Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How come it's more comforting to talk to the opposite sex?

MrJK

I can be happy talking with either gender but I can see why it would be comforting to talk with the opposite sex. It's nice to discuss things and get the perspective of (in my case) a man on the subject because I know my own take on things and it can be nice to get out of my own mind sometimes and see things differently. It's like taking a mental vacation from myself. 

"Women are all drama and talk, thats why I only hang out with guys" Well guess what you just came to the wrong place to get away from that because PEOPLE are all drama and talk. You dont see the alternative, but you SHOULD. Talking to a woman that is a friend, is much different than talking to a woman you like. I spent a great amount of my earlier years, and off and on, hanging out inside groups of women. Its just the social "expectations", because I think the roles are completely reversing, Men gossip about as much if not more than women, and whats even more pathetic is they like, have this "bro reassurance thing". A very small percentage of men actually meet the above average standard they have put themselves at in their mind, the biggest difference between men and women, is that it is much easier for men to lie to themselves and be content with it, some men see other men as fragile property, they have watered their ego to grow so large, that they live behind a shell of absolute fear, scared to ever be revealed the slightest bit sensitive or soft. they project and I wont call it "toxic masculinity" because I dont actually believe in that either, but its more like, giving yourself an "I think Im totally awesome and my s*** doesn't stink trophy, every day, when you have done nothing to credit your undeserved sense of accomplishment and invalid sense of superiority, you are another average joe, but with a fancier ego. That is men, now women criticize a lot, but I think they are also a lot harder on themselves, and may be a little more "self aware".

It is the opposite for me. I tend to be far more comfortable talking with other males. Probably multiple reasons for that. It is difficult enough to truly converse with anyone that I don't know so that is a factor as well. In terms of a close circle, I have no close female friends, but I also barely have any friends in that circle to begin with.

• 2 years later...

I mean its not for me. It all depends on the person's personality as to whether or not we'll get along. Gender doesn't play a part in it for me

• Brohoof 1