Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How come it's more comforting to talk to the opposite sex?

MrJK

I can already tell you're going to disagree, but you cannot be sexist against men. You can be prejudice against them, but not sexist. Sexism is prejudice+power. Men are the ones in power, therefore you cannot be sexist against them.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

sex·ism

[sek-siz-uhm] noun

1. attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.

2. discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job oppertunities; especially, such discrimination directed against women.

These definitions leave room for discrimination against men as well.

Wait, I agree with Fizzy on something? Maybe 2012 is the end of times.

Edited by Forlong

sex·ism

[sek-siz-uhm] noun

1. attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.

2. discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job oppertunities; especially, such discrimination directed against women.

These definitions leave room for discrimination against men as well.

Wait, I agree with Fizzy on something? Maybe 2012 is the end of times.

And I am still going to disagree with you on the definition. This is the last post I'm making on this thread.

I'm really not a "sensitive" person, so I feel like the kind of guys I'm friends with (some real characters, trust me) are better able to understand me when I'm upset and seem less put off by my vehemence and anger - which is a common response of mine - and more likely to simply listen and get to the point instead of trying to comfort me, or at least keep the comfort to something simple like a hug or a drink. If I'm afraid, I want to attack the problem head on and prepare for the worst, not be distracted and comforted. My female friends and sensitive male friends tend to do the opposite of these things.

It's not,

guys don't care about my feelings,

but they'll listen in hopes to getting into my pants.

~

Every boy at mah school would be all on top of you lol. That is unless they know you're engaged (Or married. To tell you the truth, I never knew the difference :(). I would do the same, but one year ago, when I was more hyper-active and MUCH less mature. I have matured now though (Thanks to bronies, aging, and a pill called Intuniv :)), and frankly, thats making it hard to be good friends with a lot of people.

As for the opposite sex thing, I really haven't noticed this at all when I talk to other people. That may be because I talk to boys mostly, as I'm not all that good at talking to girls :P. Its a shame, as there are some girls I would've really liked to be best friends with :(.

Every boy at mah school would be all on top of you lol. That is unless they know you're engaged (Or married. To tell you the truth, I never knew the difference :(). I would do the same, but one year ago, when I was more hyper-active and MUCH less mature. I have matured now though (Thanks to bronies, aging, and a pill called Intuniv :)), and frankly, thats making it hard to be good friends with a lot of people.

As for the opposite sex thing, I really haven't noticed this at all when I talk to other people. That may be because I talk to boys mostly, as I'm not all that good at talking to girls :P. Its a shame, as there are some girls I would've really liked to be best friends with :(.

Engaged means I'm getting ready to be married, shit takes a lot of planning ;p.

And trust me being engaged doesn't stop them. I still messages from guys this day trying to get with me, yay for blocking!

Not ALL guys are like this obviously, but it's only human to try to get something in return when you 'help someone'.

Glad to see you're maturing though. ;D

My friends that are guys are baseball/football players... Basically the 'in' crowd people of my middle school...

So I find talking to the opposite sex more comforting because they won't crack jokes about everything you say to them. Like the conversations I have with this girl would not be possible with my male friends. But I digress ;)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBBdyVQchWQ

I wish I could reach through the internet and slap you.

???

The heck did that come from? Chill out dude.

Engaged means I'm getting ready to be married, shit takes a lot of planning ;p.

And trust me being engaged doesn't stop them. I still messages from guys this day trying to get with me, yay for blocking!

Not ALL guys are like this obviously, but it's only human to try to get something in return when you 'help someone'.

Glad to see you're maturing though. ;D

Hey, that just makes you a challenge. ^_^
  • Brohoof 1

For me, as long as they will understand and listen, it's comforting. But I have many male friends (I'm female), possibly even outnumbering my female friends. I don't know, it just... Happened. .-.

Well even with my best friends ( female ) I don't talk to them about you know my real problems I've got a prolem listener at home and it is my brother, he is very bothersome :angry::mellow: but when I talk to him about my problems he understands all right and makes me feel comfortable :lol: , now about my feelings and so I keep to myself :( even if I do wish to have somebody to talk about them :blush: . I also let go a lot of my stressfullnes at websites like this for I can talk to them pegasisters and bronies with no worries, telling problems to ponies online is much more easier, no matter their gender :wub::) . Now for males in my class or so, they are to inmature still, I do talk to them but about you know not that big stuff like feelings problems, I rarely talk with a boy if not in class things, so ... not much interaction with them. :P

• 2 weeks later...

It's not,

guys don't care about my feelings,

but they'll listen in hopes to getting into my pants.

~

I'd listen to you without that notion in my mind. :<

Most everyone has sexual desires, but I try not to let mine get in the way. Though, if you were to express your feelings to me, it would also matter on how you would perceive me. Would you view me as someone who'd listen to you and give you advice, or just a guy who'd be there in hopes of getting in your pants? Most people have sexual desires; it just matters on their relationship with them.

Anyways, most of my friends are of the opposite sex. I'd act nervous talking to girls, but I think I'm polite enough, and I don't let people's genitalia get in the way between my friendship with them, whereas I can see some people on this forum having difficulties associating normally with people of the opposite sex. So yes, I tend to express more of my feelings to girls.

You know who has no intention of getting into my pants at any point in time or sexual desires towards me?

Straight girls.

Problem solved.

~

Edited by Shankveld

You know who has no intention of getting into my pants at any point in time or sexual desires towards me?

Straight girls.

Problem solved.

~

It depresses me how the many men who let their sexual desires get the better of them when listening to the feelings of women drown out the guys who don't let attraction and sensual ecstasy get in the way. In no way am I trying appear like a "good guy." I'm a human with flaws, like everyone else. I just hate categorizing people. As for men seeming like perverts, isn't there a pervert in almost everyone? The part that matters is how you handle your perversion.

You seem to have experience with the first type of men mentioned in this post. Instead of trying to change your opinion, I feel empathy for your past situations. Obviously, I have little to no understanding because of the fact that I have a penis, but imagining myself in your feet, I feel for your views, even though they seem to categorize, in my opinion.

Overall, this topic is depressing.

Instead of rolling the dice and hoping the guy I'm talking to is the 5% of guys that are like that, I'd rather go with the 100% sure chance of befriending girls. That way I don't run into any issues.You see?

This reasoning exists for a reason.

~

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...
(edited)

I’ve always found it easier to talk to guys rather than girls, cause guys are just so chill and laidback compared to girls, and they don’t judge you like girls do and aren’t overly dramatic. :okiedokieloki: Which explains why I have more guy friends than girl friends. 

Edited by Bolty Luck

(edited)

For me, I just have a harder time being friends with straight cisgendered people regardless if they are male or female. Though I have issues befriending both sexes, really. Girls are overly dramatic and they're usually two-faced, and guys have no interest in talking about feelings and they're irritating.

You know who make the best friends? Bisexual or Lesbian girls. What? It's true.

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen

Sex and gender have no definitive meaning when it comes to understand the feminine and masculine.

The same way I can draw the feminine from the masculine and vice versa.

In other words, I can find comfort within myself, by allowing my feminine aspect, while being physically a male.