there is some kind of Santa being in Equestria if that's the case. If not, I can modify it into a human RP.

Edited by Yoshi89

Neither Hearth's Warming episode of the series had a Santa equivalent but "Hearthbreakers" did have presents exchanged. I'd imagine there is some kind of Santa being in Equestria if that's the case. If not, I can modify it into a human RP.

Or we can just headcanon a santa. Come on, let's make him up right now! Let's start with what he looks like. I'm thinking Dedushka Moroz style. :P

• Brohoof 2

Or we can just headcanon a santa. Come on, let's make him up right now! Let's start with what he looks like. I'm thinking Dedushka Moroz style. :P

So far so good. :love: I can see Rarity designing his outfit. With magic so prevalent in Equestria, he may not even need reindeer. He can maybe do everything on his own.

• Brohoof 2

So far so good. :love: I can see Rarity designing his outfit. With magic so prevalent in Equestria, he may not even need reindeer. He can maybe do everything on his own.

Perhaps a white, bearded unicorn (or Alicorn, even, since this IS mythology,) with a fancy fuslrry blue coat and the necesswry beard/hat. Who used his magic to see into the hearts of fillies and colts and gives them gifts it they're good. This tradition can be from the original Hearth's Warming, where it was used to create bonds between fillies and colts of different races and foster generosity and love.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be cool if Equestria had a holiday celebrating the spirit of each Element of Harmony? :D

• Brohoof 4

Perhaps a white, bearded unicorn (or Alicorn, even, since this IS mythology,) with a fancy fuslrry blue coat and the necesswry beard/hat. Who used his magic to see into the hearts of fillies and colts and gives them gifts it they're good. This tradition can be from the original Hearth's Warming, where it was used to create bonds between fillies and colts of different races and foster generosity and love.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be cool if Equestria had a holiday celebrating the spirit of each Element of Harmony? :D

And his spirit lives on because the fillies and colts give him milk and sugar cubes at night in exchange for gifts. The embodiment of generosity seems to fit in this aspect because it goes both ways.

Equestria already has "Hearts and Hooves Day", a holiday centered around love, so the Elements of Harmony need some exposure, too.

• Brohoof 2

Last year Plum Pudding hosted a Hearth's Warming Eve party, which was fun. Is anyone interested in something similar...? Anyone interested in hosting?

I'm bored and wish to do something is anyone interested?

Psst...maybe this will help. *Shameless thread advertising*

• 4 weeks later...

Hrm...How about a "So you wanna be a Dragon Tamer?" kind of Roleplay? You and a couple of other ponies are in some sort of competition with their pet dragons or whatnot and are competing to be in Princess Celestia's illustrious Dragon Guard. Could be also be Princess Luna, since dragons seem more her thing.

• 1 month later...

What follows is mostly a list of RPs I would like to launch, and probably would, if day had around a 1000 hours and there were tons of willing players. As it is, I don't mind sharing these prompts if they can let someone else have their fun. As explained elsewhere, I prefer fight-oriented RPs that have strong ties with the canon. I see no point in listing possible SOLs here, there's so many of them, and there is no measuring the amount of viable romance RPs. So... here goes nothing, I guess.

MLP-FiM: Sh*t got real

Players have an occasion to roleplay as canon characters, facing the hardcore versions of obstacles presented in respective episodes. Basically, villains would get a little strategy and cunning in place of silliness and self-absorption.

Episode 1+2: An actual fight between Luna and Celestia, some tougher opponents on the way to the Everfree Castle.

Dragonshy: Do I even need to explain?

Discord (this would require a talent for description to make what chaos ensues understandable, but it would be so worth it)

Changelings

Season 5 finale taken seriously

etc, etc.

Long, long ago, in a country not too far away...

The past is a bottomless well of ideas for the kind of roleplay described above.

Celestia and Luna vs the Wild & Untamed World (Tirek, Discord and more)

The stories of freshly-unified/not yet unified tribes

The adventures of Starswirl the Bearded

The origins of the Elements of Harmony

What if?

Always a bountiful source of inspiration for fanfiction and RPs alike, the speculation of futures narrowly avoided beckons...

What if...

...Twilight and her friends failed to unite when they did?

...the Twilight traveling back in time really did have a warning about the future?

...there were more, um, serious calls from The Map?

...Luna's slumber-demon's visit to Ponyville had more violent consequences?

...the defense of Crystal Kingdom failed?

...Pinkie Pie didn't so easily revert from her mental breakdown?

Other

A Daring Do episode

MLP rethemed (pirate/kung fu/ninja/space age/Norse mythology/Greek mythology/etc style)

• Brohoof 1

Journal of Justice: A league of legends RP

After the original JoJ writers had disbanded , the league calls upon talented individuals from various nations to form a new JoJ with the purpose of reporting strange activities in RuneTerra, Interviewing the League's champions and uncovering some of their world's mysteries. 

---------------------------------------------

Basic Idea

PUT YOUR MASK ON!

Desc: Twilight Sparkle has enough on her hands already. With her protecting Equestria from possible destruction from enemies of friendship, and trying to travel to distant lands to solve friendship problems, and not to mention a new student; she has very little time to focus on other things that may threaten Equestria. So when the Enchanted Comic Book returns and has its own slew of problems that threaten Equestria, then there needs to be another way to deal with the problem.

An edition of the Enchanted Comic Book called the "Villian's Edition" appears in Ponyville, it causes chaos in its wake. Any pony that experiences sadness, suffering, or any type of negativity that relates to their connections with other ponies will find the comic be transported to the fictional city of Maretropolis and take the form of a super villain. This would be harmless, except anything that happens in Maretropolis starts to manifest in Ponyville (Example: A weather controlling villain would cause Ponyville to be plagued by endless fog and cold rain as they terrorize in Maretropolis).

A solution? Princess Twilight Sparkle and friends have determined that they will gather a group of ponies to protect the fictional universe of Maretropolis. Inside the castle, the Enchanted Comic Book's original copy has appeared and can be used to travel to and from the fictional city at will with the help from the magic of Starlight Glimmer and Princess Twilight Sparkle. They will standby, guide, and teach this new superhero team how to win over the hearts of these wrong ponies turned villains while they in-turn, learn about themselves. Of course, they will also have to dawn on masks and super hero personas that will hide their identity from these villains who will escape into the real world at times.

So, put your masks on and fight for friendship!

Needed:

Heroes (OC Ponies - Small Number - Maybe 2/3)

Ex: These two heroes will be led by one of the Mane 6 Characters for their first mission to hold their hands at first. They will eventually go off on their own when they grow in numbers to  become a type of team. They are new to one another and to being in a group, so they will have problems and concerns about opening up. So this will be about more than fighting.

Temp. Villains (OC Ponies)

Ex: These ponies will eventually become heroes when they open their hearts and see the error of their logic or find understanding. They will join the main team of heroes.

True Villains (OC Ponies/Possible Canons?)

Characters who try to use the Enchanted Comic Book's powers to affect Ponyville in various way to gain control.

Canon Characters (Twilight Sparkle & Friends)

One of these characters will accompany the team into the Enchanted Comic Book as their Super Hero Persona one time or another to teach them about how to be a good friend and teammate as they are new to both. Will be rarely done and will only be one at a time seeing that they are busy themselves.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Had this idea for a while. Not sure if anyone would be interested, so posting it here as a concept.

Edited by Divine_Heart
  • Brohoof 4

Steven Universe: The Age of Gloom

"The Gem Homeworld calls me by many names... an abomination, an enemy....a monster....I thought maybe....YOU would understand" -Obsidian Gloom

After another average mission protecting the Earth from the Gem Homeworld , The crystal gems arrive home only to be met by a strange being with dark skin and a horrid smile. He reveals himself to be Obsidian,  a gem with the burning desire to rebel against the Gem Homeworld and destroy the leaders of the Great Diamond Authority....even if it means the destruction of Earth.

Edited by Vulcan

• 2 weeks later...

How about Welcome-party roleplays hosted by Pinkie Pie that act as a first step for new roleplayers? Like a literal, in-character welcome party where new players can make friends and learn the ropes all at once!

• Brohoof 3