Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a Troblems Q&A

Simon

Aaaaand I fell asleep last night without submitting the thread first. :D  Thread will be open for 24 hours, so until 9 am PST tomorrow.  Troblems will be answering questions throughout the next two days, so if you don't get an answer immediately, be patient and she'll surely get to it. :D

Post allllll your questions for Troblems below!

To get things rolling:

What made you get into roleplay?

• Brohoof 8

Hello Troblems! It's great to have you do a Q&A.

I have two questions - firstly, what got you into plush making? And secondly, do you collect any kinds of plushes?

• Brohoof 4

Why is Derpy so amazing?
Why haven't you created life on Pluto?
WHY DON'T YOU RECIPROCATE MAH LOVE?!

That last one is a trick question, because all mah love belongs to Derpy.

• Brohoof 5

Is there a reason why you called yourself "Troblems"?

To Roleplay or not to roleplay! That is thou question! :P

• Brohoof 2

Some happy questions =)

Why the name Troblems?

What gave you an idea on your OC pony and her color scheme talent and the cute design =)?

sig-3913252.KCPJSz7.png

Do you draw =)?

Do you write fiction =)?

What is the happiest moment in your life =)?

• Brohoof 2

Troblems, tell us how do you cause so many problems

• Brohoof 2

Imma have fun with this!

Think about the craziest thing you have ever done in your life. Don't post about it. Now imagine your husband in the same situation. What would your reaction be?

• Brohoof 3

What would be your dream plushie? (Doesn't have to be MLP related ;) )

There were a few convos we've had that sprouted these questions in my mind, but I never really bothered to ask you personaly, Troblems.

What made you start your staff experience with the RP world as main focus in the beginning? Why RP of all the things?

I can't say I was very surprised when you've become a moderator for the forums, but the administrator thingy was certainly unexpected. What pushed you into climbing the ranks and taking greater and greater responsibilities on your backs? I've been growing more and more curious about this with each passing day.

Also, is your administration going to look pretty :> ?

• Brohoof 2

Hi all!

My question would be: What is your favorite plushy? 

My favorite plush that I've made is by far the Pinkie Pie, mostly because she was the first one I completed start to finish. Of my personal collection, I have two. The one I grew up with, a Gund bear (Baba) and the 5 Eeyore stuffies that I got at Disneyland. I use them as pillows and they're super comfy. 

sig-3961552.vCWFxui.jpg

She's unfinished here. Will get the actual picture in a bit.

IMG_06501.jpg

Hello Troblems! It's great to have you do a Q&A.

I have two questions - firstly, what got you into plush making? And secondly, do you collect any kinds of plushes?

When I met @@Wingnut, I was talking to his roommate, who I also met (and is also super awesome) I started talking about my sewing skills from when I was a kid. That started a talk on plushies, and the idea grew from there.

What was the biggest decision that you have ever made as a staff member?

Whether or not to accept the admin position. I honestly wasn't expecting it at all.

So we can ask her anything?

Is this the Krusty Krab?

Within the scope of the forum rules, yes.

I know that's a Spongebob reference from my buddy Google, but uh...That's the extent of my undersea cartoon knowledge, so no. 

Why is Derpy so amazing?
Why haven't you created life on Pluto?
WHY DON'T YOU RECIPROCATE MAH LOVE?!

That last one is a trick question, because all mah love belongs to Derpy.

The power of walleyes.

I figured I'd colonize the moon first. It shall thus be known as Troblemsland.

Is there a reason why you called yourself "Troblems"?

I was talking to my mom's dog today, and I asked if she was causing problems. And trouble. At the same time. My brother was in the room, and he has since called me Troblems. It just kinda stuck, and it was more cleaver than what I had gone by in the past.

Some happy questions =)

Why the name Troblems?

What gave you an idea on your OC pony and her color scheme talent and the cute design =)?

sig-3961552.sig-3961464.sig-3913252.KCPJ

Do you draw =)?

Do you write fiction =)?

What is the happiest moment in your life =)?

See above for question on my name.

As for my OC, she started, as many pony OC's do on the pony creator. I had a friend of mine draw up her original design, but I always wanted her to have glasses, be a little chubby and use my favorite colors, which are teal and wine. They were my wedding colors, too. <3

I cannot draw to save my life. Seriously. When the forum mascots were being made, I made a joke entry. It was not....not good.

No fanfic, I would much rather craft a story of my own, which I'm currently working on.  :smug:

Happiest moment also below.

c92ba4cb7c348ac763cfd20e9088127c.png
sig-3961552.AnWBSjh.png
sig-3961552.post-20300-0-38325100-138976

Troblems, tell us how do you cause so many problems

I got 99 Troblems, but a forum ain't one. If you got Troblems troblems I feel bad for you, son.

• Brohoof 9

Who was your first pony friend=)?

What was the first thing you did when you joined here on forums =)=)?

What your husband said when you told him about the magical ponies=)=)?

What toys did you play with when you were younger =)=)?

Are you religious=)?

Do the ponies represent something special to you =)?

• Brohoof 2

Troblems:

Do you like Modding?

Is it fun, boring, hard?

Do you ever feel like users are scared of you?

Because of this, is it like being Celestia in here?

Best Pony?

Worst Pony?

Favorite Episode?

Least Favorite Episode?

Favorite Season?

Least Favorite Season?

• Brohoof 2

What is your favorite activity/hobby? 

Is it really stressful to be a moderator here? 

• Brohoof 2

How did you and your husband meet?

IF THATS OKAY TO ASK, ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW.

So I had a series of long-term relationships (all 2 years+) starting in high school, and I decided after my last ex that I would take some time for myself, date around and have fun. I was in a new environment after I had move from Southern California, where I had lived my entire life to Northern California, and was going through some serious culture shock, so I decided to use a dating site. I had dates almost every night, because I figured if any guy was brave enough to ask me on a date, I would say yes. There were a lot of them, and mostly I wasn't interested in them, because they almost all smoked pot. As an asthmatic, that wasn't something I was hugely interested in.

Then I started talking to this guy. I claimed he was 6'4, and was obviously a total nerd. I was really nervous about meeting him because there were no pictures of him where you could tell much about what he looked like. In fact, in one he was wearing a welding mask, so I was meeting a faceless guy, who seemed really cool, but how was I supposed to identify him?

Anyways, about a year and a half later we got married. Turned out he was pretty good looking though.  :comeatus:

Okay now I have a serious question.

Are you missing in action?

I don't usually get up this early. I needed coffee, or else I would get angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.

Imma have fun with this!

Think about the craziest thing you have ever done in your life. Don't post about it. Now imagine your husband in the same situation. What would your reaction be?

Incoming most boring answer ever. I plan everything. Seriously, everything. My crazy moments are moments when I didn't plan, and did something extremely stupid. He would never allow himself to get into the situations I was in.

What would be your dream plushie? (Doesn't have to be MLP related ;) )

I have plans to make them both. A Hobbes plush from Calvin and Hobbes, when he's in his stuffed animal form is one. The other is a Moogle plush, particularly because it would match one of my tattoos. :sunbutt:

There were a few convos we've had that sprouted these questions in my mind, but I never really bothered to ask you personaly, Troblems.

What made you start your staff experience with the RP world as main focus in the beginning? Why RP of all the things?

I can't say I was very surprised when you've become a moderator for the forums, but the administrator thingy was certainly unexpected. What pushed you into climbing the ranks and taking greater and greater responsibilities on your backs? I've been growing more and more curious about this with each passing day.

Also, is your administration going to look pretty :> ?

So here's the first post I ever made in the RP sections:

Ermgherd Zero Escape! <3
I'm not much for RP, or else I'd be all over this. I really hope you have fun with it though.

Yup. So that's a thing. Anyways, I had LARPed before, but hadn't done a whole lot of RPing other than that. But because the RP community was so large here, and being a massive introvert, I figured I could use the section to gain friends. I've always been really bad at making friends, but once I have them, I tend to keep them. That was really my focus for applying for staff, as well. Since then it's turned into a passion. Why specifically RP? Dunno, I just saw that that was the section that was taking applications back in the days that showing interest in being a mod usually knocked out your chances of being one. I normally keep to myself, so my chances of actually being offered a spot were slim to nil.

As mentioned above I was rather taken aback when I was offered an admin spot. For the most part my reasons for taking it on were pretty selfish. First female admin. Wouldn't have to wait when admin stuff needed to be done. Couple of other selfish reasons that I would repeat here. I also felt like I was giving up on PRP and RP in general, and that I would be dumping a lot on @@Fhaolan, as he was the obvious choice to fill the role as head of RP. However, about a week after I was promoted, and thus he was as well, he trolled me. Hard. I haven't been trolled that hard in years. I knew he was the right man for the job before that, but that really solidified it.

@@Kay Dreamer Come on Khajiit, you know it HAS TO BE PRETTY.

Always roleplay. Always. And wear sunscreen.

• Brohoof 4

What's your favorite movie, music, book, poem and play?

Best academic subject?

Movie(s) because I can't pick just one: Amadeus, Labyrinth and Big Fish

Music is Rock, Panic! at the Disco, Fallout Boy and David Bowie are probably who I listen to most.

Books I don't have a favorite, but rather a preference for style. I love me some high fantasy, especially with strong female characters.

I'm really not big on poetry.

I really enjoy musicals. Hated Wicked because it was so different from the book, and the love triangle was stupid, but the music was fantastic. I also really enjoyed seeing Warhorse live, but that was mostly due to the puppets.

Academic subject would probably be English/Literature, particularly children's lit. 

In the future, are you set up a store for your plushies? 

I will. Some day. I feel I need to improve a bit first more first, but the quality difference from when I started to now is huge.

Who was your first pony friend=)?

What was the first thing you did when you joined here on forums =)=)?

What your husband said when you told him about the magical ponies=)=)?

What toys did you play with when you were younger =)=)?

Are you religious=)?

Do the ponies represent something special to you =)?

A friend from kindergarten, because we used to play with the G1 toys.  ;)

For serious though, on the site the first two people I made friends with aren't around much anymore.  :(

My husband was completely unsurprised by my love of ponies. He's not into them at all, but he's very tolerant of my love for them.

As mentioned above, I played with the G1 toys, which I still have my collection of. I also had a Lite Brite, a Tomogatchi, and a Skip-it. I was a 90s kid.

No religious in any way.

I don't usually get nostalgic, because of how happy I am now, but they will always hold a special place in 8 year old me. As for now, MLP embodies who I would like to be. A more tolerant, caring, friendly person. I strive for that, even if I often miss the mark, I'm still trying.  

Have you ever read through T.S. Eliot's The Waste Land? 

And if you have, what, if anything, did you get out of it?

I haven't, sorry.

Troblems:

Do you like Modding?

Is it fun, boring, hard?

Do you ever feel like users are scared of you?

Because of this, is it like being Celestia in here?

Best Pony?

Worst Pony?

Favorite Episode?

Least Favorite Episode?

Favorite Season?

Least Favorite Season?

I do like moderating. If I wasn't a mod, I probably wouldn't spend nearly so much time here.

It can be tear my hair out frustrating, but most of the time it isn't. Most of the time it brings a sense of satisfaction, and I like to think I'm made a positive difference around the site. There have also been times when I was ready to quit, and a couple of times where I've cried my eyes out.

I know I've scared the bejesus out of people on several occasions, and when I've been told that, it usually makes me laugh. Mostly because in person I'm the least intimidating person you're likely to see. I also spend a considerable amount of time trolling, and if you look hard, you can find some of my more entertaining moments around the site. Site Easter Eggs as Jeric likes to put it.

Best pony by far is Cadance.

Least favorite (not worst!) is Treehugger. I live in a very hippie-heavy area, and all of my neighbors are just like that. 

Favorite episode is plural, because it was the wedding episodes. Cadance got married not long before I did, and for all its flaws, it's still the one I enjoy watching the most.

Least favorite are most Spike episodes. Not because I particularly dislike Spike, but I think he's poorly used. 

I don't have a favorite or least favorite season. I like them all.

What is your favorite activity/hobby? 

Is it really stressful to be a moderator here?

I used to ride horses, and I wish I could again. It's really expensive to ride, though. Aside from that, reading and gaming. I also really enjoy paintball, but that too is expensive. And painful. Worth it, but painful.

Most of the time it isn't stressful, but as mentioned above there are a couple of times where I've been so frustrated I cried. There was also a call made by a prior staff member that I deeply disagree with that almost caused me to quit that still bothers me to this day. Most of the time, though it's great.

If I told you that you were just shipped with Lightwing for the sole purpose of being able to dispatch more ships, how would you react?

So long as I don't get shipped, I'm good. And unsurprising, because good lord I don't know how Lightwing keeps up with everything that has been shipped.

• Brohoof 5