Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How come it's more comforting to talk to the opposite sex?

MrJK

Im just curious if its just me or not but when im in like a bad mood or need support or something, it seems having one on one conversation with the opposite sex (Me being male, so the opposite sex being female) Is more comforting. I don't know if its just me, and im fully prepared to except that its just me. But yeah, does anyone else feel this way?

• Brohoof 1

I really feel better simply talking to some one with the same maturity as me. Some one who will take your troubles seriously, and some times since different genders don't know the other gender as well, they are more careful around them and about hurting their feelings. Maybe this is why they are easier to talk to?

• Brohoof 2

Well, I'd think it's because when you're sharing your innermost thoughts and feelings, that's a really personal thing to do. And at least for men, we have to project an image of being "strong". Opening up and spilling your inner thoughts might seem..."weak"...to some people, and thus it's better to talk to the opposite gender, where they don't haev to carry on the stereotype. It's exactly like MLP-it's probably more comfortable talking to bronies than it is to others on the internet, because you don't have to build an image of toughness.

Also because bronies tend to be nicer, but that's irrelevant >_>

• Brohoof 1

i dont know man. most the guys i know dont give a crap, and the women i know i can talk to are all bitches. i have my mirror, and i vent on here. XD but there are mostly bronies on here, not much pegasisters. i mainly talk to anyone willin to listen. which is usually my mirror.

• Brohoof 1

Women are crazy. I can't stand talking to them about anything.

Eh, I'm largely in different when it comes to which gender I speak with about things. I have more male friends than female friends, so I usually end up speaking with them about stuff.

• Brohoof 3

I've noticed that when I talk with my bros, it's about shallow, on-the-surface stuff like video games, sports, alcohol, movies, music, etc. When I talk with my female friends, it goes beyond the surface and we talk about dreams, goals, ideals, etc. I guess it's just how the genders connect and interact.

• Brohoof 1

It's not,

guys don't care about my feelings,

but they'll listen in hopes to getting into my pants.

~

It's not,

guys don't care about my feelings,

but they'll listen in hopes to getting into my pants.

~

I hope you mean "Guys I know", cause I know a good amount of guys that are caring people.

I hope you mean "Guys I know", cause I know a good amount of guys that are caring people.

I use to think that way, until the male population proved me wrong.

Seems like all men are perverts, -.-'

• Brohoof 1

I use to think that way, until the male population proved me wrong.

Seems like all men are perverts, -.-'

Posted Image Edited by Znex
  • Brohoof 2

Well not all guys are jerks, but many of them don't give a flying horse apple about anyones feelings.

• Brohoof 1

Im just curious if its just me or not but when im in like a bad mood or need support or something, it seems having one on one conversation with the opposite sex (Me being male, so the opposite sex being female) Is more comforting. I don't know if its just me, and im fully prepared to except that its just me. But yeah, does anyone else feel this way?

I tend to agree with you - with certain females.

In general, I'm more comfortable talking with other males, but for mostly the same reason XFizzle was talking about. I don't know if it's the culture or just human psychology, but for us males it is generally easy to talk about shallow topics and stuff that doesn't really involve the heart. For females, I assume it's generally easy to do the converse

In conversation with certain females, let's say the comfort 'transcends' the normal level of comfort experienced with other males. Sure, it's not socially easy for me to talk about these things to said females, but when done right, it is so satisfying to me. It is just my shame that I don't get to do it much. :blush:

welp. better watch out so you don't get almost the entire forum population after you!

That was more of a joking statement than closer to how I actually think ;p ~

I really don't have all that much to complain about. I actually get a lot of the venting and comforting talks from other people and help them through their shit.

Why does the OP enjoy talking to the opposite sex? Because there's less competition among being with the opposite sex, rather than the same sex.

As a dude, I assume that you've got friends that you sometimes just want to do better at in certain times, but at the same time you also want to ABSOLUTELY DEMOLISH THEM. Usually most guys will be butting heads with each other (either as a joke or in a serious bout) to best each other, and why? Because we don't care, we wanna be number one. But when we're around a female, it's different. We don't really have much reason to compete with the opposite sex (unless its absolutely necessary), and often most men tend to stop being too pig headed when they're around a female unless they're, y'know, dick bags. For instance, I become less loud and annoying around my female friends and actually decide to be calm, as opposed to my usual group who'll tend to yell b/c they just won a game of Durok or Crazy Eights.

I think.

Females? I don't know. All honesty, I just thought that girls don't like each other, but NEVER show it to us (probably because they can hide their true feelings better than men). When they're around a guy, they'd be at safe ground. They won't go around telling people about their conversations, or embarrass them with that one story they told (women are much better with words) - they'll generally just sit back, listen and respond back if they think they have an argument.

I think.

It's not, guys don't care about my feelings, but they'll listen in hopes to getting into my pants.

I use to think that way, until the male population proved me wrong. Seems like all men are perverts, -.-'

...well, there goes my credibility. I'm gonna go hit on every woman I see now, 'scuse me.

• Brohoof 3