Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Which movies do you never plan on seeing?

Nit Pick

What films do you never plan on seeing? I never plan on seeing movies like Black Swan, all three parts of the Godfather, Gravity, Birdman (not Harvy Birdman). Pretty much a majority of films that would make the list of 1001 films to see before you die books. Granted I have seen Indiana Jones 1-3 and Lord of the Rings and some others. I just do not ever plan on seeing every film in those books.

↓ More on the subject ↓

I have been thinking recently. I have been thinking how these 1001 movies to see before you die lists come around. I mean I do not have any intention on watching Godfather, 12 Years a Slave, or Black Swan. Mostly because of how I have no interest in seeing them.

Nothing tells me I have to watch these films. Correct. Yet, a very small percentage of people give me the look. The one look that says "you haven't seen this movie?" that I have a distaste for seeing on someones face. They make it their lifes mission to make sure that I watch this film, thinking it will change my life. I have read the synopsis online, I show disinterest in the film then go on with my day. Why must I watch it?

The point of this thread is to ask, no, to find other likeminded people who just rather not watch a film because everyone else obsesses over it. How amazing an actor is or the how the cinematographer points the camera to get the right shots. Yes. Those help the story, but what if you do not have any interest in the story? Why should you go see it?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

inb4 Equestria Girls

I can't think of anything I would definitely never see. I guess some older movies that were huge when they came out but aren't really relevant anymore :huh:

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 2

Any of the Transformers movies, or anything Michael Bay directs for that matter. I'd agree with OP and say Gravity, which always looked unappealing to me and the fact that people have actually likened it to 2001 kind of makes me nauseous. I guess that's all the more reason for me to see it so I can give it a fair evaluation, but even so it's nowhere near my priority list. I've got hundreds of movies, series, documentaries etc that I actually want to watch (and re-watch) first.

The Minions Movie. I'm just so sick of the advertising being everywhere that I'm not going to watch it until the entire series is long forgotten. Sounds like a shitty concept anyway.

Oh yeah, this x 1000. The advertising has been obnoxious.

Any of the Transformers movies, or anything Michael Bay directs for that matter. I'd agree with OP and say Gravity, which always looked unappealing to me and the fact that people have actually likened it to 2001 kind of makes me nauseous. I guess that's all the more reason for me to see it so I can give it a fair evaluation, but even so it's nowhere near my priority list. I've got hundreds of movies, series, documentaries etc that I actually want to watch (and re-watch) first.

Oh yeah, this x 1000. The advertising has been obnoxious.

It'll probably provide a valuable lessons for advertisers to come.

Wait... it was successful? OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Brohoof 1

Paper Towns, Maze Runner, Hunger Games, any teenage romance/dystopian book movie adaption.
Oh- and 50 Shades of Grey. Just no.

• Brohoof 4

Any movie by Adam Sandler. That guy lost his spark over 20 years ago and yet he still is making his horrible movies. I cannot think of a single recent movie that he has directly had influence in that was not terrible, other than Hotel Transylvania but that is about it and it was an animation. He even screwed up the new movie Pixels, which had so much potential. So I don't even touch anything he has made now, I never even consider it for a second.

The Minions Movie. I'm just so sick of the advertising being everywhere that I'm not going to watch it until the entire series is long forgotten. Sounds like a shitty concept anyway.

Also this. For the same exact reasons. Even just the concept of a 'minions' movie irritates me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I used to follow Adventure Time, but I started to lose interest in it during season 5.   I went back and finished the season eventually but quit following it midway through season 6 and only came back for the finale.   So I am not too terribly interested in it's upcoming theatrical movie.

But besides that the emojis movie and the playdough movie.  Just no.  

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

I'm really tired of the remakes of movies that were successful when they first came out.  I absolutely refuse to see Jurassic World.  Also, all of these movies that are being made to capitalize on nostalgia, like Jem and the Holograms.  I've also been becoming more and more wary of films that are hyped up because they're really pretty.  Avatar was just a sci-fi Dances with Wolves (Dances with Smurfs), and I hated all but about ten minutes of Interstellar.  Give me some good ol' 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I feel like I'm becoming a grumpy old man. :okiedokielokie:

The Fast and Furious films come to mind  :lol: I just...can't be bothered to watch them all.  :P

Most horror movies I will most likely never watch either  :blink:

For the same exact reasons. Even just the concept of a 'minions' movie irritates me.

To be fair, I watched the movie and it was probably one of the best films I've seen in a while :catface: but it's all down to personal opinion  :derp: