Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Community Roleplay Idea Suggestion Thread

FancyHorse

How about Welcome-party roleplays hosted by Pinkie Pie that act as a first step for new roleplayers? Like a literal, in-character welcome party where new players can make friends and learn the ropes all at once!

Two Questions:

Why is this not a thing right now?

And When do we start? :3

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You and other ocs  (5-6) wake up in a abandons school trying to find a way out and how you all got there. It could get nasty or goofy pending on the villen

A roleplay about a pony starting a Role-playing club. He starts himself out as a DM making mini stories with friends. People who join will have their OCs create their own OCs in the club (OCception).

• Brohoof 3

• 3 months later...

A roleplay about a pony starting a Role-playing club. He starts himself out as a DM making mini stories with friends. People who join will have their OCs create their own OCs in the club (OCception).

that's so meta

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking of making a Build-Your-Own-Adventure style RP.

It would be a Slice of Life/Adventure genre set in some specific location still unexplored, like an island or a new country or an abandoned factory, anything. It would be up to the players to walk around freely in that place and imagine what exists within it, so it would almost be like a collab between all the participants.

It's an explorative concept, where everyone would be given the freedom to create their own ideas inside that specific setting and mix that idea with everyone else's. I don't know for sure if that would work or, to begin with, if people would be interested in that idea, so... yeah.

I know, I'm terrible at explaining things, I'm sorry~

• Brohoof 1

'Queen a Rook and a Hard Place {Table Top/Chess RP}

Premise:

After refusing his offer to a friendly game of Dungeons and Dragons, Discord reluctantly accepts Twilight's invitation to a game of Chess.

:. RP where Discord and Twilight play chess. Discord reveals that her moves in the game have been altering reality. 

Edited by Maple Berry
  • Brohoof 1

I was thinking of making a Build-Your-Own-Adventure style RP.

It would be a Slice of Life/Adventure genre set in some specific location still unexplored, like an island or a new country or an abandoned factory, anything. It would be up to the players to walk around freely in that place and imagine what exists within it, so it would almost be like a collab between all the participants.

It's an explorative concept, where everyone would be given the freedom to create their own ideas inside that specific setting and mix that idea with everyone else's. I don't know for sure if that would work or, to begin with, if people would be interested in that idea, so... yeah.

I know, I'm terrible at explaining things, I'm sorry~

That would be very difficult, even for really experienced rpers. Still, the idea is attractive...

Edited by AmberDust

Fighting? There's an APP for that...

Set in the futuristic world of...well, tomorrow? The future is not that far off...

The Internet becomes a reality in itself right beside our very own. With one touch of the screen of your Smart Phone, the user signs into the internet with a physical form that represents their very selves that not only search the web for information, gather along with others at light speed to talk about today's matters, but also to fight cyber crime, viral attacks, and hacks that threaten the security of our world.

(Still running some details on how I would go about this, but the basic story is here.)

• Brohoof 2

How about when the planet is having a magic destabilization?

Just a piece of idea to go with whatever I guess.... just to throw something in.

But I really like the free roam SOL idea Friz stated....

Edited by DarkusX
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

Equestria has been in a period of isolationism for the past 1000 years after Luna's banishment. No news of the outside world ever breached the Equestrian borders, no outside trade, and no interaction past the long-fallen Griffonia to the east. The outside world has, in turn, forgotten about Equestria and it's trade. They navigate their ships around the mysterious continent, they dare not pierce it's borders or make landfall, as of the land bore a curse.

With a new age heralded by the new Princess Twilight Sparkle, the return of Princess Luna to her rightful place as the second princess, and the reclaiming of the Crystal Empire, Equestria is ready to step into the international world at large. Old recordings of countries and maps of the outside world are long obsolete, and a thousand years is more than long enough for the world to advance and shift the geopolitical scale. 

Your group of ambassadors, trade partners, and historians are sent out to travel across this brave, new world as Equestria's eyes and ears. Revisit old allies and rivals of the Equestrian Kingdom, discover new species that have advanced into major civilizations, and bring news that the pony civilization has returned.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well now, I'm still new to this whole playing of roles shtick, but still....

I like to think that roleplaying isn't all that far removed from good old fashioned story telling. You can likely get an awful lot from some newbie learning how to live in Ponyville with ponies..... particularly when their a 20-foot tall dragon.  But not every story has to be about some world-threatening crisis... though I can fully see why that's so common. Could just as easily get a rp idea from fanfictions.  Think I remember one about some Fog that ate ponies.

Anyhow, I digress.

You know there's some anime or something about some assassin school led by an alien tentacle beast? What if, and Hear me out here...

Discord gets a bee in his bonnet about teaching Chaos magic to ponies. Trouble is, by its nature any mortal can't just learn Chaos magic (if you could understand it, that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it?) but that doesn't concern Discord any that your mind can't comprehend his subject, no. So he's just abducting ponies out of their lives & timelines (they can go right back when afterwards) forcing them into his "school" and its up to them to survive it while convincing Teach 'Cord they're totally stellar students while avoiding giving him a reason to weld them to the wall with bubblegum.

All you really need is one good actor for Discord and you can cycle in & out OC players at will!

Ooh! Or an RP pony dating sim! That'd be hilarious!

Ooh! Ooh! Or one set in the style of the Ace Attorney court cases! With Derpy-Doo as the ineffectual judge! That way I can totally get away with murdering a pony!  ...what? It's all a play, things'll turn out all aaaallriiiight!

Edited by Widdershins
  • Brohoof 1

Discord gets a bee in his bonnet about teaching Chaos magic to ponies. Trouble is, by its nature any mortal can't just learn Chaos magic (if you could understand it, that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it?) but that doesn't concern Discord any that your mind can't comprehend his subject, no. So he's just abducting ponies out of their lives & timelines (they can go right back when afterwards) forcing them into his "school" and its up to them to survive it while convincing Teach 'Cord they're totally stellar students while avoiding giving him a reason to weld them to the wall with bubblegum.

This is hilarious. XD I don't think he'd go around abducting ponies, but he might post a want ad and be very...erm...firm about students trying to escape leave early. 

Also, props on the cool username. :P

@@AmberDust, Well, aye. Maybe "abduct" is a strong word to use. Maybe more along the lines of, "you signed up, made a promise & signed the contract. The least you could do is be a good friend and honor your promise." Can't blame Discord for being forceful in just the wrong wrong way!

And thank you kindly! I do have a tendency for the more archaic words!

• Brohoof 1

Do hope its alright to monopolize posting like this, you know, one right after another. Suppose it is alright if they got a week between them. Imma idea guy, I'm just not used to putting those ideas to work.

As I've said before, I'm not all too familiar with RP. I suppose it sort of is like telling a story that you don't mind or plan on a particular ending, giving it enough free roam for other actors to come in and... stir the pot, I suppose you could say.

I rather like the slice-of-life idea of storytelling of new fellow coming to learn what it takes to live in society. Particularly the more outlandish they may be. I have a few unwritten, fanfickery ideas that I'd like to get around sometime to writing, but when it comes down to it, outside of my character as a catalyst really any pony can be involved rather then just giving the Main Six some new lot to cope with. Case in point...

My Hydra, Gallimaufry, comes in six parts. Due to a spell its self-taught itself, it can become six separate ponies. I can see Blither, the rather whimpy 'first head' coming into Ponyville's Town Hall asking for help to find his five other, rather more... rambunctious siblings partly because he's worried about them, but mostly because if left to their own devices collateral damage will surely ensue. When they eventually do get rounded up, the spell accidentally triggers and unwillingly reassembles the hydra... while still in Town Hall. This results in a near thirty foot hydra in the middle of town, upset about its own poorly thought out plan and way too emotional to listen to some puny ponies.

In the same thread of a rather quest-like manner, Widdershins, my Draconequusona, is rather detachable. And contrary. Verrry contrary, that's likely important.

One day, outta nowhere, He falls out of the sky above Ponyville & before any pegusai can react, he hits the ground and his body parts fly all over town. Little while later, he walks up to some ponies as a disembodied head and asks them to help reassemble his now-sentient & ornery parts!

Personally, I'd rather those ponies be the Flower Fillies of Rose, Daisy & Lilly for the clashing personalities & opportunity to set up a good old fashioned Three's Company style harem, but I'm just a sucker for some awkward Rom-Com!

No, but what I came here today to bring up, in that topic of 'getting used to society' theme I brought up earlier, was the following notion:

The Scene:  A lone, dark-cloaked pony sorcerer of clearly ill-intent is trudging his(or her!) way through the barren wastes. They've heard tales of a massive Behemoth that lay trapped in days from before even Celestia's reign. A beast so massive as to blot out the cities of today, a creature that merely by moving its massive hulk left deep scars upon the land. And that is what this sorcerer has come for, to revive this ancient beast, enthrall it under their power & lay waste to the world that they so dearly despise.

This sorcerer commences with its spells of dark rituals and shady practices & succeeds with its plan of reviving the giant serpent. As its immeasurably massive head rises from the magic-singed crater & snakes back to roar in the face of its impertinent summoner with a voice so loud it shakes the ground itself. It responds with only one thing on its proportionally tiny mind: "You wan be fwend?"

Turns out, even this ancient behemoth is just as big of a friendship fiend as any other pony in Equestria. Now no longer does this society-hating sorcerer have his evil plans foiled by the fact that his trump card doesn't like to squish ponies for risk of harming potential friendships, the Equestrian Government quickly got wind and placed the big lunk under their guardianship. If any collateral damage happens because of the Behemoth (and its kind of hard not to when your close to being seventy feet long) its completely on their head to pay for it or risk potential imprisonment.

Thus! The Ultimate Odd-Couple! The biggest anarchist that only wants to watch the world burn, can't now because they have to babysit the literal biggest baby around! I'd need somebody else with a stereotypical villain sorcerer-pony, but it's open enough should any other pony stumble upon the big Lunk & force the sorcerer to explain & prevent the giant guy from hugging/crushing his newfound friends to death.

@@Widdershins, I have an OC who is a pony and can perform chaos magic, tho. :P

Idea for RP to keep on topic:

A "Freaky Friday" themed RP where a spell goes wrong which either swaps ponies' minds or just their cutie marks. If the former, they then have to cope with a new gender/species/talent; the latter, having to deal with having the wrong cutie mark. Whatever it is, they have to search out a McGuffin to reverse the spell.

• 2 weeks later...

~Friends for the Night~

It was strange that the sun never would rise, and just as strange that the moon never set. A certain group of ponies came to realization that this was not normal, but why did it feel right? Everyone who looked to the skies had insisted that was how things always were and doubted the existence of something silly as "The Light of the Sun." The land of Equestria, trapped in an everlasting night, had been blanketed by a non-malevolent darkness for what seemed like all eternity...until you started ask questions.

Little by little, the veil of darkness lifts from Equestria to reveal a secret kept by few that you would not expect and then none that are just not the wiser. As you gather pieces of your memories, a past where the sun shined down on Ponyville, and uncover malevolent forces that attack you to separate you from the truth you will come to a conclusion - is ignorance truly bliss?

Just a small canon RP story that I have been sitting on. I would like to RP it, but depending on interest.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if it's just the hype of recently reading certain fanfics of MLP that were very enjoyable to read, but I've been really wanting to RP some situation where the canon (or close to canon) EQ gets magically/dimensionally connected with an alternate EQ where everypony still exists there, with almost identical backstories, save for the fact their genders have been switched.

The fanfic On a Cross and Arrow really got me interested in this idea. :yay:

I once had an idea that's waiting (still) for me to turn into a fanfic about an alternative dimension of Equestria where the Elements of Harmony are warped by Discord before his defeat. So, when the Mane Six find them and start to wear them, they have a negative effect on their personalities, along with a One Ring* effect so that they never take the Elements off. I did do profiles of the Warped Six here:  http://kaori-warbird.deviantart.com/gallery/49344704/The-Warped-Mane-Six

but never really got round to the fanfic so an RP where OCs either stumble into or are sent there via the magic mirror and have to fix things there would be cool. I did try to do this as an RP but I'm not really great at DMing so it kinda tailed off.

* Like in Lord Of The Rings, y'know?

Edited by Pripyat Pony

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Plot Idea: The great Draconic war.

Before equestira, and before even the ponies separated themself into the Three Tribes, the first dragons ruled the world, with knowledge and kindness, helping the ponies to rise even some minor kingdoms or, in other cases, been revered as Gods.

Unfortunatly, a mysterious darkness started to grow into this titanic creatures, and, one day, a lot of them went feral and destroied half of the present Equestria. Those who didn't felt to darkness decided to side with the ponies and other creatures (such as griffins, minotaurs and even the first races of stil morel bug-like changelings and other no more known), becoming known as the First Kin. And so, a tremendous war started, a war where empires felt and heroes rised from the ashes of their homes and loved ones.

In short, is a war/adventure roleplay, where one choose if to side as a Land Freedomer (equestrians) or Dragon Guard (draconic forces). I have a loats of ideas, but I'm not good in roleplaying, so if someone think is a good idea just call me for specifications onto both sides of the armies (like troops and stuff like that).

• The title was changed to Community Roleplay Idea Suggestion Thread
  • 4 months later...

Idea: Do a "Devil May Cry" based Roleplay

Plot: Fight your way through demons & seal the Gates of Tartarus for good. After the Gates of Tartarus have been sealed, kill off any remaining demons & do whatever else comes to mind.

Possible RP Title(s):

-Nightmare May Cry

-Devil May Cry: Equestria Edition

Edited by Dante_Wubbington