Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a Troblems Q&A

Simon

You mentioned there being a 'troll' that Fhaolan pulled off that confirmed your decision for him having the job. Could you go into more detail?

It involves a member of the site, and if I said what happened, it would be obvious who it was. Suffice it to say that I don't fall for other people's shenanigans often around the wide world of interwebs, and Fhaolan got me good.

• Brohoof 5

Do you have a way to calm yourself, if you get angry/frustrated/stressed/nervous/etc. ?

What do you think of the rest of the staff (not as individuals, but as a team)? 

• Brohoof 3

What color nailpolish you wear?

Do you use makeup?

What would you do if you had kid?

Is there something that makes you always happy when it happens?

Do you like gardening=)?

Who washes the dishes?

Who cooks the food?

Who cleans the house =)?

Do you have many pets=)?

Do you and your husband ever fight ?

What makes you smile=)?

Is your husband ever watching behind you when you are at the forums?

• Brohoof 2

Do you have a way to calm yourself, if you get angry/frustrated/stressed/nervous/etc. ?

What do you think of the rest of the staff (not as individuals, but as a team)? 

Venting is first. Always. Luckily, most of my rants are pretty humorous to watch, so my husband puts up with it. Then I'll either read to take my mind off of whatever it is, then usually meditate. As for being nervous, it doesn't usually effect me. Note that it doesn't effect me, not that I don't get nervous. I do, but it usually doesn't play into how I deal with things, because I tend to face strife or new situations head on with no hesitation. Because I like to plan so much, that drastically reduces my anxiety about what should be or has to be done.

The staff is awesome. I've met two of the four other admins, (and Feld0, though I'm not sure what the categorize him as), and 4 of the 9 moderators. None of the sectionals, or other staff. However, considering how much time I spend on MLP Forums, as well as the other Poniverse ventures (DeviantArt group, Twitter, PoniArcade, EQTV), I damn well better think that. Of course there are people who ruffle my feathers, and those whom I do the same to, but that'll always be the case, and I still respect them, even if I don't always see eye to eye with everyone.

• Brohoof 5

Ever wanted to meet the rest of the staff? 

What do you think of Lightwing's shipping? 

What is your motto? 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Troblems, any story behind that name? Head of Illuminati Resistance Movement? and what's all that power like?  :mustache: and also from your profile the background is of 'Black Butler' an anime about a demonic butler and Ciel Phantomhive... so you like anime then? any favourite?

Edited by SunsetMaster
  • Brohoof 1

What color nailpolish you wear?

Do you use makeup?

What would you do if you had kid?

Is there something that makes you always happy when it happens?

Do you like gardening=)?

Who washes the dishes?

Who cooks the food?

Who cleans the house =)?

Do you have many pets=)?

Do you and your husband ever fight ?

What makes you smile=)?

Is your husband ever watching behind you when you are at the forums?

So until about a year ago, my nails would not grow. They were always at the same length as the end of my finger tip or shorter. I started taking vitamins, and dealt with an underlying health problem, and for the first time in my life I have nails that are absolutely beautiful. Because of that, I now paint them every 2-3 days. Mostly so I don't pick at them, but also because IT HAS TO BE PRETTY.

I have makeup. I know how to apply it. I normally don't wear it though, because it takes a long ass time to put on, and I don't usually feel the need to wear it. I don it when I feel I need to, such as weddings, funerals, date night, or when I meet new people.

I'd be thrilled. I can't say I'm actively trying to get knocked up, but we're not not trying. (Yay double negative!)

The smell of coffee and new books. Also walking in the door and seeing a wiggling puppy, because he missed me while I was gone. Hubby hugs. <3

Gardening...Oh dear. I have a black thumb. Seriously. I can kill any plant with a withering stare. (Bad pun) Also, OCD says no to playing in the dirt.

So we have the nicest dishwasher I have ever used, so I'm normally all over getting the dishes in there. If handwashing needs to be done, it's Sebastian's job, because it softens my nails, and OCD still says no.

I am the better cook between the two of us, but we both will and can cook. I grew up cooking because my family was dirt poor, and my parents were always at work. My brother wouldn't eat unless you put the food in front of him, so that and laundry was my job around the house as a kid. To me cooking is very straight forward. Ingredients + flavors you like, cook until it looks done. ????? Profit. Sebastian is also more of a baker than a cook.

I have a hard time vacuuming because my joints are so bad, so usually he vacuums, I pick up, but overall we're fairly clean.

We do fight, but maybe once a month if that, and neither of us stay mad for long. For the most part it's pretty harmonic around the house.

He regularly reads what I say, but it's usually because I'm talking about it. But there's nothing I'm ashamed of, so if he wanted to go through my account, he'd be bored out of his mind, but he's welcome to do so. He's got his own account here, but rarely logs in unless I've asked him to. Good luck finding it. =P

Pets. Oh dear.

Pascal (after the mathematician, not the Disney character)

^4F740CDD62E7636B1F6B1FABDB11DDE8E7831DACFB87448AE4^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Hypnos (I sometimes refer to him as Stupid around the forums) He has a dead mouse there, in case you're wondering. He only brings dead things in when I'm home alone, of course.

^AE84801B8E212C7E835C7FFBCB92DE32DF839CD6168FE88C09^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Shara is a rabbit, and the only other girl in the house. You'd think we'd stick together, but nope. She's super grumpy, mostly wants to be left alone. Unless you have banana. Then she'll be your friend. Or at least until she can get it out of your hand. No picture because she's being a butt right now. Which isn't really different from any other time.

The fourth (Drop Bear) disappeared about 2 months ago. I miss him dearly. He was by far the coolest cat I've ever had. I was actually thinking of making a youtube channel based around him before he vanished. Skittish, funny, smart and he got into EVERYTHING.

^EA038C7CFD9854298B76AA0974295ACC4A9CE3633E383AD04C^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Ever wanted to meet the rest of the staff? 

What do you think of Lightwing's shipping? 

What is your motto? 

Absolutely, I would love to meet the rest of the staff. It just so happened that Wingnut and Fhaolan were visiting San Francisco, so I met them when they did that. The rest I met at BABSCon earlier this year. Meeting everyone else would require some traveling, but I'm good with that.

So long as Lightwing doesn't ship me, I'm good.

Troll now, ask questions later? Kidding, I honestly don't have one. I try to live honestly, and never eat yellow snow.

Troblems, any story behind that name? Head of Illuminati Resistance Movement? and what's all that power like?  :mustache: and also from your profile the background is of 'Black Butler' an anime about a demonic butler and Ciel Phantomhive... so you like anime then? any favourite?

I answered the one about my name here:

I was talking to my mom's dog today, and I asked if she was causing problems. And trouble. At the same time. My brother was in the room, and he has since called me Troblems. It just kinda stuck, and it was more cleaver than what I had gone by in the past.
The Illuminati Resistance Movement is kind of a joke around the forums. The sectionals took to calling themselves the Illuminati a while back. I figured if they were the Illuminati, there would obviously have to be some countermeasures. 

I could talk about my favorite animes for hours, but I'll spare you guys, and suffice it to just mention my three favorites. Black Butler (Season 2 doesn't exist in my head canon), B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time and ToraDora!
  • Brohoof 3

What's your favorite brand of coffee and flavors, mon ami?

No specific brand. It's more about region. I love me a good light roast African coffee, preferably with a citrusy flavor. Yup. That's right. I'm a coffee snob.

I dislike smoky flavors, particularly if it's got hints of mushrooms.

Also white mochas. They're amazing. Hot only, though. If I'm going cold, caramel macchiato. I've got a bit of a sweet tooth.

What is the most unusual sandwich you've ever eaten?
One with kangaroo meat. No shame, it was delicious. 
  • Brohoof 3

Ever done anything dangerous? 

Visited other countries (if yes, what was the most interesting country your visited)?

Any countries you would like to visit? post-28830-0-69638000-1437480512.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Ever done anything dangerous? 

Visited other countries (if yes, what was the most interesting country your visited)?

Any countries you would like to visit?

Yup!  :please:

I've been to Canada, Mexico, England, Wales, Germany and Australia. By far the most interesting is Australia.

My father in law recently bought a house in Spain, so I'd like to go there. Australia again. Israel would be awesome. Japan and France for their Disney parks. Finally, the islands of Greece.

• Brohoof 3

Troblems, your avatar is sooo cute! What's she from? :)

Dangan Ronpa 1, which is a PS Vita game. The anime is also on Funimation streaming, if you want the story to see the story but don't have a Vita. Pirating is bad mmkay.

• Brohoof 3

Dangan Ronpa 1, which is a PS Vita game. The anime is also on Funimation streaming, if you want the story to see the story but don't have a Vita. Pirating is bad mmkay.

*sweats nervously* Yeahhhh

Oh yeah! You told me about the game, but she's definitely cute. I love her color scheme.
Speaking of color scheme, how did you choose the colors for Tranquility? c: 
  • Brohoof 1

Is there something that you feel like you need to achieve or still have left to achieve? 

What is the meaning of life (to you)? 

And for something fun, what is your favorite type of fast food (assuming that you eat those kind of things)? 

• Brohoof 2

Oh yeah! You told me about the game, but she's definitely cute. I love her color scheme.

Speaking of color scheme, how did you choose the colors for Tranquility? c:

I covered this a little before, but I was trying to answer a bunch of questions all at once, so I'll go a bit more in depth. Basically, teal and wine are my favorite colors. Most of my t-shirts are some shade of either blue, purple or black. My bedroom is teal as well. My bathroom is the same color except a butt ton lighter, a very pretty aqua. Below is my favorite nail polish colors that I own. I am a creature of habit. I also got a shot of my hand with my nails as they are today. <3

^74C814147EB97A370F6730B8557C66E73DE653DDE40CE56465^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

^318AF0950277D967D79792BD4310F94BC9AD2740E6EC0FA439^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Is there something that you feel like you need to achieve or still have left to achieve? 

What is the meaning of life (to you)? 

And for something fun, what is your favorite type of fast food (assuming that you eat those kind of things)?

If I were to die today, I'd be happy with what I have accomplished. That doesn't mean I don't have dreams, nor does it mean that I have any desire to not do more, but neither am I ashamed of what I have done.

For me specifically, it is to do what I can to live gratefully, healthily and happily for as long as I can while making a positive change in the world, or at the very least without causing any major harm to anyone else.

I unfortunately love junk food. My favorite would probably have to be jalapeño poppers. So greasy. So gross. So bad for you. So delicious.

• Brohoof 5

Who was someone you really looked up to when you were a child, I mean someone you considered to be a mentor?

Let's say that Tirek was bearing down on your house and you had the time to save only three personal possessions (don't worry your husband and animals are already safe), what would they be?

Why is Final Fantasy VII the best of the series? 

• Brohoof 1

Which was the first episode of Friendship is Magic that you watched?

Your favourite episode(s)? 

Which of the mane six do you like the best? Princess Cadance doesn't count. :P

• Brohoof 1

What is the coolest art you have ever seen? 

What would be your dream plushy?

If there is something that you would want to improve about yourself, be it behavior or something else, or here on the forums, just one thing, what would it be? 

• Brohoof 1

Who was someone you really looked up to when you were a child, I mean someone you considered to be a mentor?

Let's say that Tirek was bearing down on your house and you had the time to save only three personal possessions (don't worry your husband and animals are already safe), what would they be?

Why is Final Fantasy VII the best of the series?

My dad's sister. Unfortunately, I got to know her later in life and she turned out to be a terrible human being. We are currently not on speaking terms.

The quilt my grandmother made me, the wedding crystal (as much as possible, because that shit is 300 years old), and my laptop. Luckily my wedding dress is at my mother-in-law's. Teehee.

FF9 is best FF because love, actual fantasy setting, instead of sci-fi bullshit (Looking at you, XII), Tetra Master and hero with a tail.

Which was the first episode of Friendship is Magic that you watched?

Your favourite episode(s)? 

Which of the mane six do you like the best? Princess Cadance doesn't count. :P

First episode I saw was on Netflix between Seasons 1 and 2, and I watched the first episode first.

Favorite episode is plural, because it was the wedding episodes. Cadance got married not long before I did, and for all its flaws, it's still the one I enjoy watching the most.

Mane 6 would have to be Rarity, although I identify most with Twilight.

What is the coolest art you have ever seen? 

What would be your dream plushy?

If there is something that you would want to improve about yourself, be it behavior or something else, or here on the forums, just one thing, what would it be?

Functional art is best art. The one way mirror toilets are hilarious to me. My favorite fan art, though is this:

FANMADE_Shining_fluttershy_by_rom_art.pn

The biggest changes I would make about myself would be purely physical, and not much even then. I'd like to be a bit thinner, and I wish my eyesight were better. I'm tired of wearing glasses.

SO, any question will do huh?

So when things get wet why d they get darker, but water is clear?

It has to do with how adding water changes how light is absorbed and reflected. Basically the water fills space between fibers, and the added darkness is from the light being bent away from your eyes because of the water. ^_^
  • Brohoof 3

What do you think of all of the questions here?

Well outside my normal comfort zone. I can't say that any of the questions aren't things I've been asked before, but normally my replies aren't so concentrated in one place. And honestly, I was shocked when I was asked to do the first staff Q&A. I'm usually the last person picked on the playground.

• Brohoof 3