Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

friendship games Who's your favorite Shadowbolt?

Lady Diana

Who's your favorite shadowbolt?  

86 users have voted

1. 1. Who's you're favorite Shadowbolt

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Sour Sweet
    • Sunny Flare
    • Indigo Zap
    • Lemon Zest
    • Sugarcoat

Sugar Coat certainly had a fantastic personality; the best, in fact.

I find Indigo Zap's design to be rather curious. She may be a Lighting Dust recolour, but she also looks the most human given her skin color. And by the most, I mean exactly. Makes me wonder how she would look as a pony.

Edited by Wubtavia
  • Brohoof 1

Design wise I really like Lemon Zest, but story wise it has to be Twilight hands down.

I get what you're saying. SciTwi can't be beat if it's story or really character either. Since she was one of the main characters we get a lot of focus on her. So I would say I'd go with her but then I'd feel like it's kind of unfair. Some of the others hardly even got lines after all. So putting Twi aside, Lemon Zest is tops. I love her design, personality, and music. Had to put on some hard rock after the movie.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Obviously Twilight Sparkle (or Sci-Twi as I've been calling her all over these forums already). She is just so adorkable and I can relate to her in so many ways, you'd practically think we're the same person, and in terms of aesthetics, she just looks so darn cute with those massive glasses and her tied-up hair. I really wonder why they didn't use this design for Twilight in the previous EqG films. Oh, and her uniform also goes pretty well with her. 

post-27845-0-98880200-1443913276.jpg

• Brohoof 3

They all had the potential to be great characters, providing they were given enough screen time to flesh their personalities out more.  Even so, Sugar Coat stood out as the most interesting to me despite her lack of dialogue.  

Also, I found a lot of the background characters from Crystal Prep to be just as interesting.  Particularly Fleur De Lis and Upper Crust here:

equestria_girls__jet_set_and_upper_crust

• Brohoof 1

1. Sugercoat she reminds me of myself it's like looking into a gender swap mirror.

2. Sour sweet once again reminds me of myself, but i also her sarcastic/literal is amusing to listen to.

3. Twilight... how could she not be one of my favorites?

Edited by Dxnill
  • Brohoof 1

I'll have  to admit that I'm VERY disappointed in how little character and time in the spotlight each and every one of these girls got. They had great designs, probably great characteristics and personalities and everything, but they got NO moment in the movie to show it. So I got very let down. I wanted to get to know them but nope, that didn't happen. I get that it's hard to make a movie and include everyone without making it boring or confusing, but they really got the hopes up for these characters in the movie trailers just to make it into nothing in the actual movie. Really disappointing.

Anyway, so thinking of that we didn't get to know these people at all, I can't judge who I like the best personality-wise and character-wise. But I really liked the little comments we got from Sour Sweet. So she would probably be my favorite if she got more time to shine through.

However, design-wise, it's definitely Indigo Zap. I love her matching colors, the nicely blended colors in her hair as well as the goggles. She's even got earrings. <3 So yeah. Her.

Indigo Zap is totally a Lightning Dust re-color

sig-3972256.sig-3972256.large.png

Nah, she's not. Indigo has earrings, longer and more "frizzy" hair and has one extra color added to it compared to Lightning. The "fringe" she's got is not even looking the same as Lightning Dust's does.  :D  Fair point though... They just have the same kind of hair-style, but that's basically all there is to it.

Lightning Dust would look something like this as a human:

Lightning%2BDust.png

6ee.png

Just wanted to get that pointed out.  :please:  Not that it's very important though, of course.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 4